Vader Mask on UK's Antiques Roadshow

Somerset

Sr Member
Hello everyone.

Just before going out on New Year's Eve my parents sent me a text saying that they had been watching the Antiques Roadshow on BBC 1 and that the final items on the show had been some props that a set painter had recovered during his time in the business.

One of the items he had brought in was a Darth Vader mask. The antiques 'expert' gives the usual spiel about how important provenance is when it comes to film props (and then fails to actually get any proof of it...) before going on to make a valuation of £150,000 - £200,000 if it should ever go to auction.

Now I'm skeptical about many of these things but as far as I'm aware this is unlikely to be a screen-used helmet, but perhaps a more likely a cast or one of the touring ones maybe? Have a look and listen to the chap's story. Can any of our resident Vader experts identify it?

Hopefully this link works - the final section begins at 50 minutes and 24 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryNlmQodPLY?t=50m24s

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Somerset the Vader mask is not from 76 as he says.

It's got the wrong chin grill and helmet connectors, only from Empire on were they like this, but still looks quite good.
Maybe he's got the dates wrong.

I read on Facebook that it is indeed from ANH but has been refurbished for ESB (on the 'Darth Vader - Movie accurate costume' group)

Edit : sskunky said that it could be from Rick Baker promo cast from 78
But it's 40 years old now so it's only assumption

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back