Doctor Who opinions

Very well done episode. Not surprised to see someone whining about "PC," even though it seemed they were making fun of it.

I miss Peter Capaldi already.

Well what did you guys think of todays episode?

I loved the old TARDIS.....It would be amazing if the new Doctor would have a more retro feel to the 'ship'

A bit sentimental,....& too much PC rammed in

J
I agree, I hope they simplify the control room. The show was OK, but the last few regenerations feel like they have been making fun of over the top death scenes from bad movies. He spent a minute or two making a grandiose speech. I'm also not a fan of the increasingly violent regenerations. I would have preferred to see that reconstructed Shada episode.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

OK episode til the Capaldi soliloquy. It was so long and awkward I began looking for a blunt instrument.

I was beginning to think the Hartnell character was pretty decent and kinda wish the BBC would do a new series of Original Hartnell Doctor “missing adventures” in b&w.

Very well done episode. Not surprised to see someone whining about "PC," even though it seemed they were making fun of it.

I miss Peter Capaldi already.

Do you need to be so rude?

I don’t whine,....I was commenting

J

J

And some people don't like comments that contradict their political lean. I haven't seen it yet, I'll probably watch tomorrow since I was gone all day today, but the whole BBC has gone PC crazy and it's the people who agree with that kind of thing that are often critical of anyone who doesn't share that opinion.

J
...and whining about "PC" isn't rude? It's not just on the RPF, it's popped up elsewhere. Some folks got the joke, some - apparently you - didn't.

I thought (as well as a lot of reception I've read) it was handled very tongue in cheek and in good fun. The interaction between the two Doctors served as a reminder of the difference in eras, you of course, are entitled to a different opinion.

OK episode til the Capaldi soliloquy. It was so long and awkward I began looking for a blunt instrument.

I was beginning to think the Hartnell character was pretty decent and kinda wish the BBC would do a new series of Original Hartnell Doctor “missing adventures” in b&w.
It seems that these soliloquies are a part of the regeneration process now. It started out good enough, but overstayed its welcome... Capaldi's solid, but it just went on too long.

I enjoyed the First Doctor in this much more than I thought I would. Doing an adventure or two in B&W might do an even better service to Bradley's performance.

I loved it, but like others thought the ending was a bit overblown. I'm guessing we are going to get a new Tardis based on what happened after the regen.

How many of you figured out who the Captain was before he mentioned his name, I didn't. I figured he had to be someone important otherwise there really was no need for him.

I didn't see anything PC about what the First Doctor and the Captain said about women, that was the way it was in both their times. I also thought Bill's and 12's reactions to it were funny and meant to be that way.

...and whining about "PC" isn't rude? It's not just on the RPF, it's popped up elsewhere. Some folks got the joke, some - apparently you - didn't.

I thought (as well as a lot of reception I've read) it was handled very tongue in cheek and in good fun. The interaction between the two Doctors served as a reminder of the difference in eras, you of course, are entitled to a different opinion.

No JD....I mentioned there were possibly to many PC occurrences in the episode......you could possibly say,"No, I found it to be OK" or "I disagree"....but you say "Not surprised to see someone whining about "PC,"

Being polite isn't hard,...season of good will & all that

& saying I didn't get the joke,....how do you know I didn't get the joke......but if the joke is told too many times,...am I not allowed to comment on that?

J

No JD....I mentioned there were possibly to many PC occurrences in the episode......you could possibly say,"No, I found it to be OK" or "I disagree"....but you say "Not surprised to see someone whining about "PC,"
No, Jaitea... first off, you didn't say "possibly" about anything. Secondly, the post wasn't meant as a direct reply to yours.

I shouldn't have said "someone," I should have said "some" or "some people." Your post wasn't the first or last instance of folks whining about the "PC-ness" of this episode. It's amazing how thin skinned some people are about things being "politically correct." I don't like the term PC, nor am I someone that strives to adhere to this type of value - I can tell and take a joke and have fun and all that - and I know both sides go too far about it all. And, fwiw, I'm also clearly whining....

Being polite isn't hard,...season of good will & all that
Oh, but wouldn't that just be trying to cram the PC down your throat? :)

& saying I didn't get the joke,....how do you know I didn't get the joke......but if the joke is told too many times,...am I not allowed to comment on that?
Based on your statement, it seemed 'apparent' that you didn't. No one is saying you can't comment on it and no where did infer that you weren't - I had issue with the way you talked about it and I disagreed.

I'd much rather talk about Doctor Who than stray off course as we are. I mean - how awesome was it seeing the two TARDIS' next to one another?

I loved it, but like others thought the ending was a bit overblown. I'm guessing we are going to get a new Tardis based on what happened after the regen.

How many of you figured out who the Captain was before he mentioned his name, I didn't. I figured he had to be someone important otherwise there really was no need for him.

I didn't see anything PC about what the First Doctor and the Captain said about women, that was the way it was in both their times. I also thought Bill's and 12's reactions to it were funny and meant to be that way.
Potential spoilers about Tardis.

No, Jaitea... first off, you didn't say "possibly" about anything. Secondly, the post wasn't meant as a direct reply to yours.

I shouldn't have said "someone," I should have said "some" or "some people." Your post wasn't the first or last instance of folks whining about the "PC-ness" of this episode.

Based on your statement, it seemed 'apparent' that you didn't. No one is saying you can't comment on it and no where did infer that you weren't - I had issue with the way you talked about it and I disagreed.

I was the first to comment on this episode.....the previous post was a week ago

You didn't disagree.....you called me a whiner, ignorantly

J

I was the first to comment on this episode.....the previous post was a week ago

You didn't disagree.....you called me a whiner, ignorantly

J
Speaking of ignorant, there are more forums and places that people post about Doctor Who. Lastly, I did not call you a whiner - you do, however, continue to whine.

Can we move on now?

Speaking of ignorant, there are more forums and places that people post about Doctor Who. Lastly, I did not call you a whiner - you do, however, continue to whine.

Can we move on now?

Exactly.....I posted here only.....viewed only here & you offloaded all your frustration with whiners undeservedly on me

I go on because you do not see your faults

J

Thanks, I had forgotten about that article. But what I was really wondering about was what the inside was going to look like. They really trashed the inside during the regen.
I might not be remembering correctly - but the destruction seemed reminiscent of the Smith/Capaldi regeneration. I do hope - and expect - and interior redesign.

Exactly.....I posted here only.....viewed only here & you offloaded all your frustration with whiners undeservedly on me

I go on because you do not see your faults
Once again and hopefully for the last time - I didn't offload anything on you nor am I frustrated. You're taking a simple comment and making it a holy war.

My post did not quote you, was not reply to you and it did not name you - you're taking that all upon yourself. My post was quite simple and mentioned that I wasn't surprised that someone was whining about PC.* It wasn't the diatribe you're attempting to make it out to be. But, that wouldn't be the first exaggeration you've made in this little ***-for-tat.

I stand by that some were whining about the alleged PC tone of the episode. And by whining, I stand by the definition that I've already linked to (specifically "a feeble, peevish complaint).

My faults are plentiful - I'm aware of most of them. Perhaps you should mind yours?

* I've even attempted to further explain that I used "someone" in error. I was working yesterday and posting from my iPad, a clumsy interface for me. Many someones were whining about this.

I might not be remembering correctly - but the destruction seemed reminiscent of the Smith/Capaldi regeneration. I do hope - and expect - and interior redesign.

I thought it was more reminiscent of the Tennant/Smith regeneration and the director mentioned something along those lines although I'm not sure which regeneration she was specifically talking about.

Doctor Who Aftershow - Christel Dee talks to Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss and David Bradley about the Twelfth Doctor's last adventure, his final scene and the arrival of the Thirteenth Doctor.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back