Teecrooz’s Prop Collection: Updated: 22nd of December, 2023

Re: My Lightsaber Builds (All Real Parts and Replicas)

The top one has all my favorite parts, except needing to change the transistors. Unfortunately, the bottom one has the more accurate balance pipe, not talking about weathering.

Re: My Lightsaber Builds (Real Parts and Replicas) - Display Updates

Some of those wind vanes and the older Parks replicas have text, are those just variants, and which one is screen accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Disney/Lucasfilm wants to pick up a full set for a new movie.

I think there's a movie underway for 2020! There's a thread about it that just popped up today in the movie forum... http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=275232

Make 'em pay enough that you can buy another MK9 or three, O.K.?! :D

Can't you switch the balance pipes out? Or are they promised to someone else?

Awesome collection! Those grenades look so purty! Alas, my search for an authentic grenade continues...

Dan

Re: My Lightsaber Builds (Real Parts and Replicas) - Display Updates

Some of those wind vanes and the older Parks replicas have text, are those just variants, and which one is screen accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost all of the windvanes on the No.3 MKI had text. In fact there were multiple factories, so the text can vary depending on the factory. The No.3 MKII, which is the incorrect variant, is more likely to not have text.

As as far as what is screen accurate, available refence is inconclusive. If you are talking about the Chronicles pictures, they are also fairly inconclusive because the windvane has been altered to be lower resolution, possibly to disguise the writing. If you look carefully enough, it appears that the ends of the letters are visible on the higher definition part of the picture. I opted for no letters on my main saber because of the shape as opposed to the writing.

Since this member has been proven such a skillful bountyhunter in gathering vintage parts not only for himself yet for
other members too, .... it's my great pleasure to award and present 'The Ultimate Obi-Wan Kenobi Vintage Parts Light-
saber Group' #1 logo to member : teecrooz

I've been longing to design a special logo for the All Vintage Parts OB1 ANH Members Group - so finally I've been taking
some time out and brushed up my photoshop skills ... enjoy :) ... oh and if you have gathered all real vintage parts for
your OB1 ANH lightsaber ... feel free to use and add this elegant logo in your build thread too and visit my photobucket :

http://s833.photobucket.com/user/Sym-Cha/media/OB1 VPLG_zpsxint69qw.jpg.html

Chaïm

Well done Chaim and well deserved Teecrooz.
This makes me think it could be time for a thread for this group to post pics of their vintage Obi sabers.
Has anyone ever done a count of how many are known to exist?

Well done Chaim and well deserved Teecrooz.
This makes me think it could be time for a thread for this group to post pics of their vintage Obi sabers.
Has anyone ever done a count of how many are known to exist?

I've wondered that myself... here's what I have for a possible count:

4 (known) engines x 9 correct female BPs
plus: 2 known NOS female BPs
--------------------------------------------------------------
= 38 possible all real parts sabers

There will probably be a few BPs found in the wild that we don't know about so let's say about 40-45 possible all real parts Obi's floating around?

Now of course not everyone that has BPs have all of their parts yet and of course Chris has 4(!) complete sabers to himself atm...

If we factor in the male BPs into the mix... that would bring us to a potential 80-90 all real parts hilts?

O.K. I'd love to start the thread for the The All Vintage Parts Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber Group, but being the newest pledge in the roundup and all, I think the honor should go to TheRPF member who finished theirs first. So, I'm sure someone knows who that is. I have a precursory list of everyone who has mentioned that they have at least one part, but I'm sure I don't have everyone, and I haven't paid attention to the order y'all finished, and I don't know with full certainty who all is completely finished. Hey! What's that look for!?! Nobody else takes notes?:lol

Whoever is determined to be the first inductee into The All Vintage Parts Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber Group, please accept and copy + paste my humble contribution to the structuring of how to relay what stage everyone is at:

♂ - Male Balance Pipe
♀ - Female Balance Pipe
x o o o o o o - March 29, 2017 = Started but not finished. (Single "x" indicates you have one part. Date indicates when you received your first part.)
x x o o o o o
x x x o o o o
x x x x o o o
x x x x x o o
x x x x x x o
X X X X X X X - ♀ or ♂ - Month Day, Year = Finished (7 Capital "X" indicates you have all 7 parts groups. Date indicates when you installed your last part.)

If you want to go in order of the part(s) you have from tip to tail like "Balance Pipe, Grenade, Clamp, Bubble Strip, Transistors, Booster, Handwheel", and like me you only have a Grenade, you could signify that by using "o x o o o o o".

Or, you could simply go left to right with the number of parts you have indicated by the number of x's.

Use capital X's when you update your post to mark you've completed your All Vintage Parts Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber and have become a bonified member!

The first time I saw an all real parts OB1 ANH lightsaber it was constructed by our member Howard, http://www.therpf.com/member.php?u=1559, he then did provide member Russrep with the real parts to be replicated long before Romans Empire, then after a long time being an active member Howard focused his energy more onto his family and has not been heard of since . . . he also has sold his precious lightsaber some time ago ... so unless I'm mistaken he should be #1 ... and then came James Kenobi 1138, Anakin Starkiller, Serenity etcetera :)

Chaïm

P.S. Howard also was the first to have made a cut-away version of OB1 ANH lightsaber with all inner parts, I believe this is his (?) :

Last edited:

James finished his about the same time a bunch of us finished them when we all went in on the first engine group buy. He had everything BUT the balance pipe I believe...

???

By your command, NeoRutty . . . http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=275482 :)

Chaïm

Ha... and yet it will be a bit for me... I'm *this* close to finishing mine... just a few things to touch up...

this thread will be great... too bad I can't look at it from WORK, where I spend 98% of my day. Stupid firewall is ruining the fun of this forum. I basically just read and use my imagination, heh.

Since this member has been proven such a skillful bountyhunter in gathering vintage parts not only for himself yet for
other members too, .... it's my great pleasure to award and present 'The Ultimate Obi-Wan Kenobi Vintage Parts Light-
saber Group' #1 logo to member : teecrooz

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/OB1 VPLG_zpsxint69qw.jpg

I've been longing to design a special logo for the All Vintage Parts OB1 ANH Members Group - so finally I've been taking
some time out and brushed up my photoshop skills ... enjoy :) ... oh and if you have gathered all real vintage parts for
your OB1 ANH lightsaber ... feel free to use and add this elegant logo in your build thread too and visit my photobucket :

http://s833.photobucket.com/user/Sym-Cha/media/OB1 VPLG_zpsxint69qw.jpg.html

Chaïm

This is one of the best posts I've seen in a while lol. No doubt that Chris (teecrooz) should be the first member. Heck, he probably has more real grenades than I have D-rings (and I've collected a lot of D-rings over the years).

The first time I saw an all real parts OB1 ANH lightsaber it was constructed by our member Howard, http://www.therpf.com/member.php?u=1559, he then did provide member Russrep with the real parts to be replicated long before Romans Empire, then after a long time being an active member Howard focused his energy more onto his family and has not been heard of since . . . he also has sold his precious lightsaber some time ago ... so unless I'm mistaken he should be #1 ... and then came James Kenobi 1138, Anakin Starkiller, Serenity etcetera :)

Chaïm

Talk about a trip down memory lane. I still miss seeing Serafino in these forums. He was the grenade guru and also did a lot of work identifying/help replicating the booster and interconnect. If it wasn't for him, I would have never had the opportunity to obtain some of these rare parts.

I believe I have one of Serafino's balance pipe's that was weathered by Boba Debt. People keep mistaking it for an original. (its starting to rust lately, actually, gotta take care of that)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back