My Newest Real Parts Lightsaber Addition - A Genuine MPP Microflash Flashgun!!

I've kind of been holding out for luck... like finding one in the wild...

It may seem unlikely, but I found a heiland with oval slots and correct emmiter for 10 bucks, and a correct praco in a box of cameras for 40..

So there's always hope. Everyone knows about graflexs now, so it's much harder, but an MPP... maybe could still happen. I like the MPP, but not like I love the graflex... I would take one in a heart beat at a good deal, but not willing to fork out the money they are demanding... yet.

Last edited:
New MPP is in hand!!

It's in pretty decent condition other than the small dings here and there; most notably on the bulb release where part of the button housing is damaged.

The main difference between this one and my other MPP is that the letters aren't quite as deeply engraved into the flash body and they are definitely definitely not painted...

IMG_3751.JPGIMG_3752.JPGIMG_3753.JPG
IMG_3754.JPGIMG_3755.JPG

And even though it came missing its clamp, fortunately I still have my clamp from my 1st MPP

IMG_3741.JPGIMG_3742.JPGIMG_3756.JPG

Comparison shots:

IMG_3757.JPGIMG_3759.JPGIMG_3760.JPG

Still not quite sure what I'm going to do with this lol... logically I should convert it into a ANH Vader, but I have the MR Ltd. ANH Vader (yes I know the grips are incorrect) so I wasn't really on planning on it...

Mind you I wasn't thinking that I'd find another MPP at a reasonable price either....

If I *do* go forth with a ANH build, anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the black paint off of the sidebars without sanding??

the new one can make a rogue one, small B hole, tapered black bars, 3 rings on pommel, or maybe a anh V2
Your bars are straight, but round so I think the back is not rough aluminum, the ones with white color are machined on internal side I think this was the type used for main ANH vader saber I had such bars on my first mpp, and if I remember correctly it was a "large clamp opening"
It's anodisation, so the only way is sanding, however, you can also machine them, as it was made on original ones, it keeps authentic look even its a modern modification.
Sadly I have no picture of the inside, I dodn't think about it, but it was probably sawn with circular tool, when I remember the circle lines with quite large radius.
cut like this:

IMG_3742.JPG

Last edited:
the new one can make a rogue one, small B hole, tapered black bars, 3 rings on pommel, or maybe a anh V2
Your bars are straight, but round so I think the back is not rough aluminum, the ones with white color are machined on internal side I think this was the type used for main ANH vader saber I had such bars on my first mpp, and if I remember correctly it was a "large clamp opening"
It's anodisation, so the only way is sanding, however, you can also machine them, as it was made on original ones, it keeps authentic look even its a modern modification.
Sadly I have no picture of the inside, I dodn't think about it, but it was probably sawn with circular tool, when I remember the circle lines with quite large radius.
cut like this:

View attachment 697233

My black trapezoid sidebars that I'm using for my ESB build are cut like that. teecrooz sent me a picture of his silver sidebars and they're rounded like my black ones. Mind you I wouldn't be surprised if there was a unpainted/silver trapezoid variant out of the sidebars as well...

I was afraid that someone would say that sanding is the only way. teecrooz's sidebars have this neat, blasted aluminum look to them and I was hoping that if I could stip the paint away without sanding, I'd be left with a similar finish as his...

Congrats on the new piece!

Thanks! Discovering The RPF has been the bane to my wallet's existence lol...

Last edited by a moderator:
His clamp bars are probably anodised aluminum, but no ink, maybe boyling with a chimie to remove ink, I don't know.
when anodising there are two steps, one with electrochemical and then a pore closure with or without color.
The color also fades with light, but these are about 80 years old, so fading will take a whine!

You can also blast them and anodise them again.
But I think the best for accuracy is to keep as they are and make a esb lightsaber, or a rogue one.
If you were not so far and my saber already finished I would offer a trade for the tube with small b hole, mine is a large B hole,and I wanted to make a wired saber with without damaging the lever.
actually mine has wires and lever, and I won't cut the lever aha.
If you need a real exactra set for a vader, I can make one.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back