Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I'm kinda surprised a good lit press ble button alternative hasn't surfaced yet for these.

There might be a way to utilize the lights and have them press down and engage a separate switch beneath them.

I don't post very much these days. I took on a big commission to build a full sized, working Dalek for a client that side tracked me, but this week I picked my bike up from the Bicycle Museum of America where it's been on display all winter, and I had to take a picture with it.

I wish I had taken pics with all of the screen used bikes I've worked on and documented, but the people at the Profiles auction were being really generous to let me document the bike at all.

Anyhow....I thought I'd share these two. I think I'm going to frame some of these and display them with my bike now that it is home.

Gregg

1071641_10100683309953444_1219697407_o.jpg 11082574_10101585832366294_2028598546301559199_n.jpg

That's pretty cool they let you display your bike at the museum Db.
I'm glad you're and having fun with it, that's what it's all about.
btw, I caught your Pee-wee themed cabaret video on You tube, interesting to say the least.

How well does anyone think clear Plasti-Dip would do for protecting the paint on the frame? I've used the black spray in the past and have felt somewhat confident about it. And there's also the bonus of being able remove it.

That's cool, I was just funnin', there's nothing wrong with doing it one piece at a time, Johnny Cash style, you appreciate it more that way, I'm going on three years and counting with mine.

That's cool, I was just funnin', there's nothing wrong with doing it one piece at a time, Johnny Cash style, you appreciate it more that way, I'm going on three years and counting with mine.
Now that I think of it, the song probably describes all of our bikes perfectly.
Well it's a '49, '50, '51, '52, '53, '54, '55, '56, '57, '58, '59... bicycle.

Since I feel like I made quite a find with the delta light, I can say one thing to myself: Treat yo self. Anyone know where I can find Pee-wee's loafers?

Thanks guys. Yeah....I was very honored that they asked me to display the bike at the museum. It was cool to see it sit next to a screen used bike and get to have people see my work.

The burlesque show was interesting. I build props for a lot of the girls so it was hard to turn them down when they asked about using the bike. Not normally something I would have done...but they are nice ladies and it went help showcase some great acts.

I finally got around to getting the front wheel trued. I was able to MacGyver a stand by putting the original fork into a vise. I was honestly amazed to see the wheel go from rubbing against the side to relatively even. Now I have to lace the rear wheel and get the tires on.

Good job, lacing and truing are good skills to have. A lot of bicycle enthusiasts dont do their own truing. Good luck with the back wheel, the tolerances there are much more important due to the tight clearances.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back