DL-18 Jabba's Palace Blaster metal side plates - where to get em?

Hirohawa

Sr Member
Anyone doing a run or have a spare set of the Side plates for the DL-18 in aluminum/metal?

Also if there are resin greebles that attack to the side plate that would be great.

Thanks

Make them yourself :)

Upper plates in 3mm, lower in 1mm aluminum. Only takes a few hours with a coping saw and files...even less, if you´re using an electrical saw
The motor coils are available as resin copies, 15mm round bumpers are found on ebay, the Revell F4E bomb halves are pretty much the only thing left you need for the plates

Corelian improrts did a run a while back. I got a set, they're fairly nice. Ultimately I want to make my own so I might consider parting with them. Or yeah, not too hard to make yourself!

The motor coils are available as resin copies, 15mm round bumpers are found on ebay, the Revell F4E bomb halves are pretty much the only thing left you need for the plates

Are the bumpers 14mm or 15mm - seems to be many choices at 14mm not so much for 15mm. Thanks

for me, I sliced the 1mm upper plates with kitchen shears.

The 3mm aluminum lowers I made with a drill. I drilled out holes all around the shape and knocked it out. Then I put it in a vice and took a heavy ******* file and some WD-40 and filed it to smooth edges.

The upper plates on the blaster. The thick ones.

They are supposed to be identical (as yet unidentified) parts and not a mirror image of each other. The fin that sticks up should be the same on both sides.

What upper plates are you reffering to and how they should look like if not symmetrical?

If you check out the Archives photos from the 90s, they're not even identical profiles.

also, as kurtyboy said, that fin should bevel the same direction, which means one points at the gun and the other points away

Funny this comes up, you know me when ever I can’t sleep I’m hunting eBay for graflex...

Randomly using words with graflex to see what comes up. And I found this interesting

0baf5a5d1d8315e352d355bb3854a4ec.jpg

Thought of you right away tom, wonder if the sides of the gun were camera parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny this comes up, you know me when ever I can’t sleep I’m hunting eBay for graflex...

Randomly using words with graflex to see what comes up. And I found this interesting

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180803/0baf5a5d1d8315e352d355bb3854a4ec.png

Thought of you right away tom, wonder if the sides of the gun were camera parts?

WHOA THERE!!! I saw that a while ago and sent OdiWan72 a message about them. I thought immediately that they were super close... not a match but the right path.

Last edited by a moderator:
WHOA THERE!!! I saw that a while ago and sent @OdiWan72 a message about them. I thought immediately that they were super close... not a match but the right path.

Yeah when I saw this it clicked, wonder if they gutted a camera

Last edited by a moderator:
The upper plates on the blaster. The thick ones.

They are supposed to be identical (as yet unidentified) parts and not a mirror image of each other. The fin that sticks up should be the same on both sides.

okay, ty.

btw. i was using the printed ones from shapeways

the sight top is not 100% accurate, too but i am happy with it for now :)

IMG_5100.JPG

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back