ANOVOS Director Krennic ensemble

Is that full blown death trooper gear?!?! I have to check their site, do they have plans for death trooper armor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Krennic outfit is already up on the website for preorder, but it's divided into the different parts rather than a single set (tunic, pants, hat, etc.) About $800 altogether.

https://www.anovos.com/collections/...ar-wars-story-director-krennic-cape-accessory

Is that full blown death trooper gear?!?! I have to check their site, do they have plans for death trooper armor?

I vaguely remember a post from somewhere on here about an Anovos rep at a con discussing the Death Troopers being best for tall people... so I guess there have been plans. I can't imagine how much it'd cost though.

The Krennic Gear at Celebration is.. odd.

The Tunic is Cream, and the Cape is beige. I asked them about it, and they said that it was the actual fabric and colour in the movie.
I won't purchase either. Looks VERY wrong.

The Krennic Gear at Celebration is.. odd.

The Tunic is Cream, and the Cape is beige. I asked them about it, and they said that it was the actual fabric and colour in the movie.
I won't purchase either. Looks VERY wrong.

Kinda makes sense though. Think about weathering on film used props. On the screen it looks somewhat weathered but when you hold it in person it just looks hammered and disgusting.

But then consider color correction and other film post processing that goes into it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some photos seem to show a slight difference between the color of the tunic and cape. The photos that appear to be from a display at a previous convention seem to show more of a difference than the stills from the film. Is it really obvious in person?

How does the hat look? It's hard to tell if it is the same hat as the earlier IO hat with a new pin or a different design.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I spoke with them again. They say that the colors ARE correct, but they've received enough comments that they've asked Lucasfilm to lighten the cape, and have approval. However, they are not permitted to make it 'White'.

Probably has something to do with lighting as far as how the different costume pieces look.

Somewhat odd that they're now making costumes less accurate by popular demand.

Probably has something to do with lighting as far as how the different costume pieces look.

Somewhat odd that they're now making costumes less accurate by popular demand.
Sometimes costumes and props look a little different in person than on screen with the lighting, color correction, and post processing. It's kind of a dilemma what to do in those cases.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

It really shouldn't be white. Even in the movie it didn't look white. Likewise, the tunic is almost certainly not a pure white.... it would just wash out on camera. A lot of R2 builders are reluctant to dirt up their droids because they worked so hard on them and they look great . But they are disappointed when pictures lose all the detail.

I've said this before, Until you work in the film industry and see first hand how these things are built, filmed and used on daily basis, what you see on screen is 90% of the time going to give you a different impression of what the actual prop / costume really looked like or was made.
"White" is almost always "Teched" down, meaning it is dyed to make it not-white. Pure white reads way too bright on camera and therefore just about every "white" you see in a film, is really tan, light grey or the like.
Also, there are in some cases dozens of hero / stunt costumes / props made that are representing the same thing, but are in reality different depending on the scene they are needed for.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back