The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

Hey everyone, been reading through this thread because I was interested in getting one of these suits and modding it to actually look like an MCU version of the Bucky Cap suit. Would anyone that has a one be able to tell me how well the fabric works with dyes? I was planning on dying the pants, sleeves (minus the shoulders), and part of the sides black. This pic is kinda what I'm going for...

View attachment 600184

thanks in advanced for any input

(Edit: changed pic to a better concept of what I'm going to do)

I just recently made a costume like this myself. I went with black cargo pants and had a top custom made by White Sheep Leather. The jacket cost $210 and I had them alter the AoU Cap top:

1. No A on the shoulders.
2. Changed several parts of the top to black.
3. Made the left arm removable (zipper).

This is what it looks like:

13416870_10209470701947272_7482276618033793340_o.jpg

If you're interested in working with White Sheep, the best way to contact them is through their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/whitesheep.leather/?fref=ts

I was very happy with their work, they commuicated with me very well through FB. Once they had the concept, they sent me a Paypal invoice. I received my custom jacket a little less than a month after paying.

Does any one has any solution on the belt? I need to attach it to the jacket so when I move about, the belt move with the top.
At the moment the top sometime ruck up and partially hangs over the belt :(

See post #56 on page 3 of this thread. You can use simple clips to hold the belt onto the bottom of the jacket, clips stay hidden if you attach them behind the pouches.

See post #56 on page 3 of this thread. You can use simple clips to hold the belt onto the bottom of the jacket, clips stay hidden if you attach them behind the pouches.

Thanks for the reply
but unfortunately I live in the uk and I can't buy those here :(

A long shot but does anyone have a good source for a decent set of AOU gloves? I have seen a few people make one off versions that look really nice but I don't have the skills to do so on my own. I would be willing to commission someone to build me a set if anyone has the desire. Thanks in advance!!!

Does any one has any solution on the belt? I need to attach it to the jacket so when I move about, the belt move with the top.
At the moment the top sometime ruck up and partially hangs over the belt :(

Here's how they did it on the civil war suit, it's velcro on the bottom, and snap under the shoulders for the harness.
captain-america-crossbones-fight-captain-america-civil-war-11.jpg

for AoU, it was snaps. That explains the stitched squares on the belts.
Screenshot_2014-11-14-19-00-40.pngScreenshot_2014-11-14-18-57-10.png

Not sure if there is anyone still subscribed to this thread, but I figured it was the best place to ask. I recently revived my AoU Cosplaysky suit, and was wondering if anyone here had removed the lining in their suits pants? And if so, did it help with the heat at all? Because the top I can deal with, but the pants would be tough all day for someone like me who's got bigger thighs...anyways, thanks in advance if anyone has an answer :)

Not sure if there is anyone still subscribed to this thread, but I figured it was the best place to ask. I recently revived my AoU Cosplaysky suit, and was wondering if anyone here had removed the lining in their suits pants? And if so, did it help with the heat at all? Because the top I can deal with, but the pants would be tough all day for someone like me who's got bigger thighs...anyways, thanks in advance if anyone has an answer :)

I've not done that to mine personally but have heard of others do so. I picked up a pair of under armour coolswitch leggings to wear under my suits and it really makes a big difference. I'm in two Captain America Cosplay Groups on facebook that might be worth checking out; "Becoming: Captain America" and "Build a Better Captain America". A good contingent of users have CosplaySky suits.

I’m going to bring this great thread back from the dead.

A couple of years ago, I got a CosplaySky AOU suit. I’m looking to upgrade the harness and belt. Does anyone know of a source for these pieces these days?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back