Spider-Man costume, problem

ep82

Hey everyone

Can I just ask about these cheaper Spider-Man costumes?

I have seen a lot of people buying them from aliexpress and seen a few people who are doing reviews on YouTube.
I literally followed these people's links and found the store. Brought the suit and everything was good.

Now. My question is, are these suits suppose to start breaking as soon as you touch them lol
I don't know how to describe it properly but I have literally test this suit 2 times and I have found tones of imperfections showing up. There are lots of white spots showing up, looks like the white threads is coming out of the Lycra. Also there seems to be dimples or small cuts
Are these normal?

Here's a couple of pics

A690F40A-9594-476E-9674-8B9807124DC8_zpshmi67htx.jpg

28893E76-4A30-4E80-BFB7-CCF610BC140A_zps6bxmgm4k.jpg

It is mainly around the fingers or face and neck.

I was wondering if this is just a cheap and poorly made version? Or are they all like this?
can anyone recommend me a place I can get them and will last?
I can not afford a expensive suit but I can pay a little more to ensure the right material was used.

This suit cost me around $100us or £60 including the shoes fitted on the suit

I have got the '3D' version where the muscle shadows has been added on

1CEA9A55-54AC-4DE1-9602-66CFFC407C5D_zpssmvwcmnn.jpg

I am also based in the UK. So any recommendations which delivers to the UK will be great :)
Thanks

Hi E.P.,

I would highly recommend zentaizone.com over any other site.Sorry to hear about the damage on your suit.

To answer your question, it's not normal. The suit is made from orhadar's pattern (gunhead design), and is likely stolen as the site does not have a link to require customers to purchase the pattern.

A higher quality suit would be considerably more expensive $4-600 but would be without these issues. Try the rpc studio.

The design is stolen as said jrenemtz321, but the quality is the same you will have from all normal lycra suits from zentai zentai or zentaizone or other.

There are white little spots because the lycra used is white and then printed on it.
The normal lycra is not strong and each time you will touch a rough surface you will create an imperfection.

That's why people pay more to have a thick lycra (stronger but less elastic and permeable.. it will be warmer in it).. So don't forget to ask for it or tick the box on webshop like zentaizone or zentai zentai. ^^

It isn't normal. Sorry to hear about this. I'd recommend ZentaiZone because I've heard nothing but great things about it. ZentaiZentai steals patterns, and Herostime comes too loose most of the time. Honestly though? The RPC Studio, even if incredibly expensive (at least to a guy like me with no money), make the best suits out there. Those are just my two cents. Good luck, man!

The design is stolen as said jrenemtz321, but the quality is the same you will have from all normal lycra suits from zentai zentai or zentaizone or other.

There are white little spots because the lycra used is white and then printed on it.
The normal lycra is not strong and each time you will touch a rough surface you will create an imperfection.

That's why people pay more to have a thick lycra (stronger but less elastic and permeable.. it will be warmer in it).. So don't forget to ask for it or tick the box on webshop like zentaizone or zentai zentai. ^^

Ah right. I didn't realised they had stolen it. I thought it was just a common design as there are tons of them with the same design.

So will Zantaizone suits be thicker and I won't get these white spots? I just don't want to splash out another lot of money if the results are the same :(. Also I can not seem to find the box to tick for the thicker option :(

Thank you all for the reply.

Yeah, it happens a lot about the stealing designs, it's not your fault, you didn't know ^^
Zentai-zentai does the same thing, sort of.

Zentaizone hasn't always the option to tick the box... Oh wait, I'm actually on their webshop and they have updated, it's a scrolling option now between 'Regular Lycra Fabrics', 'Upgraded Lycra Fabrics' (+10$), and 'Upgraded Thick Lycra Fabrics' (+20$)

Anyway, the best way to have no more white spots is to take a red lycra fabric and a blue lycra fabric, and ask someone to print on it and sew it... A lot more expensive though, but the best option..

Yeah, it happens a lot about the stealing designs, it's not your fault, you didn't know ^^
Zentai-zentai does the same thing, sort of.

Zentaizone hasn't always the option to tick the box... Oh wait, I'm actually on their webshop and they have updated, it's a scrolling option now between 'Regular Lycra Fabrics', 'Upgraded Lycra Fabrics' (+10$), and 'Upgraded Thick Lycra Fabrics' (+20$)

Anyway, the best way to have no more white spots is to take a red lycra fabric and a blue lycra fabric, and ask someone to print on it and sew it... A lot more expensive though, but the best option..

Thank you for the reply :)

Oh yeah I see the drop down box. Sorry I was looking at the tick boxes

Right. I see upgraded for $10 (recommended) or thick upgrade for $20

Should I go thick incase the $10 upgrade still gets imperfections (I mean get them quicker as its thinner) or is the $10 upgrade be good enough?

I will be using this quite a lot. I do a lot of parties for children and do a lot of charity work

I can not afford anything expensive as I am doing this from my own pocket and I won't get any money back. So I just need a suit that will last and cheap enough for me to wear and make kids happy

I would go for the thicker.. I mean if you do some poses, you will stretch the suit.
With the time the regular suit will have white areas where the stretch is important.
And the children can be very hard with the suit, trying to unmask you, pull on the suit.. I would go for the thicker. ^^

I would go for the thicker.. I mean if you do some poses, you will stretch the suit.
With the time the regular suit will have white areas where the stretch is important.
And the children can be very hard with the suit, trying to unmask you, pull on the suit.. I would go for the thicker. ^^

Thank you for your advice
I will order the extra thick one. Can anyone tell me how long does these suits last? Bon average ?. I just hope I won't get too hot in the extra thick Lycra hahaha

All depends if you are careful with the suit. Could be a few years, could be one convention or party lol
You can use a dress coat garment bag for example.
I advise you to put sport underwear and maybe a hood under the suit: the suit will slip better to put and mostly when you will remove it (yeah I know you will get hotter.. but it's the price of doing a cosplay..) :p

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back