Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available)

Roy,

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already, but will the new bubble strips be matte/frosted like the previous ones?

Also, will they be "flat" and slide under the clamp edges or will they have the thicker edges like the real bubble strips? (I prefer to squeeze them between the clamp edges rather than have them loose and sliding around underneath.)

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already, but will the new bubble strips be matte/frosted like the previous ones?

Also, will they be "flat" and slide under the clamp edges or will they have the thicker edges like the real bubble strips? (I prefer to squeeze them between the clamp edges rather than have them loose and sliding around underneath.)

Yes, the bubble strips will have a frosted top surface (not the bubbles themselves of course). And they will have a thickness and width meant to slide in the clamp precisely without preparation. So they'll have a little more width than a real Exactra strip, to be steady inside the clamp.
I will post an image as soon as I have a finished sample.

I hope someday you (or someone else) can offer some super accurate and clear ones. The real deals have that ever so slight glimmer to them that is hard to replicate in a casting or replica. The Rebelscum casting gets the accurate shape down, but they still look slightly "dull" when compared to an original. Plus all of the strips I've pulled from the Exactra 19 have been clear and only a couple from the 20 were frosted.

Yeah I think it looks good.

$130 shipped though.

Was this good for a proper Heiland?

Ok, good to know.

It's funny because I was NEVER really into Vader's saber that much.

I have a gutted '05 MR ESB that fit my bill just fine..

until I saw Roy's shroud. Shwing.

As long as I have oval plugs, correct guts (Vader's guts are THE coolest), correct shroud (a la Roy), accurate clamp and grips, I'm fine with it,

The only real problem you'll have is that there will be an unwanted hole at the front of the flash where Heliand put the bulb release button compared to MPP that had theirs on the back.

Tell me about it! I've been looking at options up and down on trying to somewhat conceal it.:p

Are you referring to the hole with the 'flap'?

Roy would it be anything difficult to create a 'cap' for this hole that would curve and sit flush to plug up the hole?

Last edited:

So lemme just throw this out there:

I'm a noobie to the game (but longtime dreamer). I just got my first Graflex yesterday and I'm so *STOKED* to dive in and make it happen. But I am a little nervous. I'm only going to get one shot at this thing and I don't want to screw it up.

Roy... Roy, Roy, Roy... dude, you made it so easy. Between your tutorial and the pieces on your site... I think the only thing I had to dig for was an extra Graflex red button (Ebay... $16... BOOM!).

Thank you so much from the guy on the edge of the lightsaber-making pool nervous about dipping my toes in. I've got the tutorial. I've got all the pieces. I guess the only thing I have left to do is jump in.

So lemme just throw this out there:

I'm a noobie to the game (but longtime dreamer). I just got my first Graflex yesterday and I'm so *STOKED* to dive in and make it happen. But I am a little nervous. I'm only going to get one shot at this thing and I don't want to screw it up.

Roy... Roy, Roy, Roy... dude, you made it so easy. Between your tutorial and the pieces on your site... I think the only thing I had to dig for was an extra Graflex red button (Ebay... $16... BOOM!).

Thank you so much from the guy on the edge of the lightsaber-making pool nervous about dipping my toes in. I've got the tutorial. I've got all the pieces. I guess the only thing I have left to do is jump in.

NICE! CONGRATS. Good for you!
TOO EASY? Maybe :)
Enjoy your build and make it your own; not two sabers are the same.

Roy

Roy your MPP shroud looks great.
Couldn't help but had to order one just 5 minutes ago.

Great work :thumbsup

Are you referring to the hole with the 'flap'?

Roy would it be anything difficult to create a 'cap' for this hole that would curve and sit flush to plug up the hole?

I only just now saw your message. Sorry for the delay.
Are we talking about the big hole on the bottom? It says 'remote' on my Heiland and then the third hole above that. It sits right below the shroud and when the hilt is dangling on your DV costume's belt it's right into view. That hole? I don't think a plug will improve anything. Maybe a piece of glossy mylar tape?
IMG_7212.JPG

Here's another one for you..

Are there any specifics for the bulb button planned?

I was wondering if you were going to make use of the screw hole and screw from the original Heiland button?

Here's another one for you..

Are there any specifics for the bulb button planned?

I was wondering if you were going to make use of the screw hole and screw from the original Heiland button?

Yes, that one is next on the list. It'll be a vacuum cast resin part with an aluminium pull button (buttons non functioning).
I haven't checked it yet, but I do think that the existing screw hole can be used.

I only just now saw your message. Sorry for the delay.
Are we talking about the big hole on the bottom? It says 'remote' on my Heiland and then the third hole above that. It sits right below the shroud and when the hilt is dangling on your DV costume's belt it's right into view. That hole? I don't think a plug will improve anything. Maybe a piece of glossy mylar tape?
View attachment 524410

Got inspired by this to go looking for local alternatives for my Heiland. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a source for mylar tape locally and had to resort to foil tape. The color's a bit off but it's a decent alternative; in some lights and angles, it almost disappears completely.

Yes, that one is next on the list. It'll be a vacuum cast resin part with an aluminium pull button (buttons non functioning).
I haven't checked it yet, but I do think that the existing screw hole can be used.

I had this problem with my Heiland. The MPP bulb release's screws sit above and below the current Heiland holes. I don't think either can be used.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back