Quasimodo Darth Vader helmet - Version II

Picked these up from the machine shop today, I had some new tusks made to a design that Mac and I worked on. We put it together from various photo references, what can be seen on the eFX and then made sure the sizes matched up perfectly with Quasimodo itself. As always, we wanted to make sure that it worked with Quasimodo as a complete package, so custom was definitely the way to go. I'd say we both think this is one of the most accurate tusk designs out there. :)

Also, forgot to mention these were done in stainless steel. Just for fun. :)

Quasi_tusks.JPG

Last edited:
Bookface shared the photo of tusks mainly to show that we are continually trying to make progress behind the scenes. It is not to inform people that tusks are available apart from the helmet, nor is Bookface a parts vendor.

To us, the tusks are only an enabler to achieve an artistic whole. Quasimodo is a fan sculpt and not just another fiberglass helmet or piecemeal collection of parts, and thus we approach this seriously as one would a sculpture, so that we can focus on an artistic vision to recapture the spirit and emotion projected by Prowse within the original Vader costume. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The interesting thing about the TFA is the size. While it's conceivable to scrunch the face smaller, the proportions remind me of a Hasbro Voice Changer child-sized helmet.

I don't know if that was because JJ will shoot the painted scene of Kylo Ren (sheesh, all these new names to keep up with) holding the helmet up in the palm of his hand (that would have been some funeral fire to do that to such a hardcore alloy. Whereas the stormtrooper armor was made of Plasteel, Vader's armor was made of Durasteel. In a ROTS reference, Durasteel melts in lava, and depending on the lava, regular steel melts at around 2500°F, so a little funeral flame wouldn't really melt it that badly.

Okay, please don't hate me. I just realize I pointed out a hole in the story. :cheers

The only reason I'd make one is because of its resemblance to chocolate. But even if I asked bookface nicely to consider offer chocolate castings, I doubt any of you would eat it. :lol

Sounds tasty! Lol!

I just remembered there had been some scuttlebutt floating around awhile back saying Brian Muir is involved with TFA in some capacity. If true, I wonder if the molten helmet was his contribution?

I'm just gonna say that maybe Luke used the Force to aid the flames, causing the helmet to melt that way. Yeah, that's it...

I'm just gonna say that maybe Luke used the Force to aid the flames, causing the helmet to melt that way. Yeah, that's it...

bad but plausible answer.... it's a forest world. Excessive oxygen, higher heat. ;)
(bad answer because the first time someone fires a blaster, you just wiped out half the planet with a forest fire)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back