Battle starship

Well done Katsu-san! Back on track! Really like those turret bases.

However, I must ask, Octagons with a circle saw? I am/was thinking a hole saw (circle) or do you mean a table saw? I can see how a table saw would cut the sloped sides on a square. How did you cut the corner 45's? A jig of some kind?

Thank you, Hagoth-san.
Oh, yes, It's the table saw.
The blade can tilt up to 45 degrees.

I had a sub sandwich...

I love sub sandwich!!
We have no good sub sandwich shop around here.

The turret bases are fabulous, did toy put a light below them or is it natural light making them light up
Anothe Katsu bento box for the lucky lady, now I’m hungry !!! It’s meat and potato pie with peas and gravy for me, builders lunch for me to warm my insides up, British weather getting colder

Naaaaw, I got it completely and sorry Hagoth-san and Dem Bones-san!!
That a great sense of humor. Hats off!

Ha-Ha! It's okay, Katsu-san. Believe me, I get that look :wacko from friends and family all the time! A little weirdness is okay, though.

Those bases look great. The color from the acrylic makes the guns look powered up and ready, a very nice effect.

Thanks Katsu-san. The sequence came to me last night on how you would make the octagons with a table saw. Very clever. And yes, precision is required. They make for a very nice energy effect under the base. Weapons armed and powered up! :cool

In this case ":cool" indicates the goggles the crew wear when Yamato is firing its wave cannon. :D

The turret bases are fabulous, did toy put a light below them or is it natural light making them light up
Anothe Katsu bento box for the lucky lady, now I’m hungry !!! It’s meat and potato pie with peas and gravy for me, builders lunch for me to warm my insides up, British weather getting colder

Thank you !
That acrylic is natural light. I don't know but it enhance the rather dimmer light.
Your meals sounds yummy. I love those meat pies.
It's getting cold here, too. Please take care.

Ha-Ha! It's okay, Katsu-san. Believe me, I get that look :wacko from friends and family all the time! A little weirdness is okay, though.

Those bases look great. The color from the acrylic makes the guns look powered up and ready, a very nice effect.

Thanks! My people often gaze at me like that way, too.

Thanks Katsu-san. The sequence came to me last night on how you would make the octagons with a table saw. Very clever. And yes, precision is required. They make for a very nice energy effect under the base. Weapons armed and powered up! :cool

In this case ":cool" indicates the goggles the crew wear when Yamato is firing its wave cannon. :D

Ha dou hou Uteee!
Thank you very much! Hagoth-san.

Wow, it keeps getting better and better/ I love the glow effect for the gun batteries

Thank you very much!

Agreed! Especially with the black paint job and scribed lines.

Thanks Tom-san,
That was a nerve pinching work and you relieved me now.

I will get to the work bench soon this morning.
I can't expect any good progress for the part I work on today.
Anyway, get there and sit down.

Thank you very much for the pleasant comments, gentlemen.

katsu

Here's a little boring pics but are the progress of the last few days.

The place I did this time is here.

TJdpVXR.jpg

AgR9wHw.jpg

vWeHeiw.jpg

ychSN8O.jpg

obLwFuZ.jpg

HsqhOI2.jpg

20RX7ni.jpg

Oh, as you see, I made a stand. That was A job.

Thanks for looking!

katsu

I really love your work, your attention to detail is bringing this to life, looking forward to all your future work, I’ve looked back over your past work and all I can say is they are outstanding and beautifully crafted
keep up the fantastic work Model Master Katsu-san

Even if the model were a piece of junk, I'd love those pictures for one reason: the light level is very realistic. I've seen way too many models where the interior lights are far too bright for the scale of the ship - the crew would have to be wearing sunglasses all the time, and it really detracts from an otherwise beautiful model.

I also like the lack of exterior lighting. Star Trek and other shows really bug me when a ship is well away from any solar system, yet fully visible, as though it were closely orbiting a star.

Thanks for posting those. It makes for a good start to the day.

I also like the lack of exterior lighting. Star Trek and other shows really bug me when a ship is well away from any solar system, yet fully visible, as though it were closely orbiting a star.

I get what you're saying... but on the other side of that, no one wants to watch a space battle that's just a star field with one vaguely ship-shaped silhouette with running lights shooting nothing visible at another vaguely ship-shaped silhouette with running lights until one of them vanishes with a non-visible explosion. ;)

I dunno, if filmed right it could be spectacular. "Gravity" gave us plenty of realistic destruction. (I get what you're saying though. Sometimes physics has to take a back seat to entertainment.)

Even if the model were a piece of junk, I'd love those pictures for one reason: the light level is very realistic. I've seen way too many models where the interior lights are far too bright for the scale of the ship - the crew would have to be wearing sunglasses all the time, and it really detracts from an otherwise beautiful model.

Thanks for posting those. It makes for a good start to the day.

I get what you're saying... but on the other side of that, no one wants to watch a space battle that's just a star field with one vaguely ship-shaped silhouette with running lights shooting nothing visible at another vaguely ship-shaped silhouette with running lights until one of them vanishes with a non-visible explosion. ;)

I dunno, if filmed right it could be spectacular. "Gravity" gave us plenty of realistic destruction. (I get what you're saying though. Sometimes physics has to take a back seat to entertainment.)

Thanks for the nice comment, Tom-san and Zuiun-san. (Zuiun-san, long time no see and nice to see you being here.)

I had texted a several month ago about the battle in the real space. And someone said that will be like a duel of submarines. Unlike the previous passenger star ship I built, I thought this battleship should be modest about lighting. That could be more realistic for battle ship. However, the reality of that 'Ultimate Regurgitate Interruption Nuclear Equipment' is something I should say, 'Shut up!'

Oh, I saw the recent movie 'Passengers' on Amazon Prime Movie.
That was really impressive! Star ship? Jennifer Lawrence of course.:D

katsu

Some boring pics of detailing on here and there.

I've been working on the detailing up for the nose antenna rods and probes and added a couple of dish antennas.

ZYH9xgP.jpg

VwNg9yP.jpg

tAFQ1Y2.jpg

4a9E1T8.jpg

i3r9Qpt.jpg

4gLAeeQ.jpg

xg4lX5w.jpg

h5kLwoz.jpg

wxSJecv.jpg

i9CHLgs.jpg

WuUg4KC.jpg

rR6fSde.jpg

m2Tq1d2.jpg

And the both side of the hanger deck.

nkMM3yk.jpg

UoxWzab.jpg

And the rough parts was cleaned up.
KdzRIwo.jpg

YkVDiwl.jpg

Some pics of lighting check.

bZnKVXt.jpg

WomIpAh.jpg

k9AHQGy.jpg

Some parts are still too much bright.

O4SUKOc.jpg

dBQN81h.jpg

bZnKVXt.jpg

f3AIrqW.jpg

nn6NkVA.jpg

UquSh75.jpg

PRHI2oh.jpg

ogXJnRu.jpg

2yMalql.jpg

I am still stucked on the building of the blank space of mid section.
So far, I got no good idea. Until I can squeeze out a better idea, I will put hundreds of bits, panels and lines on all over the surfaces.

I know I said before that the end is near.
I was wrong. I was too optimistic.

Thanks for looking.

Just keep adding it gets better every time I look, I can’t believe you said you were adding boring details here and there !!! This is never boring, you need to think what is under the mid section hull, sleeping quarters, officers mess, weapons storage ! To name a few, that could give you an idea of what to add to the outside, escape pods maybe, protected viewing area, the ships name with a light over it ( treky style)
what ever you decide will be outstanding

Katsu-san, if that's your idea of "boring," please give us plenty of warning before you post something "exciting." I don't want to fall backwards out of my chair!

That antenna assemblies are beautiful, especially the long strip with the cutouts. That is inspired, and inspiring.

Nice work as always Katsu-san! Those communication/sensor antennas came out way cool looking.

Ding!
Voice: Set details to Boring.
Katsu-san: Why?
Voice: You just want to stun them.
Katsu-san: Right. Why?
Voice: Exciting details would vaporize them.
Katsu-san: Right. Boring it is then.

Keep the "Boring" coming. Looking fabulous.

What to add to the mid section?

As mentioned above escape pods might be interesting. Then I thought, why would this ship ever need them with its time warp weapons? Maybe as a distraction to lower the guard of an enemy? "Look, they are abandoning ship. Hold fire." "They seem to be drifting." "Wait, their weapons are still fully...." "Oh crap!"

Mine laying racks?
Heat shields and thermal radiation panels?
Revisit the idea of the rotating radome/observation platform across that section?
Salvage/rescue pods?
Launch bays for the fighters?

Whatever you do will surprise and delight I am certain. Very glad we get to enjoy this creative process a little longer. :D

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back