Veektohr's Half-builds & The Occasional Finished One - Zombie MGCs

Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (Derwent Found!)

I still remember my first engine like it was yesterday ;)

Congrats again Victor and welcome again to the club :)

Lol! Wut!? That's awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

did you guys get the burner cans and all the other SW parts?

We snagged the flame cans, but I'm not sure about the oil filter and stuff. It wasn't in working condition when we found it, but we are still in contact with the owner and could check.

Lol! Wut!? That's awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

did you guys get the burner cans and all the other SW parts?

This is the third correct engine I have had the opportunity to assist in purchasing, and the sixth I have helped in identifying whether it would be correct or not. It is always exciting and a lot of anticipation all the way up until the parts are in hand.

This is the third correct engine I have had the opportunity to assist in purchasing, and the sixth I have helped in identifying whether it would be correct or not. It is always exciting and a lot of anticipation all the way up until the parts are in hand.

Incredible contributions to the community, teecrooz. All of you guys actually. It's wonderful!

I understand the anticipation and apprehension part, too. I wonder if it has an impact on blood pressure?
Sorry. I'm getting old and I think about these things.

That set of ladies looks to have fantastic natural coloring.

I was drinking so much coffee I would get a headache while tying my shoes a while back... cut back to just a cup or two a day [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy Moly! Incredible luck we're having lately. Well done gentlemen.

Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (Boooooooster!)

Nice score veektohr, . . . I should have liked to have obtained a real female Balance Pipe instead of a converted male . . . then again I seem to be cursed with 'it's close but not quite yet' with most of my life events . . . that said BP # 3 and # 4 are exactly the same in your picture :wacko

Chaïm

Last edited:

Yeah I made that grid on my phone : / whoops.

Flash-Bashes and Blasters (Derwent Found!)

288d7005dfec8a7ad6c12d12ffbbdcd0.jpg

da91c3fdae1065061e23dc494eb6245e.jpg

Came home from a business trip in the middle of a blackout, but HOLY SMOKES. Never in a million years did I ever think I'd receive a package like this. Totally unreal. This one's going in the memoir for sure

Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (Gratuitous Balance Pipe Photos)

Smokin'. Great snaps. In awe of the weathering on the sides of the second pic. Love those pock marks! The Rolls plate is to die for.

Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (Gratuitous Balance Pipe Photos)

I'm meeting up with some LA prop dudes today, so I decided to put the Obi to bed finally. Fitted one of Roman's adaptors to my favorite BP. I was wondering how I was going to attach it, but then as I was sanding it to fit I just left it tight and hammered it in with a rubber mallet. Swaged the darn thing in, and it's sitting tight.

eNmWOPR.jpg

Also took care of my transistor situation. The washer is also Roman's. The contacts behind them are trimmed, and pretty much just smushed up between the clamp spacer and the clamp. It's not the sturdiest, but it works.

Z7hGANS.jpg

And that's pretty much all she wrote. One day I'll revisit the grenade and get the brass to seat all the way into the top, and probably thin the balance pipe adaptor length-wise so it can sit even deeper without popping out the bottom. But I'm happy... both because I'm relieved to not be endlessly hunting parts down anymore (at least for this :wacko), and because I simply never thought I would actually succeed in the first place. Now I can finally move back to some other stuff... like my DL44s that are just sitting there wondering why I never call anymore.

JdlDtv3.jpg

Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (Boooooooster!)

Nice score veektohr, . . . I should have liked to have obtained a real female Balance Pipe instead of a converted male . . . then again I seem to be cursed with 'it's close but not quite yet' with most of my life events . . . that said BP # 3 and # 4 are exactly the same in your picture :wacko

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/5c74779421ca392a90a1b0a4b53a9de7_zpsn9c0pici.jpg

Chaïm

This is like some weird RPF matching game. Lol. I love it.

Re: Veektohr's Half-builds & The Occasional Finished One

I'm as impressed with the sabers as I am with what they're sitting on. Still wishing I had the money during that run!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back