Heiland Synchronar Flash Conversion

infernoWS6

Just received my first Heiland flash. I have decided to go for an ESB conversion for this one. This will be my first attempt at flash conversion and first attempt at making a prop. Excited to start. Any tips or other words of wisdom are appreciated!

5DE5B807-E8F1-450E-980E-B4764E7909BC.jpg

B397DE11-A8D6-4D03-8AFC-016F30564A44.jpg

DD902306-34B7-4DEC-B984-C45A19E096DB.jpg

Great score indeed ... how screen-accurate would you attempt to go with this DV lightsaber conversion?

Roy will have a DV Heiland/MPP conversion kit available soon at wannawanga ... including an MPP replica
shroud, push button and T-tracks ... for a more accurate MPP clamp go check the custom saber shop ... :)

Chaim

I saw Roy had came out with a shroud but wasn't aware he was doing the push button as well. And as a kit? Very nice!

What options are there for the battery cap/pommel? Find another Heiland with the proper knurled cap?

Thanks for the info Chaim.

I think as of now, the only option for a close match on the end cap is to get one from another Heiland. Roy, and others have stated that the tooling and probably manufacturing costs are too high for such a thin piece with and so many curves, etc. I'm sure if we could get 100 people willing to pay $100 each for the end cap it could happen, but I only know a handful of people here crazy/dumb enough to pay that much money for such a small piece of the puzzle (I am one of those dumb/crazy people).

I must add the push button that Roy will produce is non-functioning, so has no spring button inside ... as opposed to the one done by Blast-Tech previously . . . as for your vintage shroud you can still use it eventhough it's a 2 step shroud . . . unless you feel the need for upgrading to an MPP wannabe Heiland ... then Roy's metal shroud is a great alternative :)

Indeed reverse enigineering and producing an MPP replica endcap, for such a niche market, is not a viable option to endeavour . . . for now :wacko

Chaim

I'm about where you are. I've purchased my Heiland, have some of Roy's conversion parts (the shroud and the center clamp), but am fairly confused as to exactly what I should be doing next.

If you have a shroud and a clamp, all you need is a bubble lens and some grips.

Get yourself a set of Roy's tracks and decide which Vader you want to make!

If you decide to go ESB, you'll need the wires for the holes.

There is a member here who you may be able to pm regarding some wire.

Quick update.. I was able to track down a Heiland Flash with the proper knurled cap.

A7D62168-06D2-440B-9F26-94A928970E9C.jpg

I also picked up a second proper Heiland I am planning on setting up as a kit and surprising my cousin with. I don't know if I should build it for him or just get the parts and let the padawan build his own. :)

8921E9BD-D449-4C98-9B0A-C09AE02447E4.jpg

Wait.... is that a G R A F L E X??? It showed up today :D

EA541D84-5D46-49E0-9C39-D3A9CCB1DCE4.jpg

77E547DD-FB81-44D7-AB8B-C205D7097AF9.jpg

Both will become ESB Sabers. This is fun and addicting. And expensive lol.

I'm super jealous of your GRAFLEX! Congrats. :thumbsup
I would highly recommend that you head over to wannawanga! The products that Roy has to offer are exactly what you'll be looking for (for both your builds), & the quality is second to none. Super fast shipping too!
I've got two Heilands for the "end cap shuffle" myself. I'm planning on making a custom saber with other. You're on a good track. & you got a GRAFLEX! You're way ahead of me.

Wouldn't a Parks replica be more screen accurate than using a Heiland 3-cell flash? Isn't the port holes different from an MPP as well?

Wouldn't a Parks replica be more screen accurate than using a Heiland 3-cell flash? Isn't the port holes different from an MPP as well?

Yes on both suggestions however ... Parks has waiting times for when he gets a new batch made ... thus for those not looking for total screen-accuracy a Heiland is a nice option . . . and for those who wants a metal wrinkle painted one step shroud replacement for their Heiland now they can turn to . . . Roy at wannawanga :)

Sabs ... Patience ... it may be a while but prices may come down eventually.

Chaim

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back