Bandai release schedule

I'm hoping to be able to walk in to our LHS and buy one. Colonial Photo here in Orlando has started carrying the Bandai kits.

Mini AT-ST and Snowspeeder coming in April:

097-1280x877.jpg

Also a nice buildup of the AT-AT:

http://www.taghobby.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/096-1280x1054.jpg

Hat tip to Electric Indigo at Hobby Talk.

WOW it looks like they even did the smaller ESB ATST head instead of reusing the ROTJ model they had already. You have to give credit to Bandai, thats pretty cool

I'm wondering about those very visible slots--that are probably associated with the movement. Are they on the filming miniatures or "the real thing"? Because that's quite an obvious opening to have to fill up, if you have to.
Mike Todd

What you see in TESB is the "real" walker and the slots are there. Filling them is certainly an option (it's your model), but the slots are most definitely supposed to be there.

The Bandai 1/144 AT-AT kit doesn't include any Snowspeeder, BUT... the official size of Snowspeeders is 5.3 meters, so in 1/144 scale means 3,7cm. The two Snowspeeders included in the old AMT 1/100 AT-AT kit are 3,6cm long, so they are a nearly perfect match for the AT-AT Bandai.

Mini AT-ST and Snowspeeder coming in April:

View attachment 706134

So, my idea of using the little old AMT Snowspeeder with the new Bandai AT-AT is officially dumped... Go for the new little Snowspeeder AND AT-ST! :D

So are the new mini snowspeeder and AT-ST in scale with the new AT-AT kit?

Well, the 1/1 Snowspeeder should be 4,73m wide = 3,28cm in 1/144 scale. The base support of the Bandai Vehicle Line is 2,9cm wide, and the Snowspeeder in the photo is a little bit wider than the base support, so the scale should be more or less correct.

My guess is that the Snowspeeder is close to 1/144 where the AT-ST is closer to 1/350. Yup, box scale.

Hmmm.. no, the scale of the AT-ST could be 1/144.
In the photo the height of the AT-ST seems at least twice of the Snowspeeder base support (which is 3cm wide). The height of the "real" AT-ST (Wookiepedia) is 8,6m, so in 1/144 the height of the walker should be... 6cm.

Hmmm.. no, the scale of the AT-ST could be 1/144.
In the photo the height of the AT-ST seems at least twice of the Snowspeeder base support (which is 3cm wide). The height of the "real" AT-ST (Wookiepedia) is 8,6m, so in 1/144 the height of the walker should be... 6cm.

Sure, I guess it could be. I'm looking at the cockpits. Compare the TIE fighters with the AT-ST. Unless that kind of AT-ST only has room for one person in the front, it's a lot smaller scale than the TIE fighters.

Again, it's a guess based on one photo of a bunch of fictional craft.

I have found this production image of the Tie cockpit:

tie-scale-rebels.jpg

Seems that the Tie cockpit has lots of space around the pilot. If I remember, the pilots in the AT-ST cockpit are really crammed into.

And, yes, we are talking seriously about a bunch of fictional craft... and that's the fun.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back