My tenth Doctor costume

Seems that an accurate Tennant tie comes up on ebay about every six months or so. I've never seen one of the New Earth ones, though, maybe they were a really limited release.

I keep meaning to look into starting a petition to get things re-released - I have a contact at All Saints who might be of help with the Matt Smith boots. But maybe one of the makers of the original ties might be willing to put them back into production if they find out that their items were used in a hit show.

I got the Utopia tie on ebay as well.

The tie in New Earth was by a brand that can be purchased in any Debenham's (I think it was Debenham's) and so the value of such a tie is low. Most people wouldn't think to put them on ebay. Which is why the Armani tie comes up most frequently, because everyone knows the brand. As for reissuing them, Armani can't find the design in their library and Nina Ricci don't want to do it. No idea about the others.

The tie in "New Earth" is made by Daniel Hetcher. It is very hard to find but Magnoli does an excellent replica of it, as well as the Swirly tie that Tennant wore in his regeneration and the Utopia tie for round about $60 each. (only problem is though, I didn't buy the Utopia tie because the brown background is too light.)

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder if some people even read the thread.....

Anyway, I decided at the beginning of last month that I'd finally finish my Waters of Mars space suit in time for the Gallifrey One con two weeks later. What followed was two weeks of hell.

The original respirator helmet with the visor repainted.
DSC02582.jpg

All of the original parts disassembled.
DSC02579.jpg

The light box scratch built from styrene sheet.
DSC02581.jpg

And painted.
DSC02583.jpg

In progress shot of the helmet.
DSC02588.jpg

And the visor.
DSC02589.jpg

And the result!
DSC02629.jpg

DSC02630.jpg

419337_10101716113491740_13901025_76011237_305768654_n.jpg

I don't have any good pictures yet, and the helmet is still a work in progress. The ear sections were thrown together from EVA foam and I think they look terrible. They need to be removed and remade from scratch. I'll also eventually be sculpting the neck seal and molding it in black rubber.

Risu, I just wanted to say fantastic job on that helmet! :)

Necro post but...what is the space suit helmets base? I have a growing fascination with that costume :lol

EDIT:
Nevermind, I found it in another thread, but excellent work on this!

Last edited:
Man, it's been a really long time since I've posted in here. I sold off my suits and coat years ago, but kept all the shirts, ties, shoes, etc. I'm going to get back to making all that stuff again, but first, here are a couple pictures of the replicas of the Kenzo and Nina Ricci ties I'm having made. There's a thread in the project runs forum if anybody wants to check it out.

28066200127_6a48a85159_c.jpg

41124740130_d13c6e3e77_c.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back