Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

So at the moment we ID’ed his boots as Bates, one sweater as Rag & Bone and the jacket as Matchless? It wouldn’t be hard to surmise that the rest of his wardrobe is from a brand as well and not a custom made garment.
Did I miss something in regards to his jacket?
I thought it was very much confirmed to be a custom garment.

Yeah, nothing has been confirmed about the jacket regarding Matchless... just some hearsay from a couple people here and on the Film Jackets forum.

Just found one (size L - of the rag & bone avery navy) on the UK's ebay (I'm in US, but jumped on it regardless of shipping).

Was pricey though, $120 USD all-in. Anyway, they're out there. Keep lookin'

A person, one, made some tall claims on another forum. I went looking for provenance and found absolutely zero, there is none. I did find a number of Matchless Instagram posts where they were making claims to other garments, and being called out for it. Make of it what you will, but it honestly looks really sketchy.

It ain't what you know Jake, it's what you can prove.

A person, one, made some tall claims on another forum. I went looking for provenance and found absolutely zero, there is none. I did find a number of Matchless Instagram posts where they were making claims to other garments, and being called out for it. Make of it what you will, but it honestly looks really sketchy.

It ain't what you know Jake, it's what you can prove.
Yeah i don't think it's confirmed but considering Matchless seems to be making every movie coat these days its not that outlandish to suspect.

It isn't outlandish to suspect in context, no. But it also just raises a load of questions, especially when they seem to also have a social media manager who makes these sort of claims (a job which really is just being a hawker), and there is no real information around from independent mouths who aren't invested in selling something.

Why have people claimed it "looks like matchless" when it's designed by Renee April, looks like and incorporates design cues shared by all the other gear she designed for the movie (Luv, extras) and using magnets and shoulder caps is fairly widespread practise?
Why do we see so many garments being manufactured in-house in the behind the scenes footage?
Why did Renee April mention that she and her staff ran out of the material and so only made 15 instead of 20 jackets, if it was outsourced to a large manufacturer?
Why do the claims come from a single unverified source who "can't name their source" but goes on in the same post to identify them as "a guy who doubles for Gosling"?
Why did this source name Bulgaria when the filming took place in Hungary, and didn't seem to know much else?
Where is the parka that Ford was supposedly wearing also by Matchless (claim in the same post), which has never been seen?

Seems like a guy who likes Matchless got excited and blurted out some sketchy information. I'd love for there to be more information about the thing available, but there doesn't seem to be at all, and everything I found ranged from big questionmarks, to spurious.

Again, I'm not here to ****can people, while I'm sure someone will take this kind of stuff personally, fair enough. I just want for information to be verifiable or at least have some kind of basis beyond "man I bought a dog from down the pub", "internet", "they say", etc.

It isn't outlandish to suspect in context, no. But it also just raises a load of questions, especially when they seem to also have a social media manager who makes these sort of claims (a job which really is just being a hawker), and there is no real information around from independent mouths who aren't invested in selling something.

Why have people claimed it "looks like matchless" when it's designed by Renee April, looks like and incorporates design cues shared by all the other gear she designed for the movie (Luv, extras) and using magnets and shoulder caps is fairly widespread practise?
Why do we see so many garments being manufactured in-house in the behind the scenes footage?
Why did Renee April mention that she and her staff ran out of the material and so only made 15 instead of 20 jackets, if it was outsourced to a large manufacturer?
Why do the claims come from a single unverified source who "can't name their source" but goes on in the same post to identify them as "a guy who doubles for Gosling"?
Why did this source name Bulgaria when the filming took place in Hungary, and didn't seem to know much else?
Where is the parka that Ford was supposedly wearing also by Matchless (claim in the same post), which has never been seen?

Seems like a guy who likes Matchless got excited and blurted out some sketchy information. I'd love for there to be more information about the thing available, but there doesn't seem to be at all, and everything I found ranged from big questionmarks, to spurious.

Again, I'm not here to ****can people, while I'm sure someone will take this kind of stuff personally, fair enough. I just want for information to be verifiable or at least have some kind of basis beyond "man I bought a dog from down the pub", "internet", "they say", etc.
I suppose the potential of it being from Matchless could mean a possible retail version. Even though it probably would've been inaccurate and have been released already. Whereas if it solely exists as a custom garment we would have to settle for replicas which is fine as some of them are quite well made.

I'm very happy with my cheap £10 Sweater (the one from Boohoo Men mentioned on the previous page). I know people who want 100% accuracy may look for the real deal or a reproduction, but for me... I'm not willing to spend crazy money on a sweater. For me, cheap and "pretty accurate" is good enough. Haha.

So this is the 3rd attempt to get a sweater I'm happy with. Other ones have been too knitted/chunky or have had waffle print that is a bit too fine/subtle. The honeycomb knit of this one though is perfect and the sweater is relatively lightweight so it won't be uncomfortable to wear at cons under the jacket etc.

One extremely minor qualm - it has a greenish hue to it. My t-shirt in first picture is black so you can see the difference in colour. It was listed on the site as "khaki" so I was expecting it to be greenish. It's fine, but I worry it may all look a bit tooooo green under the jacket. I'll see when my jacket arrives... could always be dyed though so not a big issue.

28870091_10157330451973569_8568057845365342208_o.jpg28782875_10157330451858569_8834142176137969664_o.jpg

Also found them in black here:

http://www.smallbrooksurgery.co.uk/...ontrast-interior-neckline-black-sw-p-447.html

Website based in Estonia. Looks like a potential scam as they have like 1500+ in stock.

I've ordered one. Call me silly but I've done it on credit card so I've got protection if it never turns up or turns up junk. They use DHL and the website seems to have a 'safe' rating. I imagine they'll be knockoffs of the real deal, but again, I can fall back on credit card protection if it's not what it says it is. Worth the gamble?

It's a fake site for sure. They sent me an email and their payment company registers as a 0.3/10 on trustpilot :D Shame you don't get their registered billing address until after you purchase.

On a positive note, it won't be legit what they're sending, if they send anything. So I can still get a credit card charge back and may receive a half decent knockoff for free ;)

You may want to also consider canceling your card afterwards as well. Otherwise you might get charged for some additional items that you never receive either.

Actually, on a more serious note, credit chargeback still costs the credit card company money, and ultimately we, as consumers, end up footing that bill (i.e. high interest rates and misc fees). So I think it's best to just avoid the headache to begin with.

Just my 2 cents.

You may want to also consider canceling your card afterwards as well. Otherwise you might get charged for some additional items that you never receive either.

Actually, on a more serious note, credit chargeback still costs the credit card company money, and ultimately we, as consumers, end up footing that bill (i.e. high interest rates and misc fees). So I think it's best to just avoid the headache to begin with.

Just my 2 cents.

Card cancelled already, but thanks for the heads up :)

Oh yeah sure I understand that. It wasn't a conscious choice to get scammed. The site had no negative ratings online (I assume because it was probably set up too recently, in hindsight) and I didn't have an ID on their actual trading name until I'd already purchased. Then I knew it was a scam and it was too late. It was a gamble. Talking about being able to charge back is just me trying to put a positive spin on it. I've never been scammed or charged back on a purchase in my life until this very point.

As an amusing side note, I emailed the company yesterday to ask about their operation, and they replied with 'Calm down and be patient. Your item will be sent to you ASAP.' :lol

Anybody knows how get more wider the neck on a sweater?
Like a lots of fellas here, I have a good collection of K's jumpers, and K also wears it with the neck wide open. This is more easy to say than actually do. All the jumpers I have are very tight in the neck, and a few days ago I started to push out the neck in one of them and just broke it, It ripped out.
So my question: is there any way -let's say- less dangerous to get the proper wide?:lol

Last edited:
Got my Zlurpo coat and it’s great! Fabulous quality!!
So, here’s what I did to mine to make it more like the screen used version. I washed it, without soap and tumble dried it. I did this because my sleeves were a bit long and I was hoping they would shrink a bit (they did) and… just to give it a more worn in look. Then I dyed the fur using the alcohol ink method. Brushed on, not sprayed. Then I committed to the Liquitex satin finish coating right over the existing canvas color as it was dead on and the painting intimidated me too much. Worked great! It’s a bit stiff but i like it as the coat collar has body now and stays in place.. then to age it… after it dried for a few days…I threw and rubbed concrete mix right on the coat and aggressively rubbed it in and brushed the excess off. I’m pretty impressed with the results.
see photos below:
img_6338.jpgimg_6339.jpgimg_6341.jpgimg_6340.jpg

So, here’s what I did to mine to make it more like the screen used version. I washed it, without soap and tumble dried it. I did this because my sleeves were a bit long and I was hoping they would shrink a bit (they did) and… just to give it a more worn in look. Then I dyed the fur using the alcohol ink method. Brushed on, not sprayed. Then I committed to the Liquitex satin finish coating right over the existing canvas color as it was dead on and the painting intimidated me too much. Worked great! It’s a bit stiff but i like it as the coat collar has body now and stays in place.. then to age it… after it dried for a few days…I threw and rubbed concrete mix right on the coat and aggressively rubbed it in and brushed the excess off. I’m pretty impressed with the results.

see photos below:
View attachment 801679View attachment 801680View attachment 801681View attachment 801682
Looks awesome!
I think the distressing you did is spot on. I personally am looking forward to just using it as my daily coat that will turn some heads.

see photos below:
View attachment 801679View attachment 801680View attachment 801681View attachment 801682

Looks good! Did you just brush the Liquitex Satin finish (I guess this is the varnish) right on? I tested with mine and it looked too shiny but this looks a lot better.

I'm very happy with my cheap £10 Sweater (the one from Boohoo Men mentioned on the previous page). I know people who want 100% accuracy may look for the real deal or a reproduction, but for me... I'm not willing to spend crazy money on a sweater. For me, cheap and "pretty accurate" is good enough. Haha.

So this is the 3rd attempt to get a sweater I'm happy with. Other ones have been too knitted/chunky or have had waffle print that is a bit too fine/subtle. The honeycomb knit of this one though is perfect and the sweater is relatively lightweight so it won't be uncomfortable to wear at cons under the jacket etc.

One extremely minor qualm - it has a greenish hue to it. My t-shirt in first picture is black so you can see the difference in colour. It was listed on the site as "khaki" so I was expecting it to be greenish. It's fine, but I worry it may all look a bit tooooo green under the jacket. I'll see when my jacket arrives... could always be dyed though so not a big issue.

View attachment 800952View attachment 800953

I receibed mine today. And I would like to ask you: is brave soul brand? I saw in the pics in boohoo's site that it had a boohoo man label in the neck, and mine have brave soul. There is green, nothing close to khaki, and even looks like the pattern texture is diferent. I'm a litle bit angry about that.

Well done Cirrus, nice job, yeah the stiffness will wear a bit once it’s really broken in. Mine is still stiff in the main body area, but the arms and shoulders are well worn and feel great.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back