Reebok Stompers and other Aliens themed shoes

Re: Reebok Stompers and other Aliens themes shoes

well whatever it is i'm assuming Reebok is going to make maybe 100 of them and they'll all sell out within seconds and instantly wind up on ebay at a 800% mark up.

Yup. The Pirates had their bots set up. They were literally sold out in under two seconds. Within five minutes of them being sold out the first pair was on eBay for $1,000.000. Unless they are going to give the actual collectors a chance, Reebok can go screw themselves!

@cavx what about adding a thin strip of LEDs to the edge of the step that's facing the shoes? It could give a cool lighting effect. And if you got the LEDs that change color you could try a few different options like green.

Something else that could be cool would be adding a plastic grate like this (painted metallic) on top of the perspex. Even adding LEDs from underneath would make it look badass.

Last edited:

Reebok can go screw themselves!

I am sure I quoted Cuba Gooding Jr's character Rod (in JERRY MAGQUIRE) when Reebok first announced the extremely limited run.

@cavx what about adding a thin strip of LEDs to the edge of the step that's facing the shoes? It could give a cool lighting effect. And if you got the LEDs that change colors you could try a few different options like green.

I found a 4 pack of RGB cut-able LED strips for $40 with a remote changer. 3 of those will be going behind the AT screen (lights up the speakers when not projecting onto it) and the fourth set would be of great use here, for sure.

Might just get this printed on mat paper and then pour epoxy over it. It will soak in, bond it to the plastic and give it a nice shine.

Looks like I got the drool to drip and cure in the shape.
a5615a7982c720503a7df387cf591477.jpg
82b6f2483d23675b51f867d3f1631e5e.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

by the negative response from the 2016 ultra limited release of the stompers, wasn't Reebok going to make it up by releasing another batch?
Or was that the 2017 release of the power loader/ alien queen box set?
don't get me wrong, that box set is amazing and glad they were made and easy to get.
But it seemed Rebook was shipping more 2016 Stompers.

And I hope Reebok reissues them again in high and low

by the negative response from the 2016 ultra limited release of the stompers, wasn't Reebok going to make it up by releasing another batch?
Or was that the 2017 release of the power loader/ alien queen box set?
don't get me wrong, that box set is amazing and glad they were made and easy to get.
But it seemed Rebook was shipping more 2016 Stompers.

And I hope Reebok reissues them again in high and low

Even though I now own one of 426 pairs, yes I hope Reebok does right by the fan base and releases more. My pair is one of the 30th anniversary pairs, so releasing more will never take that away or devalue them. Not that I care if it does. I am not selling these, but others deserve the opportunity to own them.

To make just 426 pair world wide was ridiculous. Especially when the RRP was less than $200 USD. Of course they will sell out in a micro-second.

And done. Not perfect but condidering new materials only cost me $8.30, I won't complain. I will have to redo my Weyland Yutani logo and after watching the ALIENS special edition tonight, I noticed the "building better worlds" is actually lower case.
c73560eb6bd474fbc80395e200d958bd.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Still kinda fun thinking we might get sumthin cool next month

To be honest, I was surprised that Reebok did the run of themed low stompers for last year, but it was good that they did. We don't know what might come next month, but it would be cool of they did something every year for 4/26

Anyone know what the fonts actually are?

The top font is a slightly altered version of "Microgramma D Extended Bold"

micro.gif

As for the bottom font, I have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something the prop department just made up.

Last edited:

And yeah, I'm really hoping Reebok is producing more of Ripley's Stompers for this year's 4/27. A few months ago I went ahead and purchased a pair of the Xcoser knock-offs for my Ripley cosplay, and they turned out to be absolute GARBAGE.

xcoser.jpg

Would be really awesome if I could get a legit pair to wear, and a pair to display. I mean, after the outrage that followed the sale of the Stompers a couple of years ago, surely Reebok is now aware that there's definitely a demand for these shoes. They'd be stupid not to capitalize on that, right? Nike got it right with the Doc Brown Vandals, they were limited, but took a couple of months to sell out. I bought a pair, and after a whole month I was still able to go back to the Nike site and snag a second pair. In the end, every single pair sold, so it was a win for everyone. Why can't Reebok follow suit?

And yeah, I'm really hoping Reebok is producing more of Ripley's Stompers for this year's 4/27. A few months ago I went ahead and purchased a pair of the Xcoser knock-offs for my Ripley cosplay, and they turned out to be absolute GARBAGE.

View attachment 803605

Would be really awesome if I could get a legit pair to wear, and a pair to display. I mean, after the outrage that followed the sale of the Stompers a couple of years ago, surely Reebok is now aware that there's definitely a demand for these shoes. They'd be stupid not to capitalize on that, right? Nike got it right with the Doc Brown Vandals, they were limited, but took a couple of months to sell out. I bought a pair, and after a whole month I was still able to go back to the Nike site and snag a second pair. In the end, every single pair sold, so it was a win for everyone. Why can't Reebok follow suit?
You would think that would be a great idea, but it never happens that way.

I got luck and got a pair of these on GOAT. They were $45 because the Reebok on the strap is upside down. The other strap it perfect.
d61bddf05960de9caab20c9f357d9ed1.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You would think that would be a great idea, but it never happens that way.

I got luck and got a pair of these on GOAT. They were $45 because the Reebok on the strap is upside down. The other strap it perfect.

Awesome score!!!

attachment.php

WOW, knock off Stompers do exist! Don't tell my wife or she'll want a pair in her size. When I was buying my Stompers, the pair I was about to buy was only US4.5 and she was OK with that because they would fit her. That sale fell through and I scored the US9.5s fro Japan.

For a knock off, these look better than the V1 of the Nike MAG. At least the colourway is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

The top font is a slightly altered version of "Microgramma D Extended Bold"

View attachment 803604

As for the bottom font, I have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something the prop department just made up.

Microgramma D Extended Bold is the font I used. So that can stay as is. Even in lower case, it looks better.

How close to 4/26 did Reebok announce the Stompers last year? We're coming up quickly on the date...

How close to 4/26 did Reebok announce the Stompers last year? We're coming up quickly on the date...

Can't really recall. A couple of weeks for the hi-top Stompers in 2016 and next to no notice about the black and yellow mids in 2017.

For the 2016 Hi and Mid, they were announced on March 31st and on sale April 26. For the Final battle 2-pack, they announced on April 26 and on sale July 18th. Both releases were completely botched, as some retailers opened online ordering hours ahead of schedule, so they were all gone by the 9am official start time. :angry

For the 2016 Hi and Mid, they were announced on March 31st and on sale April 26. For the Final battle 2-pack, they announced on April 26 and on sale July 18th. Both releases were completely botched, as some retailers opened online ordering hours ahead of schedule, so they were all gone by the 9am official start time. :angry

And there has been no announcement so far?

What's so bad about them? I only ask because I'm thinking about picking up a pair and I want to see if the problems are something I can live with.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back