Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

I'm super happy. Will be a shame when they stop working. cavx I have been watching your YouTube videos. Think I need to get some of the glow side light, do when they fail. Do you have these for sale?

Also... I haven't heard from David in a week. The dude hasn't been on whatsapp since Monday. Unsure if they have a holiday.

Also... I watched a video of how the power lace works on the hyperadapt (Dude cut some in half) and the design in 100 times better than the v4 idea. Check it out on YouTube. Would be a good idea if ever used to mod a v3.

Update... I managed to get some mint condition Reebok 20th bringback pump for £65. A crazy price considering a guy is selling some for £700 on eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm super happy. Will be a shame when they stop working. @cavx I have been watching your YouTube videos. Think I need to get some of the glow side light, do when they fail. Do you have these for sale?

Yes I am selling glow kits.

Also... I haven't heard from David in a week. The dude hasn't been on whatsapp since Monday. Unsure if they have a holiday.

Yep, Chinese new Year celebrations until the 19th.

Also... I watched a video of how the power lace works on the hyperadapt (Dude cut some in half) and the design in 100 times better than the v4 idea. Check it out on YouTube. Would be a good idea if ever used to mod a v3.

The problem is space on the MAG or lack there of. Hyperapts are complete new design, so they build the shoe around the box, not try and fit the mechanics into the shoe.

Update... I managed to get some mint condition Reebok 20th bringback pump for £65. A crazy price considering a guy is selling some for £700 on eBay.

Once all my other eBay purchases come in (Air Pressure and Mr Fusion and what ever else I have ordered), I am going to see if I can score a pair Reebok Stompers (the hi-top worn by Ripley).

Once all my other eBay purchases come in (Air Pressure and Mr Fusion and what ever else I have ordered), I am going to see if I can score a pair Reebok Stompers (the hi-top worn by Ripley).

I would love to do the same at some point but I can't afford the $400-700 price tag on those.

Mag news:

Did anyone see Professional _sneakers live IG last night? He did a quick el panel repair but gave away a lot of information in the video.

He show how to take the clear soles off with out have to cut the sole. Here's how he did it:

1. Heated up the sole with a hair dryer
2. Used a long eye dropper to put Acetone in the seam of the clear part and the sole of the shoe.
3. Pop it off with ease!

It literally came off like butter. He then showed the camera the Acetone so he was giving away the process.

After he got the el panel in he glued it all back together. I have asked him in the past what glue he uses and he wouldnt tell me. All he said is he knows the manager of the factory and they send him a bottle for $10. After his live IG last night I was able to see the label on the glue bottle. It's Barge Infinity. I wasn't 100% sure I believed him when he said he knew the manager of the factory and seeing the Barge Infinity I feel like he was just protecting his methods, which is fine but if you go live make sure you don't give them away.

I have also bought an el panel for my shoe that was super dim from him. It hasn't arrived yet but he also told me he gets the el panels from the factory too. After taking mine apart already and seeing the back of the el panels from the factory and the ones he used in the IG I'm not sure that are the same. Which is fine, but I now believe he sources them out somewhere else. Again all fine, I just wonder where you can get a sheet that you can attach your own wires to so it will fit the shoe right.

Anyways, just thought I'd share my finding in case anyone wants to take out their el panels without having to cut the sole up.

I've actually ordered a quart of Barge Infinity, if anyone can help me find what el panel to buy, I wouldn't mind doing some repairs for some of you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I would love to do the same at some point but I can't afford the $400-700 price tag on those.

Mag news:

Did anyone see Professional _sneakers live IG last night? He did a quick el panel repair but gave away a lot of information in the video.

He show how to take the clear soles off with out have to cut the sole. Here's how he did it:

2. Used a long eye dropper to put Acetone in the seam of the clear part and the sole of the shoe.
3. Pop it off with ease!

It literally came off like butter. He then showed the camera the Acetone so he was giving away the process.

After he got the el panel in he glued it all back together. I have asked him in the past what glue he uses and he wouldnt tell me. All he said is he knows the manager of the factory and they send him a bottle for $10. After his live IG last night I was able to see the label on the glue bottle. It's Barge Infinity. I wasn't 100% sure I believed him when he said he knew the manager of the factory and seeing the Barge Infinity I feel like he was just protecting his methods, which is fine but if you go live make sure you don't give them away.

I have also bought an el panel for my shoe that was super dim from him. It hasn't arrived yet but he also told me he gets the el panels from the factory too. After taking mine apart already and seeing the back of the el panels from the factory and the ones he used in the IG I'm not sure that are the same. Which is fine, but I now believe he sources them out somewhere else. Again all fine, I just wonder where you can get a sheet that you can attach your own wires to so it will fit the shoe right.

Anyways, just thought I'd share my finding in case anyone wants to take out their el panels without having to cut the sole up.

I've actually ordered a quart of Barge Infinity, if anyone can help me find what el panel to buy, I wouldn't mind doing some repairs for some of you.

I wonder if it's the same for the white ankle peice

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. Wouldn't the Acetone ruin the fabric? Guess I could do a test on the inside of the shoe and see if it does anything to the fabric.

Funny you say that. I havent found a pair in a uk size 10... but a guy called Peter Toma put up a pair in UK 9.. yesterday on Myth sneakers. Didn't put a price up but that's the first time I have seen a 9 in a while.

Your size too!

Mag news:

3. Pop it off with ease!

if youre looking for el panels, wizardbttf has some

Not that different to what we are paying for the MAGs and these are real deal REEBOK!

3. Pop it off with ease!

Yeah cool. I hope this works for the under side parts as well.

I was more concerned with buring the fabric or distortion of the white buckle part when using heat. I do seem to remember an early adopter of the V3 MAGs claiming his buckle had a dent and when he used heat to expand that out, the buckle popped off.

I'm not sure. Wouldn't the Acetone ruin the fabric? Guess I could do a test on the inside of the shoe and see if it does anything to the fabric.

It might stain (then again, so does water) but i don't think it will damage anything.

Funny you say that. I havent found a pair in a uk size 10... but a guy called Peter Toma put up a pair in UK 9.. yesterday on Myth sneakers. Didn't put a price up but that's the first time I have seen a 9 in a while.

Your size too!

Yeah that would be cool to score those. Not that I would wear them, but just to own them would be sweet.

Not that different to what we are paying for the MAGs and these are real deal REEBOK!

This is true! If you come across low priced size 7 or 8 let me know lol

Mag update:

So I ordered my el panel from Professor _Sneakers and it hasn't arrived yet, but after I posted my above post he messaged me in IG and told me I was "talking crap" so he refunded my money and blocked me.

I have nothing against him, I was just sharing the information he willingly live streamed. He is a very young talented kid that just has a lot to learn about business.

Now I need to find a new place to get an el panel as I'm sure he wouldnt refund me if it was still on its way.

Anyone know where I can get one? (messaged Wizardbttf already, just in case I would like a few back ups)

Feedback please. The middle colour is what I think is the closest to the ice blue soles Nike put on their shoes.

After many mold modifications , I am now able to make a full set. There is still some fine tuning to go and I think the best way to do that is to take a hard copy of the mold, modify that , then remold in silicone and make multiple copies. The acquire other sizes and start all over again.

During the R&D, I have a few clear wings. They are not perfect but have full clarity of the side part that you will see. PM me if you are interested.

6e55db226221aed8cc95e21902e2549a.jpg
b7c0c7f1a222906c8a0a6544ea1ec497.jpg

7f7c0d8350a992e402c9cf89c31cbad2.jpg

My vote goes to the middle for blue sole.
But the super clear type looks more like the movie version. :)
You sure are putting a lot of work into these! Good job!

Thank you DragonGalvy. Yes there is a lot or work involved with these. Lucky MAGs are a passion so it makes me want to see light at the end of the tunnel.

I am liking the light blue myself, more and more, so whilst I was originally going with screen accurate clear, will do light blue first, but I am doing mine over white still, so a hybrid. The other reason I am going blue is to get this colour, I have to mix the entire 2KG batch for colour consistency, pour to pour. It should be a case of 5 drops to 100g, but it not always the case and I don't want to be throwing out parts simply because they are the wrong colour.

Yes, like with all molding/casting projects, there is always R&D needed as something always shows up that you missed in the design.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Fake Education has made several posts on their instagram comparing real 2011 NIKE MAGs to the Chines made V3s. Good comparison shots, but they focus on all the wrong things and they speak like it is evil to own the reps. Its not like MAGs were available for everyone. I sort of feel like trolling them now.

@cavx That's what I did too, ended up tinting a whole container of rubber so they'd all come out uniform color. Oddly enough, I've sold more plain clear than icy soles...I thought more people would want icy instead of clear.

So Fake Education has made several posts on their instagram comparing real 2011 NIKE MAGs to the Chines made V3s. Good comparison shots, but they focus on all the wrong things and they speak like it is evil to own the reps. Its not like MAGs were available for everyone. I sort of feel like trolling them now.

Yep, if Nike had actually bothered to release a vaguely reasonable number of pairs (like they used to do) and just sold them at retail, even for $500, they could have produced a heap more profit both for themselves and the MJF over time. Pity.

@cavx That's what I did too, ended up tinting a whole container of rubber so they'd all come out uniform color. Oddly enough, I've sold more plain clear than icy soles...I thought more people would want icy instead of clear.
Will see how they look on the shoe

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Yep, if Nike had actually bothered to release a vaguely reasonable number of pairs (like they used to do) and just sold them at retail, even for $500, they could have produced a heap more profit both for themselves and the MJF over time. Pity.

They actuioned off the lot didn't They? That's probably the most they would have made.

I personally don't think Nike made a penny out of it. They probably made a loss. The amount it would have cost to engineer, design and made these, I don't see them making much at all.

Even the hyperadapt have had to be sold at £700 and that's been sold it's in 10s of thousands

Update... I wore mine all today. Loved it! And the lights still work... for now.

Good to know you are still making them. Do you have multiple sizes yet? Do you add any blue to your clear? The product I use is called "water clear" but I found adding a few drops of blue to Part B makes it even more optically clear. My clear parts I showed in that post actually do have blue. All I have done is to increase the amount of blue. I just pulled a set this morning that rivals the blue on the 2016 PL MAG. I doubt anyone will want these as they are almost as blue as when I dyed my soles.

Exactly. 1500 pair in an auction Vs 10,000 pairs of a general release with no lights, world wide. You don't need to be a mathematician to work out what venture would turn a bigger profit. Why not do both and hit all the markets.

They actuioned off the lot didn't They? That's probably the most they would have made.

I personally don't think Nike made a penny out of it. They probably made a loss. The amount it would have cost to engineer, design and made these, I don't see them making much at all.

Even the hyperadapt have had to be sold at £700 and that's been sold it's in 10s of thousands

Update... I wore mine all today. Loved it! And the lights still work... for now.

The Hyperadapt 1 is proof that a high priced, high volume product will sell and sell out.

For the MAGs, the cost of molds alone would have negated any chance of a profit for NIKE but they did gain massive world wide publicity - twice on these shoes alone. A good mold is something that can be stored and brought out later when needed. These are made from machined steel or aluminium by the way and not silicone and they cost from $4000USD upwards depending on the complexity and how many parts they have. Most of the PU parts out of China are done in aluminium because it is lighter and cheaper to produce. This is why David mob never upgraded the mid-sole and probably never will.

The MAGs have mid-soles, outer soles (2 parts), heel cups, light bubbles and ankle buckles in both left and right and in 5 different sizes. Let that sink in for a bit. Even if each mold was made with a left and right for each part in the 5 different sizes, that is still 5 molds before you even start and because the midsole is actually quite complex, you are looking at way more than $4K for that.

Cool that your lights still work.

Good to know you are still making them. Do you have multiple sizes yet? Do you add any blue to your clear? The product I use is called "water clear" but I found adding a few drops of blue to Part B makes it even more optically clear. My clear parts I showed in that post actually do have blue. All I have done is to increase the amount of blue. I just pulled a set this morning that rivals the blue on the 2016 PL MAG. I doubt anyone will want these as they are almost as blue as when I dyed my soles.

The pair I molded was from a size 10 or 11 I believe...but I modded a size 13 and they fit. So I haven't really felt the need to make anymore sizes. Yea, the stuff I use is "water clear" it's completely clear. I think mold release and mold finish affect the transparency the most. Even humidity can affect clarity.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back