Kingsman: The Secret Sevice Eggsy (Kingsman Suit)

MegaLEGOFilms

Hey, so I recently watched Kingsman for the first time, (seeing the new one on Saturday) and I want to make Eggsy's suit from the final confrontations in Valentine's base... I have already purchased the Umbrella and the Glasses, and I have a bid placed on a lighter that will work. I hit a roadblock however... Ive watched the scenes from the time Eggsy puts on the suit, to when he "visits" the princess probably about a thousand times now, and I still can't quite figure out what color his suit is. I know that it is double breasted with pinstripes, but I can't tell wether or not it's Navy Blue, Charcoal, or Black. It looks like different colors in alot of shots and I can't quite tell. I'll post some pics of it, but any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 4427536-0141185735-ktss-.jpg
    4427536-0141185735-ktss-.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 563
  • a08818af77c9b6269c26178fc94b4311--eggsy-kingsman-taron-egerton-kingsman.jpg
    a08818af77c9b6269c26178fc94b4311--eggsy-kingsman-taron-egerton-kingsman.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 274
  • EggsyFiresUSP.jpg
    EggsyFiresUSP.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 335
  • Kingsman_29.jpg
    Kingsman_29.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 397
  • Kingsman_63.jpg
    Kingsman_63.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 291
  • Kingsman_65.jpg
    Kingsman_65.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 220
  • KINGSMAN_NVIZIBLE_VFX_03.jpg
    KINGSMAN_NVIZIBLE_VFX_03.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 296
  • Kingsman-1.jpg
    Kingsman-1.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 2,044
  • Kingsman-Taron-Egerton2.jpg
    Kingsman-Taron-Egerton2.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 311
  • Kingsman-The-Secret-Service-kingsman-the-secret-service-38648276-1920-1080.jpg
    Kingsman-The-Secret-Service-kingsman-the-secret-service-38648276-1920-1080.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 312
My guess would be charcoal, it looks a little light in most scenes to be black and the shot in where it appears blue is almost certainly a result of color correcting/lighting.

The picture of Eggsy in the cave tunnel seems to have the best "natural light" to get a color match.

Fashion alert: IMO,

A charcoal suit with grey pin stripes, navy(majority color) tie, white shirt works much better than a Navy suit w/ navy tie.

It makes sense to have Navy w/ Navy. However you loose the tie in the suit. You have white to break it up but there is still clashing. However having that lighter darker color like charcoal, you get a tie that stands out but doesn't clash with the rest of the pieces.

So I'm tossing my two cents in for Charcoal w/ grey pin stripes:)

Last edited:
I second charcoal - a good worsted will have some sheen that will almost change color in different light (in this case, blue will come out of the grey). Also, if you're not already a tailor, I would recommend this book as a good resource for getting all the classic details right for a Savile Row suit.

Classic Tailoring Techniques for Menswear: A Construction Guide
by Roberto Cabrera et al.
Link: http://a.co/eHObLHL

Last edited by a moderator:
Eggsy's suit in the first movie was navy blue, but really, really dark. Harry wore a lighter navy blue suit in the church scene, a charcoal suit for the bulk of the movie, and a glen plaid suit in his off hours.

The second movie stayed pretty close to that. Harry wore a really similar glen plaid suit as well as a plain grey and Eggsy wore a navy pinstripe suit and a charcoal pinstripes suit almost identical to the one Harry wore in the first movie, but with stripes that leaned a little more toward pink than orange. Merlin wore a much lighter navy pinstripe suit, that one was definitely too bright. I've been looking for a match for the charcoal Harry suit from the first movie for a couple years. Found something nearly identical but the spacing is half as far apart. Thinking of going with that, but the navy pinstripe fabrics are much easier to find good matches for.

Did you get the real umbrella? I'm in California and can't justify the expense for something that will never once get used, but I did buy the glasses and the tie. I was also watching a lighter yesterday, but it went too high. Planning to rig up a blinking LED in it if I can find one cheap enough.

Eggsy's suit in the first movie was navy blue, but really, really dark. Harry wore a lighter navy blue suit in the church scene, a charcoal suit for the bulk of the movie, and a glen plaid suit in his off hours.

The second movie stayed pretty close to that. Harry wore a really similar glen plaid suit as well as a plain grey and Eggsy wore a navy pinstripe suit and a charcoal pinstripes suit almost identical to the one Harry wore in the first movie, but with stripes that leaned a little more toward pink than orange. Merlin wore a much lighter navy pinstripe suit, that one was definitely too bright. I've been looking for a match for the charcoal Harry suit from the first movie for a couple years. Found something nearly identical but the spacing is half as far apart. Thinking of going with that, but the navy pinstripe fabrics are much easier to find good matches for.

Did you get the real umbrella? I'm in California and can't justify the expense for something that will never once get used, but I did buy the glasses and the tie. I was also watching a lighter yesterday, but it went too high. Planning to rig up a blinking LED in it if I can find one cheap enough.

Thanks for the info! I didn't get the real umbrella, as I also thought it was a little steep (especially considering I'm a student) and because I plan to modify it to be somewhat functional like the Hacksmith did, but I have ideas to conceal it more, and keep it more accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, so, now the Umbrella has come in, and the tie and the glasses are on their way. However I was wondering if anyone knows of a 3d print file for the shotgun barrel on the pistol, or the lighter? I ordered the spring airsoft tt33, but the lighters keep going far out of my price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back