Bandai 1/48 X-Wing

Alaneye

Sr Member
It's been a while since I did any sculpting or kit building. Thought I'd try this X-Wing I'd built but not painted. Weathering is not something I'd ever done before. I might go in with some very specific details later (inspired by people in here), but anyway, here's a couple of quick camera phone pics.

Al4ais.jpg

t2kGlh.jpg

Thanks for the measurement! Now I can see if one of these will fit in my display cabinet.
Does anyone know if Bandai is going to release a 1/48 Y-Wing?

Thanks for the measurement! Now I can see if one of these will fit in my display cabinet.
Does anyone know if Bandai is going to release a 1/48 Y-Wing?
Not likely but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Try their 1/72 Y-Wing, you won't be sorry. One of the best kits I've ever built.

Why would you say not likely?
They have released the 1/48 AT-ST and Snowspeeder, both of which would have less demand than a 1/48 Y-Wing imo.

There should be plenty of room for a large Y-Wing in the 1:48 X-Wing box, even if they decide to make a lighted version.

Bandai is doing a great job with this License- they have already released a huge number of kits so far. I too have a wish list for further releases but I can wait- I have a good number of their kits still unbuilt...

That's a great looking X-wing Alaneye, good job.
The only thing I dislike about the Bandai 1/48 is the stand. It needs a side to side pivot for banking poses. That and it's ugly as sin.

The only thing I dislike about the Bandai 1/48 is the stand. It needs a side to side pivot for banking poses. That and it's ugly as sin.
Agreed on the stand, that's one reason I went Fine Molds (Revel rebox) for my 1/48 X-Wing.

The Fine Molds stand itself is a little unique, sorta like a scaffolding but looks good on display me.

Thanks. Yeah, it's a pity you can't bank it, but other than that I don't mind it... I don't look at the stand when I'm looking at the model.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back