Fine Molds 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Awesome build Alan! I've subscribed to your thread. I haven't built a model in years, and I decided to get back into it because of this and and several other forums. I have this kit and it's been sitting in my garage since I bought it quite sometime ago. I've been doing research looking at lots of pics on the Internet and Lorne Petersons book. I'll definitely be adding some additional detailing to my model as my newbie skills permit. Mine will never be accurate to any of the filming miniatures, but that doesn't really matter to me. It will still be the millennium Falcon. I just want to add some additional visual interest to my model. There are plenty of aftermarket parts that can help in that respect along with some bits and pieces of styrene, tubing and whatnot.

Great job Alan. Keep up the excellent work! Looking forward to your progress.

Has there been any progress since the work on the jaw boxes. This build actually inspired me to by the FM 1/72 Falcon so i could built it.

Hi Supercoolin, the build stalled because I wanted to light the Falcon, but didn't really know how to do it. I hope to pick it up again soon. I've been buying the new Bandai Star Wars kits so feeling a bit more like getting back to it.

I remember following this thread :) you were doing some really great work

I've had so many builds stall at the lighting stage.

Even my 1/72 Falcon. It sat for 2 to 3 years. I wanted to set it up to be lit in landing or flight configuration as well as modding it to make the landing gear removable, the landing ramp etc..

I finally just decided enough was enough and put in the Madman Lighting kit. I skipped all the fancy stuff and just lit the engines, cockpit and "head-lights" and then bang, it was done in less than a week and now I've got something cool to look at on my desk :)
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=250163

Blakeh, yeah, I'm feeling a bit like that... I can probably put in some basic lighting for the cockpit and the landing gear... I don't have the clear engine nozzles and you don't seem to be able to get them anymore so I can't really light the engines anyway. Yours looks really great.

Good sir, this is an amazing build...you have just inspired me to purchase this kit! I had one this scale many years ago, but in an act of haste I gave it away and have regretted it ever since. Your build progress has given me hope that I can build another one and have it look even better this time around. Thank you for your amazing pictures and detailed progress updates. Kudos to you good sir...

Blakeh, yeah, I'm feeling a bit like that... I can probably put in some basic lighting for the cockpit and the landing gear... I don't have the clear engine nozzles and you don't seem to be able to get them anymore so I can't really light the engines anyway. Yours looks really great.

I think the easiest way to light the engines is to get on if those pre-wired LED strips like this

http://www.creativelightings.com/LE...12WP-12V.htm?gclid=CODHtNvUhsoCFcEWHwod5eICbA

leave out the engine nozzles and just put a paper thin piece of styrene there and the grill overtop.

The studio model itself just had a white strip there anyway

I used the lights from the madman kit, but for future falcons I'll just do it that way since I really don't need the engine flickering fx

Well, I didn't actually do anything with the Falcon back in Jan, but I've just noticed that the nose cone is missing and I can't find it anywhere. I found one at Shapeways but don't know if it fits the Finemolds version. I've emailed the modeller asking the question. Is there anywhere else I can get a Finemolds nose cone

Well, I didn't actually do anything with the Falcon back in Jan, but I've just noticed that the nose cone is missing and I can't find it anywhere. I found one at Shapeways but don't know if it fits the Finemolds version. I've emailed the modeller asking the question. Is there anywhere else I can get a Finemolds nose cone

Great to hear you are getting back to this one Alaneye,....I think HaystackHair might have one for the FM......I know he corrected its length for a commission job

J

Alaneye, I ordered a set of the Frosted Extreme finish plastic engine nozzles from Tony RR @ Shapways and painted them with clear white and clear blue for excellent results for the proper look of the working engines.

FM 1/72 Nozzles

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back