Painting my Terminator 1 bust.

great painting skills you got there.amazing!

Thanks, hopefully I will improve with each paint job.

Simply awesome. This has been great to see from the beginning to the end. You take great photos as well - thank you for sharing!

Glad you enjoyed it. I think the quality of photos are more to do with my son's expensive camera than my photographic skills :)

This is a must have for any Terminator fan!

You'd think so, eh? ;)

An absolute joy of a thread!

So much detail and info, and the end result is nothing short of astonishing!

Brilliant!!

Rich

Thank you, Rich :)

Looks great! It's a fantastic sculpt and your paintup is top notch too.

Thanks, man, appreciate it!

Looks great. I'm going to have to remember that sculpty masking trick.

Cheers, Wes.

You are way too modest Alan, this is amazing work!

Thanks, Steve, you are very kind, but I need to know how you guys do it lol the red I see in your silicone Ripley evades me as does the application. I'm looking forward to finishing my Kyle then I can try a 'normal' skin paint job.

Al

Last edited:
looks good but can make it better if you break up the colors more for morenatural look with an air brush some color washes an a tooth brush to do spaceling

Thank you, so much, for the step-by-step guide. The sculpt is amazing and now we can all do it justice!

The dull cote/pastel interaction phenomenon is well- known and seems to vary by brand and even by color. Some shades darken a little and some, as you noted, almost disappear. I have had really good luck with the Prismacolor brand of pastels.
Thanks, again and here is another beg for a Linda Hamilton/Sarah Connor companion piece for Kyle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks good but can make it better if you break up the colors more for morenatural look with an air brush some color washes an a tooth brush to do spaceling

You are right of course and I am still learning. I have tried the spattering technique before without much success, but will keep trying.

Wow very impressive !!!!! Wish paint you use to simulate the blood ?

The guide does tell you what colours I used... blood was Tamiya Red and Tamiya Clear red.

Nice terminator

Thank you, so much, for the step-by-step guide. The sculpt is amazing and now we can all do it justice!

The dull cote/pastel interaction phenomenon is well- known and seems to vary by brand and even by color. Some shades darken a little and some, as you noted, almost disappear. I have had really good luck with the Prismacolor brand of pastels.
Thanks, again and here is another beg for a Linda Hamilton/Sarah Connor companion piece for Kyle!

Thanks. I've not done any sculpting for over a year now. If I did a Sarah it would likely be a T2 Sarah as I don't find the T1 Sarah very interesting.

Amen, brother! That T-2, Sarah Connor-bound clay is calling to you: "Alaneye, Alaneye…"[emoji6]

well blood color is subject to what it is if real dry red brown hot blood almost a primary red most is red with a little blue tint to it it u want something to look deep plum color is best never black remember in skin tone there is yellows reds oranges n browns in are skin skin about 98% opaque here a makeup i did with just alcohol small brush n tooth brush you can also get a Spackle fx with a single action airbrush IMG_0141.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back