Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Annisse
The electronics are not well made and failure is inevitable.

Awwww really :/ I was excited to find the tiny inverters like the one I got from Mark's kit. Any other place you know online that sells reliable tiny inverters to power the NIKE logos like the ones on that site?

Those tiny inverters are powered by a 12V battery, I was looking for the inverter in Mark's kit that is powered by the 3V battery that his comes with.

Last edited:
I have tiny inverters that run off 3V. I was referring to the original wiring in the shoes. It is just crap and will break at some point.

I have tiny inverters that run off 3V. I was referring to the original wiring in the shoes. It is just crap and will break at some point.

Oh I see OK. Well for 100 bucks if it happens then I will deal with it when it comes. I take it the V2's electronics are better? I hope HAHA

Oh I see OK. Well for 100 bucks if it happens then I will deal with it when it comes. I take it the V2's electronics are better? I hope HAHA
the hc internals are actually better than the v2s but that doesnt mean theyre any good lol if you want any mags to look good/last you need to upgrade your electronics

It seems to help to cut some foam off. How would you guys go about re-gluing the pieces of fabric back together without it bleeding through?

I've removed about a half inch of foam and I think it probably needs a little more off.

Has anybody else had an issue where the glue on the toe just WON'T separate at all? I've been going at this thing with a butter knife and a hair dryer for way too long and made no progress whatsoever.

No they are even worse. Mine stopped working just three days after un-boxing and the wires actually broke off at the charge ports on both shoes.

It seems to help to cut some foam off. How would you guys go about re-gluing the pieces of fabric back together without it bleeding through?

I've removed about a half inch of foam and I think it probably needs a little more off.

Super glue will come through. What about spray adhesives? Does the two layers need to be bonded or could you not just glue the edges where it attaches to the shoes?
@glasses, how did you do yours? airair, do you glue your fabric together at this stage?

Has anybody else had an issue where the glue on the toe just WON'T separate at all? I've been going at this thing with a butter knife and a hair dryer for way too long and made no progress whatsoever.

Some parts almost fall apart, others seem to be stuck good. My heels came away alarmingly easy. The toes don't seem to want to let go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have any tips for at least getting them started if there are no weak spots in the glue? Wobbling the butter knife around at the seam while I hit it with a hair dryer is having no effect.

Absolutely. That would be me.

Try a flat screwdriver instead, and seriously, take your time. Your hand will get blisters otherwise and you may rip the fabric.

- - - Updated - - -

No they are even worse. Mine stopped working just three days after un-boxing and the wires actually broke off at the charge ports on both shoes.

Super glue will come through. What about spray adhesives? Does the two layers need to be bonded or could you not just glue the edges where it attaches to the shoes?
@glasses, how did you do yours? @airair, do you glue your fabric together at this stage?

Some parts almost fall apart, others seem to be stuck good. My heels came away alarmingly easy. The toes don't seem to want to let go.

I think the lower fabric layer will sag unless I glue it together. Honestly though, I have no idea what I'm doing. This is the scariest prop mod I've ever done. :D I'm really trying to take my time now because I see how easy it is to tempt fate.

For the sock toe on my hc mags I pulled out the toe cap and all of the foam so all I had was th top grey fabric nothing else I then used lock tite and super glue to attach the fabric to the rubber sole

I think the lower fabric layer will sag unless I glue it together. Honestly though, I have no idea what I'm doing. This is the scariest prop mod I've ever done. :D I'm really trying to take my time now because I see how easy it is to tempt fate.

For the sock toe on my hc mags I pulled out the toe cap and all of the foam so all I had was th top grey fabric nothing else I then used lock tite and super glue to attach the fabric to the rubber sole

So for clarity glasses, did you remove the bottom layer of fabric?

Here's what mine looks like.

20150322_195844.jpg

BTTFSpencer, so with that, I would remove all the foam and take out the possibly the base layer of fabric leaving the grey. How handy are you with a needle and thread? Because I would give that edge a quick stitch so hold it all in place, then glue.

I've never stitched anything. :D

I agree, I'm going to basically give this the Rosherun treatment. That's a popular shoe made by Nike that is basically a sock toe running shoe/turned casual shoe, damn comfortable too.

I agree, I'm going to basically give this the Rosherun treatment. That's a popular shoe made by Nike that is basically a sock toe running shoe/turned casual shoe, damn comfortable too.

Never too late to learn. No-one sees it because it is glued into the mid-sole. i am just thinking it might be a good way to keep it all together.

That's exactly what I did on my hc mags I've even bright up roshe runs before in this thread lol

I think removing everything but the top layer is the way to go, so that it will become less rigid and easier to stretch.

I will probably have to start my gluing from the middle and work my way left and right to glue those in, for optimum stretch. The sides are all good, it's the very end that has been giving me grief with its inability to stretch. It should be ok now I think after doing these mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back