ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Something about the Anovos TK helmets have always looked weird to me. Perhaps it's because the detailing is just too crisp for my taste.

So I went to order the new TLJ FO Stormtrooper helmet over the weekend. Once I was ready to check out, I entered my shipping info and nearly fell off my chair when the cheapest option came up as $95 through USPS priority. The next level was UPS ground at $115 (which would take 6 weeks to arrive). Granted, I live in Hawaii but the shipping on my TFA Stormtrooper lid was $35 through FedEx and my entire OT Stormtrooper ensemble was $72. I got on the Anovos chat and they had no explanation. As someone who ships stuff here on a weekly basis I know shipping like the back of my hand. USPS is always the cheapest option. I told Anovos there had to be some sort of error on their end as far as calculating but it didn't seem to be worth investigating on their end. They offered a discount but it wouldn't come close to covering the relative cost. It's a shame. I've made 6 orders with them and they didn't seem to have any desire to even take a look at the issue. I won't be ordering this or anything else from them until they at least make an effort to look into this.

I just went to USPS and priced a box from me (Tulsa, OK) to Hawaii. Box i guessed at 6lbs and 18x18x18

Prices were:

Priority Mail Express 2-day: 67
Priority Mail 3-day: 83
Retail ground: 57

I'd imagine they get some sort of discount, but no idea what. If that box is bigger or heavier, the price would be more, no? Maybe I under-estimated.

So, 95 seems high, but doesn't seem outrageously high compared to the above.

The older stuff (which includes the trooper and snow kits) have been suffering delays. the new stuff has been coming pretty quick.

Their seasons, as far as shipping, literally correspond to the season of the year as in Summer is June 21 - Sep 20 (give or take a day or two) for example. I got an email last week on a FO trooper helmet saying it's still on schedule for Summer 2017 (which has like 11 days left), so we'll see how that turns out.

In the grand scheme, they're at the mercy of their vendors and their orders aren't close to be on the large side so they're more apt to being bumped around i'd imagine. Plus, you're at the mercy of those vender's abilities, and then the QC of LFL and Disney.

This makes me laugh. "Suffering Delays" They swore up and down the Snow Troopers would be delivered by Q2 2017. We're now in Q4, (Q1 for many companies whose fiscal years starts in October!). So glad I cancelled and got my money back. Just too bad I didn't charge them interest for my investment in their scam for near 3 years. I feel bad for anyone still holding on to preorders of this costume. The only thing they care about now is pumping out helmets.

Well, my luck with Anovos helmets hit an end. After getting a few with no damage my Poe arrived today and I've got to send it back.
One of the ears wasn't glued down and was falling off, it has a large scratch on the side and the foam packaging damaged the paint on the top. Anovos QC must have been phoning it in the day this one was built. Here's hoping my Phasma doesn't have any issues when it arrives next week.
Image-2.jpegImage.jpegImage-1.jpeg

Well, my luck with Anovos helmets hit an end. After getting a few with no damage my Poe arrived today and I've got to send it back.
One of the ears wasn't glued down and was falling off, it has a large scratch on the side and the foam packaging damaged the paint on the top. Anovos QC must have been phoning it in the day this one was built. Here's hoping my Phasma doesn't have any issues when it arrives next week.
View attachment 776528View attachment 776526View attachment 776527

looks like it was dropped, sorry to see that and the headache involved with returning. Hope you get a good Phasma and quick replacement on Poe.

looks like it was dropped, sorry to see that and the headache involved with returning. Hope you get a good Phasma and quick replacement on Poe.
Thanks. The seller on Ebay has been really easy to work with fortunately. He's inspecting the replacement before it ships and paying for the return shipping so all-in-all it's just a waiting game for the new one at this point.

Anovos gets a huge discount on shipping, don’t kid yourselves. They’re charging the retail, ups store kind of prices and getting a discount of 60% or more on it. Even as an eBay seller I get a phenomenal discount so I’d imagine they get a least that on their shipping. They simply pocket the rest in addition to their handling fee. There are other retailers that have pre-orders up for all the Anovos helmets that are much more fair than the manufacturer themselves. I hate to say it, but preordering anything from them is like throwing your money in a pit because even if you cancel it’s like pulling teeth to get it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anovos gets a huge discount on shipping, don’t kid yourselves. They’re charging the retail, ups store kind of prices and getting a discount of 60% or more on it. Even as an eBay seller I get a phenomenal discount so I’d imagine they get a least that on their shipping. They simply pocket the rest in addition to their handling fee. There are other retailers that have pre-orders up for all the Anovos helmets that are much more fair than the manufacturer themselves. I hate to say it, but preordering anything from them is like throwing your money in a pit because even if you cancel it’s like pulling teeth to get it back

I don't think it is unusual to be able to get products from vendors cheaper than the manufacturer. Kotobukiya is like that now. I believe Master Replicas was the same.

I guess the thinking is they don't want to undercut what vendors can sell the product for so more vendors will offer the product.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Hi, anyone here order a Anovos imperial officer cap? Any predicted shipments? Also anyone maybe wanna sell me one??? Thanks. Hans

I know people way back posted about receiving some. Nothing recently. I do think some people had an issue with the number of lines on it so you may want to research if it will be acceptable to you.

I don't think it is unusual to be able to get products from vendors cheaper than the manufacturer. Kotobukiya is like that now. I believe Master Replicas was the same.

I guess the thinking is they don't want to undercut what vendors can sell the product for so more vendors will offer the product.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

True BUT the sales price is actually in this case the $224 regular price retail. Actually over the weekend even with their sale, Anovos’ total cost was still higher because of the handling fee and shipping.

This makes me laugh. "Suffering Delays" They swore up and down the Snow Troopers would be delivered by Q2 2017. We're now in Q4, (Q1 for many companies whose fiscal years starts in October!). So glad I cancelled and got my money back. Just too bad I didn't charge them interest for my investment in their scam for near 3 years. I feel bad for anyone still holding on to preorders of this costume. The only thing they care about now is pumping out helmets.

Actually we're still in Q3 until 12/22. Their quarters are based directly on the seasons, not anything financial.

Anovos is saying delivery by the 22nd for FOTK standard kits so... I'm guessing that means another delay.

I hope I get this thing before Episode IX, at this point.

View attachment 776528View attachment 776526View attachment 776527

Yikes dude! That has got to burn after the wait and money spent. :cry

Anovos is saying delivery by the 22nd for FOTK standard kits so... I'm guessing that means another delay.

I hope I get this thing before Episode IX, at this point.

Where did you get this info from? And did you mean 22nd Dec? Cos Nov is gone.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back