The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes Stunt lightsaber.

that depends, which 2.

Raiders (of course) and TOD.

Last Crusade isn't terrible, but it's a beat for beat copy of Raiders in so many ways that it doesn't quite hold up for me. Without Connery it would have felt hollow.

1 Highlander
2 Jaws
1 Ghostbusters
2 Godfathers
2 Terminators
2 Aliens
1 Predator

BTTF... that's a hard one. I like 2 and 3, but they don't stand as modern classics next to the perfection of the original. Similarly, those odd numbered early Trek films are lacking, but TFF is the only one that should be ignored.

And here's a SUPER controversial one...

There's only TWO Indy films... **ducks**

How did I forget The God Father? , yes GF 3 was a reach

BTTF to me where cliff hangers so I could see all 3

- - - Updated - - -

where the hell did this thread go :darnkids

I guess that just shows how redundant the graflex has become, where we easily fell off topic.

It's my fault, seeing how I brought up lukes new saber. Sorry:rolleyes

I suspect Luke may have "transcended" the lightsaber in this one

Oh I have a very strong suspicion that they may be having Mark play Luke as a slight variation on "Crazy Old Ben Gunn" stranded on the island....

https://youtu.be/ssgPozzTg30

https://youtu.be/Alayd_lm3Zk

It may explain a lot regarding why Mark has stated he was somewhat shocked with where they were taking the character.

That's my baseless, and really pointless, speculation. I love it!

Last edited:
There can only be one.

Is it just me, or is the stunt saber so completely uninteresting that it can't support a thread of it's own (hence the current diversion of discussion)?

Gonna derail this thread some more while I'm here:

Has anyone ever done a custom Highlander inspired lightsaber? Like Connor or Duncan's dragon katana but as a lightsaber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol I wish they would've left Highlander alone, there can be only one, oh wait, there is another one, and another, and a whole lot of them.............

the last movie that I know of, from the screen caps I saw, Duncan was using nunchakus........

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna derail this thread some more while I'm here:

Has anyone ever done a custom Highlander inspired lightsaber? Like Connor or Duncan's dragon katana but as a lightsaber?

I saw one a long time ago that is based on Connor's (I think) but to me, it did not look that great. I built a custom MHS hilt a few years ago that is somewhat inspired by both Connor's and Duncan's but is tsubaless and as far as I know, was never finished by the other people that were supposed to collaborate on it. The owner still won't let me post pictures of it. I plan on making a really nice version based off Connor's someday. I have an H1 brass tsuba already with a 1.25" dia. hole in the center as well as oval tubing for the handle but I just can't seem to get motivated enough to make the darn thing, lol.

the last movie that I know of, from the screen caps I saw, Duncan was using nunchakus........

Not nunchakus, he was using two big knives.
3eac6c4640a4ea05c82f0018d5ca0ef6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thx Cam, I thought I saw nunchakus, but these knvies are equally as bad, looks like something out of one of those 70s/80s kung fu movies..........

I am confident you will at the very least see Luke's hero in TLJ. Maybe in a box with other things he 'doesn't touch anymore'.

That being said, I feel like Luke HAS to fight with a lightsaber at some point in the movie. Think about it.

Lucasfilm has to top the Rogue One Vader scene, don't they?

If Luke is pushed to the point of having to resort back to his old lightsaber, I think that would top it for sure.

Maybe even use the Graflex, who knows

I am confident you will at the very least see Luke's hero in TLJ. Maybe in a box with other things he 'doesn't touch anymore'.

That being said, I feel like Luke HAS to fight with a lightsaber at some point in the movie. Think about it.

If Luke is pushed to the point of having to resort back to his old lightsaber, I think that would top it for sure.

DO they have to top that though? There's one mind set that wants the exploitation and fan service-- and part of me wants it. But I also like the idea of going convince convention and doing something that implies more power, more control, more subtlety.

The rematch between Maul and Obi-Wan in the last season of Rebels is a great example of this.

I am not so sure if we will see the old ROTJ lightsaber, so far, none of the TLJ toys shows Luke with a lightsaber.........

OTOH didn't one of the TLJ poster for some overseas market shows Luke holding the Graflex?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back