Game of Thrones

The preview for the next episode showed her just outside of Winterfell. It seems like she's definitely going home, if only for a little while. Its my belief she will not stay. Thats what the scene with Nymeria was foreshadowing.

So I am guessing Sam's punishment of copying the scrolls will lead to some important discovery on his part.

I wonder if the maester intentionally hand picked those for him, or if they really just happened to be random ones

Totally agree. The Arch Maester can't "reward" Sam's actions, and he also can't break the rules and let him into the restricted area. But perhaps he can bring restricted materials to him as "punishment".

Honestly, that scene reminded me of this:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am guessing Sam's punishment of copying the scrolls will lead to some important discovery on his part.

I wonder if the maester intentionally hand picked those for him, or if they really just happened to be random ones
I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps the scroll for how to make Valerian steel...?

So I have been tossing around ideas in my mind and one was that Jon can’t be burnt. However, I just remembered that in season one he threw a lantern at the white walker in the Lord Commander’s quarters. I re-watched the scene and he yells when he grabs the lantern so I guess he can be burnt or at least feel the pain of something hot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2TlSM-2SyI

The preview for the next episode showed her just outside of Winterfell. It seems like she's definitely going home, if only for a little while. Its my belief she will not stay. Thats what the scene with Nymeria was foreshadowing.
Nymeria was also leading a pack though. Who knows, maybe Arya will be the last stark. Im late to this thread, because I just got caught up last night, but is anyone else annoyed with Bran? I get he is the 3 eyed raven now, but man. I cant stand looking at his face and how stoic he is.

Nymeria was also leading a pack though. Who knows, maybe Arya will be the last stark. Im late to this thread, because I just got caught up last night, but is anyone else annoyed with Bran? I get he is the 3 eyed raven now, but man. I cant stand looking at his face and how stoic he is.

Seems like Sansa couldn't either

So I have been tossing around ideas in my mind and one was that Jon can’t be burnt. However, I just remembered that in season one he threw a lantern at the white walker in the Lord Commander’s quarters. I re-watched the scene and he yells when he grabs the lantern so I guess he can be burnt or at least feel the pain of something hot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2TlSM-2SyI

He can be burnt. He has some recurring pain/problems with his hand due to the burns he got from it (at least in the books)

Although I seem to remember some kind of internal dialog in the book where Jon felt strangely drawn to or comforted by the fire when he was holding it. So much that it seemed an odd thing at the time to mention

Also, Targaryens are not necessarily immune to fire. Aegon died in a fire at Summer Hall, Aerion died from "wild fire". And of course Viseryon died to molten gold.

Even Dany the "unburnt" suffered some burns from her dragon's fire (at least in the books).

So I don't think it is not necessarily a pre-requisite to be immune to fire in order to be a Targaryen. If anything, it might just be a red-herring

blakeh1, thank you for your insight. I started the books but stopped because I did not want to spoil the HBO series. I plan on reading all of them once the series ends.

I guess where I was going with this idea was that Dany who seems to be "intrigued" with Jon now, will become more drawn to him once she knows his true origins and I figured that could be exposed by him being exposed to fire either by her or another cause in her presence.

8c7eab04d8585e353a52d8f1bd1c73ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember rightly from the books, Bran's abilities (at least at first) are kind of tied into the weirwood trees. He sees what they see. Since the wedding was held in Winterfell's godswood, he was able to see it.

Totally agree. The Arch Maester can't "reward" Sam's actions, and he also can't break the rules and let him into the restricted area. But perhaps he can bring restricted materials to him as "punishment".

I don't know, Archmaester Ebrose could have given Sam a vial of Felix Felicis, nobody would have been the wiser.

Absolutely amazing episode. Too bad it was so damn short. As awesome as the battle was, I think I liked the scene with Arya and Brienne the most. Also cant believe how they just casually dropped the Golden Company in there like that. If they do indeed bring them in, I wonder if their backstory will come up. They were founded by a Targaryen ******* and were also part of some rebellions against the Targaryens.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back