STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

cboath and let's not forget that new Force users are being born everyday. The Emperor wanted to wipe out Jedi but there is no way to stop people from being born force sensitive and learning to use their abilities to some level.

Last edited by a moderator:
This week's Star Wars Show has a brief clip from S3 of Rebels and it looks pretty cool.
No Kanan or Hera in this clip but everybody else from the Ghost was in it. The most notable thing is that Ezra got a haircut, he no longer looks like Aladdin, and surprisingly, for an animated show, he got a new outfit as well. He's also, at least in this episode, now using a proper blaster, he's not using that funky blaster-sabre hybrid that he's had in the past two seasons and he's sporting a proper, green bladed, lightsaber now as well.

https://youtu.be/Qe3LSQiMJUk?t=3m38s

Looks like he no longer stuns people, the fact that he kills without hesitation and his hair is much shorter is still pointing me towards the Ezra is Snoke camp.

That's a cool and dangerous idea. I mean trying to combine a multi billion dollar movie series in with a kids show on their network. Do you really think an executive would put their neck on the line like that? I mean since the vast majority that see the movie don't watch the show.

I would have been shocked if they did not update Ezra and age him a bit. They did it with Ahsoka in Clone Wars. I think that you will see a lot of people starting to like him more as a character.

Last edited:
wow! im a little late but this is going to be a awesome season! I KNEW!! ezra was going to have a green saber! that photo of rex a couple of months ago had a green saber in the back ground

at first i was looking at his belt and saw something on his backside like kanan. i was looking to see if the saber was in 2 pieces and if kanan gave ezra his saber. looks like ezra constructed a new one, almost looks obi wan like.

i can not wait for this weekend, think we will get more??!

i love the idea of him aged up

Looks like he got about 2 years older, if not more. Learned loads more about being a jedi as well...not sure how this ends well for him at this point. Can't have someone like that just up and disappear after rebels ends.

Looks like he got about 2 years older, if not more. Learned loads more about being a jedi as well...not sure how this ends well for him at this point. Can't have someone like that just up and disappear after rebels ends.

my question is, has kanan been the only one training him, or has ahsoka come around?

Do you mean that Ahsoka wouldn't help? She disagreed with the Jedi, but I can't see that she would not contribute training or knowledge.

yeah i wonder if she has helped train ezra now that kanan is blind. maybe she's taken him into real world, while kanan stays back at base and now has a yoda role?

Do you mean that Ahsoka wouldn't help? She disagreed with the Jedi, but I can't see that she would not contribute training or knowledge.

yeah i wonder if she has helped train ezra now that kanan is blind. maybe she's taken him into real world, while kanan stays back at base and now has a yoda role?

I am going to go out on a limb and say not a lot of time has passed between season 2 and 3. I don't think you can use the new Ezra look as a guide. I don't believe Ahsoka's look change during Clone Wars represented a gap of time.

With that being said, I don't think you will see Ahsoka just back in the middle of the Rebels when Season 3 returns. I think her personal experiences with Vader has her traveling a new path, at least for now. She has to deal with a few things when and if she returns. I have no real info, just a feeling.

FYI: Here is the cover of the soon to be released young reader Ahsoka novel,

CreateThumbNail.aspx

the season 2 opener and the season 2 ender where one of the few episodes that i thought really could stand up to the legacy of the clone wars series. the one with zeb finding more of his people i also liked. as well as the ep with hera and the b wing.

this show really needs to step up it's danger game for me. it's too....simplistic to feel star wars yet.

the season 2 opener and the season 2 ender where one of the few episodes that i thought really could stand up to the legacy of the clone wars series. the one with zeb finding more of his people i also liked. as well as the ep with hera and the b wing.

this show really needs to step up it's danger game for me. it's too....simplistic to feel star wars yet.
I think that since they have seemed to age ezra a bit, the risks will also increase. So much of the risk was pulled back because they played him as a kid

I think that since they have seemed to age ezra a bit, the risks will also increase. So much of the risk was pulled back because they played him as a kid

I hope so...

they've got the atmosphere right (Despite the shiny alladin designs). I like the cast. I like the characters. I love sabine's art on everything...reminds me of me drawing all over everything.

But if ANYONE could simply destroy an entire star destroyer with a few well placed bombs, get in and out in under 2 minutes, the empire would be attacked left and right.
I know they simplify it because it's a disney kid show.. but still..

will give them this though... the decapitation of two imperial officers by an inquisitor shocked me..
it's amazing what we'll accept on a kids show these days, when back in my day, parents where down right protesting that leonardo used his katana to slice a light pole in half.

I thought his answer was 'i don't think so' - which isn't quite absolute. I thought it was also possibly intimated that she might show up in whatever the next series is. That all could be cloaked in a 'i'm not telling you squat' mantra as well. Only time will tell.

I will second the shock on the decapitation, even though it was left up to the imagination. If a kid doesn't know what that is, they could just presume his stabbed them in the body i suppose. I don't recall any furor over cutting a lightpost in the past, though. Maybe it was regional.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back