E-11 options in UK.

I'm much the same and want to build as a piece of living room eye candy. The appeal is having something weighty that is identical to the Sterling ones used :)

Deacs are completely legal to own for adults as they are unable to discharge a round. There are old and new specs but I wont get into that here.

A deac must have proof house stampings to show it has been correctly and legally deactivated and approved by the Birmingham or London proof houses. A certificate is also issued when it is deactivated.

Hi Guys. I have been heavily involved with deacs for 20 years in my other hobby (military vehicles/WW2 displays)

In the UK carrying deacs is not a problem so long as you are sensible and its in context, ie - part of an event or display and not waving them around in a silly manner. Also I recommend carrying a copy of the deac cert with the words COPY written on it just in case, we all do this at events and have never had a problem if challenged which is rare.

One thing is certain.....the prices will continue to rise, for this reason I just bought a deac Sterling for my build. It doesn't feel heavy at all to me but I understand carrying all day long can be tiresome, try carrying a Bren gun all day though that's heavy! :) Exciting times ahead. Great forum :D

View attachment 577052

ive got a mk4/l2a3 on layaway till the end of be month to either convert or just keep as is for the collection. And I want one before the horrific new EU wide minimum deac requirements comes in April!! Probably invest in a 1911 as well.

Good work Jon. I decided to convert a Sterling as they aren't super rare like some other deacs and new spec aren't mega bucks yet.
The proposed changes are EU nonsence and hopefully wont come to anything.
I cut down my mag yesterday, I'll do a build thread when I'm a bit further along track.

I have a Hengstler counter (not an 'eagle, but very close) & a Tank scope (not sure if its a M38 or M38a) if you're interested.

ive got a mk4/l2a3 on layaway till the end of be month to either convert or just keep as is for the collection. And I want one before the horrific new EU wide minimum deac requirements comes in April!! Probably invest in a 1911 as well.

I just read this: https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com/2016/01/02/new-eu-deactivation-spec-in-force-from-april/ and this http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-15-6110_en.htm INSANE :(:facepalm I'm sure the criminals will be sooo afraid :rolleyes by these stupid rules and will not find guns to shoot people anymore LOL:thumbsdown

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back