My Star Wars props showthread....

Got some vintage microflame torches that were used in Episode IV in today. I have another version on it's way complete with both tanks!
89a3a24e749a4fc750b052081bde345c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

My real parts Obi build is finally gaining momentum. I managed to score a male converted balance pipe and an AS cold handwheel within a week and have a grenade coming soon. The clamp and transistors are vintage and I have a bubble strip still in the calculator.
28a3b13dcf3b845f7a9b840501fb717d.jpg
72da4dea1b7fffcae280f5478f5e568b.jpg
e62e06902401c3b5f1c8721ccbfd1e9e.jpg
49eedff63d5b4162099d23e5c7d54331.jpg

Where the hell is everyone getting these balance pipes from?! [emoji846]

Well, it went something like this (I think). Veektor found an engine. He asked me for help identifying it. We asked marv for help importing and shipping. After all the distributions, I had two remaining small assemblies (male) from the engine that I had converted by Roman. Roman sold one to Michael Sherman. Nick bought the other from me. I helped Nick find a large assembly (female) so he sold his converted male to Michael Sherman. Michael now had two and sold one to James.

Long story short, the answer to the question for this round is Belgium and Singapore.

Well, it went something like this (I think). Veektor found an engine. He asked me for help identifying it. We asked marv for help importing and shipping. After all the distributions, I had two remaining small assemblies (male) from the engine that I had converted by Roman. Roman sold one to Michael Sherman. Nick bought the other from me. I helped Nick find a large assembly (female) so he sold his converted male to Michael Sherman. Michael now had two and sold one to James.

Long story short, the answer to the question for this round is Belgium and Singapore.
Exactly!

@Sym Cha ...this is the correct variant of the grenade for the ANH saber, right!?

Eventhough this grenade has very nice and sharp cubes, more accurate than mine, it's still the a-symmetric style grenade and with a slight straight cut on the first ring, whereas the original was symmetric and with a sharp edge on the first ring ... so to answer your inquiry ... no it's not the 100% correct variant, yet still good enough for an all vintage parts OB1 build lightsaber :)

Chaïm

Eventhough this grenade has very nice and sharp cubes, more accurate than mine, it's still the a-symmetric style grenade and with a slight straight cut on the first ring, whereas the original was symmetric and with a sharp edge on the first ring ... so to answer your inquiry ... no it's not the 100% correct variant, yet still good enough for an all vintage parts OB1 build lightsaber :)

Chaïm

Here's a better picture of what Chaim is talking about:

Gren 4.jpg

Still an absolutely gorgeous grenade and the one that I gravitated towards when I first saw it...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back