Goonies Props, One Eyed Willy ?

Here are a couple of photos of Willie at his treasure table I put together for a book signing.

Attachments

• WillieAtSigning.jpg
    WillieAtSigning.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 199
  • WillieAtSigning2.jpg
    WillieAtSigning2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 603
And if those coins and jewels are not glued down, every kid that walks in there will have their pockets full. :lol

And if those coins and jewels are not glued down, every kid that walks in there will have their pockets full. :lol

Absolutely! Kids were mesmerized by all the treasure and pretty much played with the props, jewels and coins. Fortunately, I had anticipated this and brought gold foil chocolate doubloons in a small treasure chest, which worked pretty well to divert their attention. Parents and their kids also loved to lift up Willie's eyepatch to recreate the Goonies scene. Here is a photo of a father and his son:

LiftingEyepatch.jpg

My take on One Eyed Willy:

In my version my skull is much more brown in person. Also the greens and pinks on the bandana are not showing up. Not sure what was happening in the photos whether it was the lighting, the camera, or the camera operator (me) at fault. It appears very washed out.

Comparison photo with a sticker from the sticker set.

gooniesmyoneeyedwilly7.jpg

Comparison photo with a card from the card set showing a pre-production version of Willy with a hat (not screen used).

gooniesmyoneeyedwilly6.jpg

Screen shots for comparison

goonieswillie1.jpg

goonieswillie4.jpg

Profile pictures

gooniesmyoneeyedwilly5.jpg

gooniesmyoneeyedwilly4.jpg

Screenshot for comparison.

goonieswillie3.jpg

I tried to get some shots with a candle as the light source. It didn't turn out too well.

gooniesmyoneeyedwilly3.jpg

gooniesmyoneeyedwilly2.jpg

gooniesmyoneeyedwilly1.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some work in progress pictures from my One Eyed Willy.

Raw skull model front

skullmodel1.jpg

Raw Skull Model profile

skullmodel2.jpg

Base coat dark and bone color coats applied. With the first couple of weathering coats.
Patch shape nearly finished.

skullpatch.jpg

Skull weathering, aging, and teeth removal finished still looking for a close enough fabric for the head scarf. Eye patch finished.

skullpatch2.jpg

Finished piece

oneeye5.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back