Roseanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laspector

Master Member
Anybody watch the new show? I caught the first two episodes last night and thought it was pretty good. I like how it referenced, yet put aside that last horrible season about winning the lottery and just moved on. The show seemed to pick up (minus that season) right where it left off, just decades later. Writing seemed pretty good, I actually laughed out loud a few times.

I loved the original show, I could definitely go for a few seasons of the new show.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Re: Roesanne

I watched it and liked it, however, I didn't quite feel the cast was back in the groove yet, and their lines seemed forced at times, but I am positive that will fade. Back in the day, they were on top of their game and they just played their lines back and forth so well.... but that was also from years of working together. Last night, it felt like they were just getting used to things again. I anticipate that it will just keep getting better and better each week.

Ya. The funny thing is Sarah Chalke has an energy and such great comedic timing that far over shadows the rest of the crew. She was great on Scrubs, and if the writing is halfway decent, she'll blow everyone away on Rosanne. Goodman will be the exception. He's just older now and his style is different.

Otherwise, it was watchable for sure. Though I don't know how I feel about being in their target audience age group. Dagnabit.

I wish they would stay out of the political subject matter. I felt like they really forced the show to have Jackie and Rosanne on two different opinionated sides. As I recall, the old show never really dabbled in politics as it didn't need that to keep an audience. To have to sit through it now, I keep thinking, "this is unnecessary". We get too much of the debating and fighting on social media and in the news.... I want to watch a show and have that as a get away from it all.

But then again.... This is a lower middle class family, and I guess the division is very present in real families, so if they are going for a real depiction of a blue collar American family, then this subject would definitely be part of the show.

Here and gone again. I just saw that the show is cancelled. I only caught the first episode and felt like it wasn't worth coming back in the first place.:unsure

Here and gone again. I just saw that the show is cancelled. I only caught the first episode and felt like it wasn't worth coming back in the first place.:unsure
That first episode was kinda' rough. The show got better over the course of the next eight episodes, but it still wasn't quite as good as it was at times during it's original run.

Rumor has it the show is now being shopped around, so it might show up again somewhere eventually.

I don't see a network dropping a show over that tweet alone. The comment does warrant a public apology but other TV shows/careers have survived through worse PR problems. They must have already been pretty uncomfortable about Rosanne Barr's politics when this happened.

She made an idiot comment she shouldn’t have, and the network distanced themselves from her and her show. Totally predictable response given today’s ultra, hyper sensitive climate. She should have known better. You can have whatever despicable thoughts in your head, but as soon as you let them out of your mouth there will be consequences. I’m sure her ex cast mates all would like to extend her a hearty thank you for costing them their jobs because she couldn’t keep her mouth shut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original was good for a few seasons in spite of Rosanne, not because of her. She drilled a hole in that show with her ego, looks like she did it again! It only took six weeks since my initial prediction that it would crash and burn.
The could revive it by giving Rosanne (character) the"Dan" treatment, get rid of her and keep it going! ;)

Was really enjoying this new revival, satisfied my 80's nostalgia itch.

Nice going Roseanne, i always trust her to shoot herself in the foot.

And now, for those who haven't heard the latest yet, Roseanne is blaming her completely inappropriate comments on the Ambien she allegedly took before posting those comments. :rolleyes

In a completely predictable response Sanofi, the company that makes Ambien, is calling B.S.. "While all phamaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication." However, in another completely predictable response a number of people who have used Ambien are calling B.S. on Sanofi's B.S., claiming side effects such as abnormal changes in thinking and behavior, and having done things under the effects of Ambien that they have no recollection of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back