Boba Fett Empire Strikes Back Build Thread

Re: Boba Fett (EMPIRE) Build Thread

I finally got my ee3 kit. Take note that there is a lot of clean up work to be done on these kits but after all the prep work and some good paint, the Webley & Scott no.1 mk1 flare gun portion should be able to pass off as looking realistic. Another thing to note is that the stock doesn't quite line up accurately with the beveled edge and the first screw hole. It works but it's not accurate. I will eventually be looking to get a new stock that has a more accurate beveled edge. I knew I would have to do some work with staining and sanding the stock in order to get the taste I wanted. I ended up using 3 different color stains with sanding and weathering in between coats and then topping it off with a semi gloss polyurethane clear coat. I'm pretty happy with the dynamic.

Webley & Scott no.1 mkI ee3 blaster.JPG

Finished up my first ESB EE-3 Blaster but I'm sure it will not be my last! This was actually really fun to assemble and paint. Might go back and look at some more reference pictures to see if there is anything I missed.

IMG_6555.JPG FullSizeRender (15).jpg Boba Fett ESB EE3 Blaster.JPG

I know that the piece inside the flash tube from the heiland isn't actually in the original but it looks so cool I had to incorporate it. I did want it pushed in a bit so that you really have do be looking for it to see it. I think it's a cool effect.

Last edited:

No, i will not repeat it over and over again...

No!

No, i won't...

Frak, can't help myself... i have to do it...
That looks fantastic again!

(I really consider to change my vocabulary to fettastic from now on!). :lol

No, i will not repeat it over and over again...

No!

No, i won't...

Frak, can't help myself... i have to do it...
That looks fantastic again!

(I really consider to change my vocabulary to fettastic from now on!). :lol

Haha that made me laugh! I use it in my vocabulary daily...maybe even hourly :lol

You have some amazing painting skills!

Thanks Brother Man! Have you sold that aluminum flamethrower yet?!?!

I did but Combatbaby will make you one at any time or you can hit up RKD for his version as well when you are ready to upgrade. They won't be going away any time soon, especially RKD.

Is the Webley brass or resin? Love the heiland piece in the flash tube. Money!

I did but Combatbaby will make you one at any time or you can hit up RKD for his version as well when you are ready to upgrade. They won't be going away any time soon, especially RKD.

Yeah RKD's looks like it's spot on to reference photo's but man is his pricey!!! $$$

Is the Webley brass or resin? Love the heiland piece in the flash tube. Money!

Webley is a hard resin casting of an actual webley no.1 mk1. Thanks! Yeah heiland is the closest thing to an MPP without custom fabricating one. I just wish it didn't say Heiland across the top.

Really nice job on the blaster. Looks perfect.

Thanks Matt, much appreciated ;)

I have a brass casting and frankly doesn't appear to look much different than yours. Your Blaster is painted better! Down side is the casting is too heavy.

I have a brass casting and frankly doesn't appear to look much different than yours. Your Blaster is painted better! Down side is the casting is too heavy.

Well that's the best compliment yet, that and just the fact that people are asking if it's a real Webley. Truth is I was looking at more references of real Webley & Scott no.1 mk1 pictures than I was the actual screen used blaster for my paint up. I really really want a brass casting of the Webley though. And yes from what I hear though they are ridiculously heavy. Do you have pictures of your brass casting?!?! Is it a Hand-Schaub or a Bookie?

Quite simply one of the best Fetts I've seen - great job!!! Is your servo rangefinder kit from JC?

Well thank you muchly! I'm almost there, I'm working on my sidearm and a few more bells and whistles including blinking RF LED's and yes that is Justins Rangefinder servo kit.

Sidearm Pulce 40 finished! I really wasn't too excited about painting this one just because there were only two primary base colors...but I forgot how fun the weathering process is :D

Boba Fett Pulce 40 Blaster.JPG Boba Fett Pulce 40 2.JPG Boba Fett ESB EE3 Pulce 40 Nemrod Holster.JPG Boba Fett Pulce 40 before and after.JPG

Man you have some serious skills. What other suits have you made? You're in central cal garrison right? Can't wait to see your suit in person some day.

Wow the EE3 looks AMAZING mate! Could you tell me where I can get a flash tube for it from please?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back