Hasbro now making Marvel props!

Just ordered mine at Walmart online with free shipping, even though I have a accurate 3D replica not much to loose at that price.

GFollano

Last edited:
Received my helmet today, first impression its oversized and paintjob has many flaws, dust/debris imbedded in paint , you can see on top of helmet were the airbrush first hits the paint which left a weird spot, not sure if its only on mine but my guess is that's were spray paint first hits helmet, I would have expected a much better paintjob, lots of mold lines visible everywere, to make matters worst electronics on mine doesn't even work, its definitely worth $99 but looks too toyish for me to display in my prop room, I'm returning this one :(

GFollano

Last edited:
I think I would probably do it the other way around. Make it look more like IronMan is looking over the shield as opposed to having his head chopped off by it ;)

I actually thought about doing it that way, but I didn't for two reasons.

1.) Because I thought that if the Helmet was too high up you'd be able to see too much of the wall-bracket underneath it holding it up, and that might detract from the look of it.

2.) And secondly because I thought that it might look a little bit more symmetrical if I placed it in a similar spot to where I had my Stormtrooper Helmet mounted on the opposite side of my T.V. Screen. :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Again, I am super pleased with both of these items for the money! :thumbsup

I really want them to produce a Star Lord helmet, though I'm not sure if it's cheaper to order a 3d printed version, or wait for a prop.

I really want them to produce a Star Lord helmet, though I'm not sure if it's cheaper to order a 3d printed version, or wait for a prop.

So do I! Hopefully with what Hasbro has access to, and seeing as their track record of higher-end products has been great so far, they can produce a nearly accurate version for a decent price. We can add some modifications and turn it into a beautiful replica. That is if they ever end up making them...

Here's hoping!

Got my helmet. It was discounted from Amazon Warehouse Deals for only $65. It had a few scuffs on the top, but they aren't that bad at all. I plan on weathering this helmet any way.

That is a fantastic deal! I know you plan on weathering it, but a ome Novus plastic polish will take those scuffs right out if you so desired. :)

Re: The Captain America shield - what method did people use to hang it on the wall? I've envisioned some sort of framework. Two wooden bars, with a clip or metal edge that will slot into the gap where the straps fir into. These will be screwed into a square frame. Its this square frame that I use to secure to the wall in more traditional ways.

But I wonder if I'm overthinking it. Should I just loop some metal picture wire through the strap gaps and hang it from that instead

shield hanger.jpg

Re: The Captain America shield - what method did people use to hang it on the wall? I've envisioned some sort of framework. Two wooden bars, with a clip or metal edge that will slot into the gap where the straps fir into. These will be screwed into a square frame. Its this square frame that I use to secure to the wall in more traditional ways.

But I wonder if I'm overthinking it. Should I just loop some metal picture wire through the strap gaps and hang it from that instead

View attachment 676332

I was just thinking about just sticking a dowel through the straps and hanging it on some regular hooks on the wall.

I agree, you're over thinking. I just threaded 20lb gauge hanging wire through the metal brackets and knotted them properly. Then nailed a 20lb hook in the wall and boom!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back