Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Did it! Dyed it! IT CAME OUT PERFECT! Kristenhenry70, I used the ratio you had posted almost 50 pages back when you dyed your viscose; I had to add a little more tan and quite a bit more taupe, but I did dye swatches first, and then dyed the rest of the fabric.

I have pics to post. Just have to figure out how to do it from my tablet.

So I realized this morning that this thread is officially a year old! (And at 100 pages. I like that symmetry). :D Happy Rey-versary everyone!

And to all of you who are making headway on your costume, it all looks fantastic! My costume is going on the backburner for the moment as I'm working on a potentially really big secret project. But I think kristenhenry70 has got things more than covered over here. ;) (So if I'm Thread Momma, I think that makes you Thread Aunt, Kristen).

Did it! Dyed it! IT CAME OUT PERFECT! Kristenhenry70, I used the ratio you had posted almost 50 pages back when you dyed your viscose; I had to add a little more tan and quite a bit more taupe, but I did dye swatches first, and then dyed the rest of the fabric.

I have pics to post. Just have to figure out how to do it from my tablet.

that's awesome!

Yes... I did the exact same as you... I started out with that ratio, but then kept adding tan and taupe till I nailed it.

Good show! Glad it turned out for you. :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

I like it. :p

Thread Auntie.

ooOOoo... secret project, you say? I'll be on pins and needles till you are able to reveal it.

After all your guys help she has a bag.

The eBay palazzo pants showed up also and they're pretty good. Better then nothing and they're silk like lol. I doubt they're real silk but they look the part.

72431f5a0c93ab5f593eadd67e94680c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to find the pattern for the black leather parts that go around the staff that you then clip the enfield sling strap onto.
Can anyone point me to the post, I've been skimming through the thread for an hour and can't seem to see it.
Thanks!

Hear hear! To Kristen! I may have started the thread, but she's the real power behind it. Her research and dedication both to her costume and helping others with theirs (including me!) is astounding. Cheers kristenhenry70! <3

well thank you, Thread Momma....

There are a TON of die-hard researchers on here though. I am but one of a multitude, and by far not even the most steadfast.

The important thing is that we all keep working together...that's what makes us so strong!

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the rug you used Kristen?

Or was there one closer?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160417/3e10b91337d119634254ef08394b408e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes...! The very one. :D

- - - Updated - - -

HI everyone
This weekend the LuxCon took place in Luxembourg.
Thanks to all your help I got my costume finished in time!
I had lots of fun and guess what?! I met another long lurking member of this forum there :))
We had lots of pictures taken and one of them got published in the newspaper ;-)))
View attachment 616047View attachment 616048View attachment 616049

Looks fantastic! You've used all the right fabrics. :thumbsup

Now we just need to sort you out a backpack and you'll be 100% Scavenger. :)

I'm trying to find the pattern for the black leather parts that go around the staff that you then clip the enfield sling strap onto.
Can anyone point me to the post, I've been skimming through the thread for an hour and can't seem to see it.
Thanks!

here it is:

lance attachments.jpeg

We owe DIVISION6 a HUGE thank you for this, as he was the first to offer this up. Also, some of us would not have our beloved Po-Zu boots were it not for him, among other discoveries. So as we are of a mind to recognize the stalwarts of this thread, just don't let's forget Division6! He may not be so active here any longer, but we'd none of us have gotten so far without his help...most of all ME.

We owe DIVISION6 a HUGE thank you for this, as he was the first to offer this up.
yes, both Division6 and Kristen have been very helpful. I recently used the division6 belt pattern and it made things go much smoother making that piece.

Yes, I used the petzel ones and modified them

Kristen - do you still have your old petzel gloves up for grabs?

We are slowing getting closer to having a full scavenger version. I got the dharma fabric washed, and a pattern laid out for the head wrap, now I need to borrow a sewing machine! Decided to redo the wrap dress, after watching TFA a dozen times, I think it's just too dark.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back