Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

$88.00 at Walmart. Didnt have the cash but it was cool to see.

30076751_351480195373287_8122867584438632448_n.jpg

I will try to post some. I haven't posed pics here in years.
It doesn't looks too bad with my EFX pcr dome. The face isn't small as much as the neck is short.
Also a pic of my pcr special edition which I love. I've had a lot of vader helmets including jb, vader maker..don post ca and many others and this one is perfect for my needs.
I enjoy the black series as well and hoped to start painting the gun metal today , but mother nature sent another cold blast so I will wait until the temps warm up a bit.
0416181433a.jpg0416181434a.jpg

Attachments

• 0416181444a.jpg
    0416181444a.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Mine is still in its box. Gotta make room for it first, plus I feel like a bit of silver rub n buff could really make the interior lower jaw look better. Maybe a dark wash to bring out the texture and the highlights with rub n buff.

Anyhow, I look forward to seeing everyone’s mods and how they’re displaying them.

This is my plan.

As others have said, there's issues all over with it, but I can live with them and still think it's worth the price. The weakest point IMO is the details in the jaw, there's a lot going on in there for it to be done as a single piece, but that's part of the compromise.
It's going to take a bit more time and work than I was expecting, but detailing in there will improve the reveal part of the helmet (which if displayed in a reveal manner, will take attention away from some of the inaccuracies).

I have a fat head so there is no way I'm wearing the full helmet, but the neck piece alone is just big enough for me. However, my fear is that if I wear it as a costume, my sweat will wash off the interior paint over time. Also, this is much heavier than I was expecting; I can't see a kid wearing this for long.

Overall, though, a fun piece. The sounds are nice and loud, and the reveal detailing is pretty great at this price point. Sure, the dome and neck could have been a LOT more accurate, but I'm not sorry I bought it.

Got mine yesterday, some initial impressions:
- Overall size and display impressive.
- Design of reveal with magnets to hold together extremely well done
- Helmet is thin but only noticeable upon closer inspection
- Face sculpt is so-so and upon inspection the proportions are off compared to non-symmetrical OT screen masks. 97% of people won't care.
- I have a big head and can't really fit into it. That's OK, I bought it for display.
-Haven't tried electronics yet

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

...I'm still waiting for someone to explain how they love the idealized BS Vader helmet with it's mean angry scowl... ;)

I don't think there's anyone that will say that they "love" this mask over what's true to screen. Rather it was arguments against those that were bitching about how disappointed that this toy for it's $100 price point and features and that's meant for the mass market wasn't up to their expectations because it didn't look like a Vader helmet that came straight off the screen in all of its giant-sized domed asymmetric glory...

That said, I for one am really looking forward to picking one of these up....

I don't think there's anyone that will say that they "love" this mask over what's true to screen. Rather it was arguments against those that were bitching about how disappointed that this toy for it's $100 price point and features and that's meant for the mass market wasn't up to their expectations because it didn't look like a Vader helmet that came straight off the screen in all of its giant-sized domed asymmetric glory...

That said, I for one am really looking forward to picking one of these up....

No no, no one was complaining that its not screen accurate, our point was they could have done better with no more work needed. That was the point I was trying to make.

It seems like some of the concessions were made so that, someone who isn't 6' 6" tall and built like Dave Prowse was, can wear it.

It seems like some of the concessions were made so that, someone who isn't 6' 6" tall and built like Dave Prowse was, can wear it.

The sizing I completely understand as a large portion of the buyers would be kids and teenagers. But the sculpt could have been better with out any extra work. To me it looks like someone from the 70's building a vader with the limited references at the time was sculpting it.

It's true. You can't wear an accurately sized helmet without looking like a bobble head. I can see entire raves where they're wearing this thing.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back