The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

téléchargement.jpg

Is it the "The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread" or "The why am I right and you are wrong Thread" ?

Last things I’ll say about this silly “discussion” we’re having. There’s a diference between constructive criticism and nitpicking. Sorry I didnt’t dye my hair brown. If this disqualifies me as cosplayig in your book, so be it.

Lastly, my intention was never to disrespect anyone here that works really hard getting or making the perfect movie accurate costume. More power to you. I think that’s really awesome and cool. I just wanted a place to share what I put together and a thread whose title seemed to suggest a place for this was where I posted it. Maybe I should have created a new thread. Oh well. What’s done is done. Happy cosplaying everyone.

Last edited:
You don't need to apologize for anything, we're happy to have you here. Nobody with any sense would expect you to spend more money or put in more time than you want on your own project. I usually go all out on my costumes, and I've still hit a point on this one where I just said **** it and bought that $80 ebay jacket. I might upgrade to a good long coat some day, but I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars and even more man hours making a flawless replica when I can call it good at $80. Everybody has a length they personally want to go to, so do whatever you want to do. This forum isn't supposed to be about being better than everybody else anyway, it's supposed to be about sharing build tips, techniques, and just posting pictures of stuff we're proud of. That guy asked to be banned and I think the mods should help him out.

You don't need to apologize for anything, we're happy to have you here. Nobody with any sense would expect you to spend more money or put in more time than you want on your own project. I usually go all out on my costumes, and I've still hit a point on this one where I just said **** it and bought that $80 ebay jacket. I might upgrade to a good long coat some day, but I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars and even more man hours making a flawless replica when I can call it good at $80. Everybody has a length they personally want to go to, so do whatever you want to do. This forum isn't supposed to be about being better than everybody else anyway, it's supposed to be about sharing build tips, techniques, and just posting pictures of stuff we're proud of. That guy asked to be banned and I think the mods should help him out.

Exactly. My Star-Lord cosplay is going to always be a work in progress. I hope to keep making it better and more accurate with each iteration. And that’s what I’m here for. To see how more talented people than me go about doing so and maybe I can pick up some tips and tricks along the way.

The only thing I don’t agree with you is banning the dude. That seems harsh. Yea so we differ vastly on our definition of cosplay. I don’t really care. I’m not going to change his mind, and vice versa. I appreciate all the support I’ve gotten on here though. Lets get back to the topic at hand, which is our lord and savior Star-Prince’s outfit.

Auel! Man up and show us what YOU got!

I don't point out people who are in bad costumes in real life, why would you assume that? You guys are easily butt hurt over me saying sometime is dressing up instead of cosplaying.

My opinion is to my own, I'm not even trying to tell everyone on this board that "Hey! This guy is not properly cosplaying!". Maybe I should send the guy a PM and talk to him instead? Then what is this board for?

You are going way overboard about how cosplay costumes and movie magic works.

The dude at Disneyland does a good job portraying and "cosplaying" as Star-Lord as a job, that is commitment and I enjoy that.

Also, I just don't see how Steampunk, genderbender are cosplaying imo. And it's my opinion, I'm not trying to tell the world that it's not cosplaying or what not. You get happy with what you want to call it, I'm just pointing out my own facts and criticism. I you can't get over with a little criticism and improve, why are you even cosplaying?

Why not wear a Gearshift t-shirt, red jeans and brown boots and call yourself Star-Lord?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Auel! Man up and show us what YOU got!

IMG_0024.JPG

Here's what I assembled so far, a MDR-5a is heading my way.

I went for the hard to get pieces first before I go on to the soft goods.

Not gonna use the Hasbro helmet as it is too heavy and oversize.

Is it just me or is that a Zune in that picture?

I think that's just his phone he chucked into his costume before doing the interview. Looks like a Samsung to me.

Not much there mate. Good to notpassjusgement when you have nothing but purchased items. Most SL here have made their own items.

I like said, I went for the hard to get items first. I didn't not mentioned that I made those, I am starting to get bits and pieces of the soft goods.

But honestly, the dude did not even try to get close enough costume parts and parading around with a infinity gauntlet. I felt that he was not trying to portray SL in a "show accurate manner or look" hence the comment. Didn't know everyone's getting butt hurt over it.

If he feels good thinking that he's SL, so be it. I would feel ashamed to be doing the same, and as again. My personal opinion.

Last edited:
I like said, I went for the hard to get items first. I didn't not mentioned that I made those, I am starting to get bits and pieces of the soft goods.

But honestly, the dude did not even try to get close enough costume parts and parading around with a infinity gauntlet. I felt that he was not trying to portray SL in a "show accurate manner or look" hence the comment. Didn't know everyone's getting butt hurt over it.

If he feels good thinking that he's SL, so be it. I would feel ashamed to be doing the same, and as again. My personal opinion.

I'm going to assume that English is a second language for you? Because the fact that you use really harsh language like "ashamed" and "disrespected" as well as the numerous grammatical errors makes me think that either you take this cosplay thing WAY too seriously and judge others that don't fit in to your lofty standards or that English is a second language. If it's the latter (language barrier), no worries. I can understand that. All cool with me. But if it's the former (people have to live up to your standards of cosplay otherwise they should feel ASHAMED) then that is outright unfair and like others have said "douchey". I've resisted calling you out much or getting nasty with you but your continued unprovoked attack against my rendition of Star-Lord is wearing thin on me. My previous posts have all been amicable and all ended with the thought for us to move on from this situation and to keep this thread on track for its original intended purpose. Please let it go man. Move on with your life. Don't make me second guess voicing my opinion that you shouldn't be banned.

Thanks and have a great day cosplaying.

I'm going to assume that English is a second language for you? Because the fact that you use really harsh language like "ashamed" and "disrespected" as well as the numerous grammatical errors makes me think that either you take this cosplay thing WAY too seriously and judge others that don't fit in to your lofty standards or that English is a second language. If it's the latter (language barrier), no worries. I can understand that. All cool with me. But if it's the former (people have to live up to your standards of cosplay otherwise they should feel ASHAMED) then that is outright unfair and like others have said "douchey". I've resisted calling you out much or getting nasty with you but your continued unprovoked attack against my rendition of Star-Lord is wearing thin on me. My previous posts have all been amicable and all ended with the thought for us to move on from this situation and to keep this thread on track for its original intended purpose. Please let it go man. Move on with your life. Don't make me second guess voicing my opinion that you shouldn't be banned.

Thanks and have a great day cosplaying.

I'll get banned for voicing my opinions?

Tell the mods to go ahead then, why did you even post your photos if you know you are sub par and just wanted attention to be SL?

I would do justice to a character by researching and trying to be the best as I can, you can't even hang the walkman properly.

Such petty people, I wonder why did you guys even sign up to a board for.

I'm out of here. Bye.

I'll get banned for voicing my opinions?

Tell the mods to go ahead then, why did you even post your photos if you know you are sub par and just wanted attention to be SL?

I would do justice to a character by researching and trying to be the best as I can, you can't even hang the walkman properly.

Such petty people, I wonder why did you guys even sign up to a board for.

I'm out of here. Bye.

See ya. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. In the off chance you are still lurking and reading, here's some thoughts on your last post:

First of all, you were the one to bring up being banned (see your post in this thread #3199). No one else brought that up before you mentioned it yourself. I know it's hard to keep straight all the B.S. you posted. But please at least acknowledge that point.

I posted my photos because I wanted to share and contribute what I put together to this community. The slogan for the RPF is literally "craft your fandom". Not "only display your fandom if it is basically movie quality and make sure everything is neatly and exactly put together otherwise you should be ashamed for disrespecting people". That's just silly. It would be too long to fit up there on the top banner.

As far as doing research for the character, yup, did it and still doing it. Still evolving my cosplay. The fact I wore it to a con and posted pics on here doesn't mean it's my final form. I'm sorry you are still stuck on the Walkman being hung wrong. I did not know it would offend people so much! Man, are my cheeks red with embarrassment.

Your last point: no one here is petty except maybe, possibly you. I know, you have your own beliefs as to what cosplay is. Steampunk isn't. Neither is genderbent versions. Or I assume people that dress outside of their race. Hmmm.... who sounds petty now?

I'm glad you formally said bye. In all my years lurking and finally joining to post on here, I've never seen a member that has been as critical, rude, and disrespectful as you good sir have been to me. I don't comprehend how my cosplay in my little corner of this gigantic universe of ours offends your senses as much as it has. Good day.

Later dude! Come back when you have a full Star Lord rig that you made yourself. Don't let the Milano hatch hit you in the arse on your way out of the kingdom!

RPF is a place for helping, sharing ideas, COMPLIMENTING one another for what blood, sweat, and tears into this craft whether it be costuming, model making, replica props, etc. How do you get feedback and constructive criticism if you don't post your pictures. For some "good enough" is what they want. You could wear brown jeans, blue shirt, red leather jacket, and a SL helmet and people will know you are Star Lord. Some people go all out and find everything possible to make up their Star Lord rig and even go as far as finding the correct, highly expensive zipper, rivets, etc. If we can't find it, we make it!!!

As Thumper's mom always reminded Thumper, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all!"
thumper-cant-say-something-nice.jpg

Last edited:
How do people feel about these colors?

View attachment 809418

Okay, gonna classify these as the dark purple (5255CP) and pale purple (7448CP) to make it easier when I speak x) . Might just be me but it looks like the pale purple is a shade lighter. I don't know, I've been messin with it photoshop for a few minutes but since that one shot seems to have altered colors it's hard to get the shade right. I think the two colors your picked contrast well with one another, though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back