Ralph McQuarrie X wing 1/24 WIP

In the trench run pic they look blue.

I just pulled mine out of the closet and noticed some of the parts of yours are different.
The one I have is a REL first edition with clear cockpit.

In the trench run pic they look blue.

I just pulled mine out of the closet and noticed some of the parts of yours are different.
The one I have is a REL first edition with clear cockpit.

Only problem is some pics have a warmer tint and some have a cooler tint.
Some are brighter and some are darker. :(

What do you mean by “clear cockpit”?

There was no cockpit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d9705fc9f11910480d59e96cf2d039ee.jpg

The interior piece that goes around the pilot with the buttons and targeting screen.

It was optional to have it in clear to make lighting easier.

Since I started this build on the side ive been working on and off on creating wing designs.
Must have made dozens and cant decide.
I finally just said screw it and picked something extremely simple.
I may end up hating it later. :(

6ea6f00e63e885965e74190e101629da.jpg

I like it. Sometimes simple is good. I see a lot of over-design and it can be tough on the old orbs. This is very nice and can be made to have different designations by breaking up the stripes or adding stripes into the curve. Very cool

I like it. Sometimes simple is good. I see a lot of over-design and it can be tough on the old orbs. This is very nice and can be made to have different designations by breaking up the stripes or adding stripes into the curve. Very cool

Yeah, McQ’s markings usually consisted of simple rectangles or triangles with an occasional swoop.
I decided to keep kind of simple.

FWIW, I think the first one is by far the best, in keeping with the overall design theme. IMHO.

Thats only a fraction of the designs I made.
I was literally sitting at my computer for 2 days trying to decide from dozens of markings. Lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back