Teecrooz’s Prop Collection: Updated: 22nd of December, 2023

Re: My Lightsaber Builds (All Real Parts and Replicas)

Worked on some ANH grips tonight. Glad to get rid of the little rubber bands I had holding them on. Next is the Luke D-ring.

I'll be interested to see how you attach the D-ring if you're going a non-destructive route. I cut the head off a rivet and held the whole thing together/on with some Liquid Nails. It worked for a while but popped off all on its own one day because of the tension in the D-ring strap. It wanted to flex open, so finally it did, and popped off of the saber at the same time.

I cut them to length, then eyeballing the angle and cutting it with my old trusty Tamiya side cutter. Small differencies don´t matter, the originals were also not perfect the same.

Then, for my own liking, some sanding and polishing - feels better when swooshing and wrooming it. :angel

I'll be interested to see how you attach the D-ring if you're going a non-destructive route. I cut the head off a rivet and held the whole thing together/on with some Liquid Nails. It worked for a while but popped off all on its own one day because of the tension in the D-ring strap. It wanted to flex open, so finally it did, and popped off of the saber at the same time.

I was going to try some J-B Weld, clamping it closed until it sets. Then use a fake rivet again, and the double sided tape to hold it in place. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Looks like I stole my D-ring and used it for a Luke V2. I'll need to order another before I can try this out.

Last edited:

I was going to try some J-B Weld, clamping it closed until it sets. Then use a fake rivet again, and the double sided tape to hold it in place. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I left mine clamped closed (with the Liquid Nails) for months before attaching it to the flash. After I attached it it was a number of weeks later when it popped back open. Hopefully the JB Weld holds it better. That ought to be the next thing I try.

Have a metal shop welding or brazing small areas around the rivet hole, so that these points were covered by the rivet.

I still don´t think it would held up on the flashs end forever, but the chances for some time would be better.

Update time. I got my MPP back from Romans Empire so I put grips, wires, and bubbles on it. Also, the grenade tube came today so I snuck it onto the Obi shrine. Thanks again @Edraven99!

I also switched out a shelf so I could put my Indy props out. I needed something new to look at for a while. MR Obis are all back in storage.

IMG_4747.JPG

IMG_4751.JPG

IMG_4752.JPG

IMG_4755.JPG

Last edited:
Re: My Lightsaber Builds (All Real Parts and Replicas)❕

Ok, moved a few things around a little bit a la Dave's "Display Feng Shui". It really does make a difference and when I move and have my proper office back, I'm flying him down here to help. :)

Don't forget to go back and see the update at the end of page 14!

Also, I think a clear bulb is needed. Going to go hunt one down unless anyone has a spare.

Attachments

• IMG_4761.JPG
    IMG_4761.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Re: My Lightsaber Builds (All Real Parts and Replicas)❕

Ok, moved a few things around a little bit a la Dave's "Display Feng Shui". It really does make a difference and when I move and have my proper office back, I'm flying him down here to help. :)

Don't forget to go back and see the update at the end of page 14!

Also, I think a clear bulb is needed. Going to go hunt one down unless anyone has a spare.

Clear flash bulb? I might have one... I'll check when I get home...

Very nice, Chris.

I've not seen a flash reflector w/ a daylight gel before.

Is it a hard piece of plastic that snugs up under the lip of the reflector?

Thanks Mike!

The blue is actually just the reflection of the blue glass on the bulb on the reflector surface. I do have some other reflectors from Canon Model Y flashes with the reflector covers though.

I'd suggest leaving the daylight bulb casting the blue reflection, as Kenobi's lightsaber color was blue.

Well, once again, not a lightsaber. I am going to have to change the name of this thread eventually.

I was able to pick this up and I am just waiting for it to arrive.

Attachments

• IMG_1733.JPG
    IMG_1733.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1732.JPG
    IMG_1732.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1731.JPG
    IMG_1731.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1730.JPG
    IMG_1730.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1729.JPG
    IMG_1729.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 124

How much does an MGC compare to a real Mk 4 Sterling ... price wise?

sterlin-mk4.jpg

Just feeling the waters :wacko

Chaïm

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back