Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Just found this on an older thread , great reference all the films can be accessed from the gallery
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) - Star Wars Screencaps.com

Sweet! I came across this a while ago and forgot to bookmark it. Cheers mate!

- - - Updated - - -

Just found this on an older thread , great reference all the films can be accessed from the gallery
http://starwarsscreencaps.com/star-wars-episode-v-the-empire-strikes-back-1980/

Sweet! I came across this a while ago and forgot to bookmark it. Cheers mate!

My first set of parts arrived yesterday! So exciting. I have to admit though, looking at the included blueprint I had no idea how frickin big this puppy will be!!

I got a question regarding this hole project. Just read on a German Forum that Deagostini stopped the project due to "Needed Improvements of the Product" and that customers will be informed at a later date and sorry for the inconvenience...etc etc. has this issue been resolved or?

I noticed this as I was trying to order it on the Official German Deagostini Website and it says not available at the moment. Or are they simply sold out?

Sorry if this already have been discussed here, but to many posts to sift trough.

Here is the Standard Mail that some ppl got as a response when asking what was up with taking new Orders...sorry in German.

von Deagostini

vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse an der Sammelreihe BAU DEN STAR WARS MILLENNIUM FALCON.

Leider ist die Sammlung zu diesem Zeitpunkt nicht mehr lieferbar.
Wir haben in den letzten Wochen viele Zuschriften mit Meinungen und Anregungen von unseren Lesern zu BAU DEN STAR WARS MILLENNIUM FALCON erhalten. Da wir ständig bemüht sind, die Qualität unserer Produkte zu verbessern, wollen wir das Konzept dieser Serie nun weiterentwickeln. Aus diesem Grunde haben wir die Sammlung vorerst eingestellt. Im Falle einer Weiterführung der Sammlung werden wir die neuen Erscheinungstermine rechtzeitig auf der Website http://www.millenniumfalcon-modell.de veröffentlichen.

Wir entschuldigen uns für die Unannehmlichkeiten und danken für Ihr Verständnis!

Ihr Team von BAU DEN STAR WARS MILLENNIUM FALCON

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a question regarding this hole project. Just read on a German Forum that Deagostini stopped the project due to "Needed Improvements of the Product" and that customers will be informed at a later date and sorry for the inconvenience...etc etc. has this issue been resolved or?

I noticed this as I was trying to order it on the Official German Deagostini Website and it says not available at the moment. Or are they simply sold out?

Sorry if this already have been discussed here, but to many posts to sift trough.

Here is the Standard Mail that some ppl got as a response when asking what was up with taking new Orders...sorry in German.

I haven't heard anything about them stopping and retooling the kit recently... you may want to check the dates on those messages you read. Reason why is that last year during the summer time, I believe, they did stop production and retooled the entire kit... but that was about the time they brought Steve Dymszo in to help out as well. Those that had already purchased a subscription were sent the first four retooled issues free and also got a free 5th issue (which explains why in Europe they are ahead of us and also at odd numbered issues). Which also means that they have the old kit parts and the retooled ones as well. As for anything recently... I haven't heard anything whatsoever about them cancelling the part run. As far as the German site, I don't know if it's been released in Germany yet. They just opened it up to the USA last month. I think it may have something to do with somekind of licensing or something along those lines that they haven't worked out yet. I could be wrong.

Hm, the Posts that I read was from 28.01.2015.
I just wrote Deagostini support Germany asking as to why I can't order it. Will post back ASAP went I hear something.

Screenshot from the German site.
Bildschirmfoto 2015-04-15 um 15.29.48.jpg
Exact Translation:

Dear Customer
We are sorry that it is not MORE Possible to order
The Millennium Falcon Model Kit.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-04-15 um 15.29.48.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They often do a test run first of a few issues.If it sells well then they commit to a full run of the kit.When they did the trial run in UK and it went well they decided to produce the kit, but they also modified many of the parts and improved the detail.My guess is that is what is happening in Germany and the newer, better detailed kit will be available soon in Germany.
That is just my guess though.I don't have any inside information.

Ugh! This is killing me! I know if I don't subscribe, I'll be kicking myself for missing out. I have the fine molds 1:72 kit sitting in my stash. I have the PE set and I was going to buy a bunch of aftermarket parts from shapeways. Now I dunno...

To hell with it. Got a subscription! This might be my only chance to get as close to having the real thing.

This is all your guys fault! :)

Last edited:
Ugh! This is killing me! I know if I don't subscribe, I'll be kicking myself for missing out. I have the fine molds 1:72 kit sitting in my stash. I have the PE set and I was going to buy a bunch of aftermarket parts from shapeways. Now I dunno...

To hell with it. Got a subscription! This might be my only chance to get as close to having the real thing.

Its not our fault my friend... when you get your first shipment you'll be like a kid at Christmas and twice as excited. I know I was! :) Welcome to the Falcon Owners Club bro!

Its not our fault my friend... when you get your first shipment you'll be like a kid at Christmas and twice as excited. I know I was! :) Welcome to the Falcon Owners Club bro!
I know! Looking at and holding the cockpit put together gave me such a nerd erection! LOL

HoIy crap and wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I assume you did this on your own, this is not part of the Deago kit???

Are you gonna do a vid explaining how you did it??

Again, wow. Incredible looking.

As promised. The original idea is from Andy (Andygee1138) he is a member here and said that i could post his method...

"Just need two tiny holes drilled at 45 degrees into the sett back between the original mounts and viola!"

Welcome, you are one of us now.

There is no going back.

I know! I know! I'm in the process of reading the thread so I'm only about half way through. Took a look at Ians site, and I like what he's done in terms of adding extra detail to enhance it. This is going to be a fun build. I think I'm just going to build my 1:72 FM Falcon, and add derail to it like I planned. It's still a great kit. I have the Annigrand SD kit, but im holding off for a year to see if Bandai can just produce a good Star Destroyer kit I'll be happy for a minute. :)

One of my Grail kits is Randy Coopers Spinner which I'm waiting for it to come in. The other is his Time Machine Kit, but I'll save those for another thread.

Three things.

I just got issues 5-8. This thing is so freaking awesome,..if you don't think this is one of the greatest things ever your crazy. Even without Tony's amazing upgrade parts, many of which I am getting, it's awesome. If you are a Falcon fan and you don't get this your crazy and you will regret it. Cancel cable, quit smoking, cut out junk food like I am doing. Do whatever you have to do to get this thing. Right out of the box it's awesome and you never have to mod a thing. If you want to mod until your hearts content.

Second if you are using the stickers on the dash and ceiling blacken the edge with a Sharpie. The white sticks out bad if you don't. Nice new Sharpie. Run it along the edge of the stickers and it looks a thousand times better.

Third, I may need to buy two control yokes and a dash sticker from someone who is not using them. I seam to have lost mine :(

THIS THING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(y)cheers:):D:cool;):p:lol.

What is this about "Tony's amazing upgrades"? I've been trying to keep up but doing a lot of skimming, so I must have missed it. Or it's blended in with a guy who is doing a new update set for the MPC/AMT/Ertl kit and the parts for the Hasbro "toy."
Thanks,
Mike

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back