Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Hi everyone. I'm still on the fence about whether or not to get this kit (space/time/other kits to finish first/etc.) but I thought I might be able to help in one way. I see there are lots of questions about the color of the model. Kokkari posted a good explanation of why it's hard to figure out.

I have an online folder of photos I took of the 5 footer when it was on display in Los Angeles. I color corrected the photos to remove the green cast of the glass display case (I think I used the white in the exhibit of the Taun Taun model as a reference) and, most importantly, I took the pictures with a handheld flash that overpowered the lights in the display which were all sorts of weird colors. The results are photos that show, (as clearly as I think is possible without having unrestricted access to the model,) what the colors should be. Here's the link to the photos: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=2562E103EE4C3F24&id=2562e103ee4c3f24!107

Hope this is helpful.

Awesome pics.

Thanks

Tom

I have an online folder of photos I took of the 5 footer when it was on display in Los Angeles. I color corrected the photos to remove the green cast of the glass display case (I think I used the white in the exhibit of the Taun Taun model as a reference) and, most importantly, I took the pictures with a handheld flash that overpowered the lights in the display which were all sorts of weird colors. The results are photos that show, (as clearly as I think is possible without having unrestricted access to the model,) what the colors should be. Here's the link to the photos: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=2562E103EE4C3F24&id=2562e103ee4c3f24!107

Hope this is helpful.

These are some awesome photos, not just for the color-correcting, but just some nice, vivid shots, especially of the underside/belly, which seems to get missed a lot.

Many thanks!

Chris

Hi everyone. I'm still on the fence about whether or not to get this kit (space/time/other kits to finish first/etc.) but I thought I might be able to help in one way. I see there are lots of questions about the color of the model. Kokkari posted a good explanation of why it's hard to figure out.

Hope this is helpful.
Awesome pictures thankyou

Well I ordered mine 13 Days ago here in the UK, got a confirmation email saying I would get my first issue within 14 days, and my direct debit has been set up.

Since then... Nothing. I can't add my subscription to my account as it says my postcode is invalid. And when I try to log in on their main website I just get a server fail page. Have emailed them but nothing back yet.

Hope this is helpful.

Excellent shots!!!

Already on my HD!

Thanks

HoIy crap and wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I assume you did this on your own, this is not part of the Deago kit???

Are you gonna do a vid explaining how you did it??

Again, wow. Incredible looking.
Thanks for that ......

most of the ideas behind the double leds for the ambient light were from another guy on the deagostini forum.
but yeah i did it all myself.
Its a touch tricky only have one hand...but with patience i got there.

Ill ask the guy for his plans to post on here for the ambient light. leave it with me.

Thanks for that ......

most of the ideas behind the double leds for the ambient light were from another guy on the deagostini forum.
but yeah i did it all myself.
Its a touch tricky only have one hand...but with patience i got there.

Ill ask the guy for his plans to post on here for the ambient light. leave it with me.

You mean you can only get one hand in a tight spot or you only have one hand?

You mean you can only get one hand in a tight spot or you only have one hand?
I was born with now hand, well its an unformed left hand.
But tbh its never held me back doing anything.
Maybe its slows me down compared to a two handed guy, but hey I'm just the mindset that thinks try harder..juts try harder.
Also my parents and brothers bought me up well...no sympathy... and not treated any different.

Run out of .25 mm fiber today, so awaiting a shipment of more before i finish the white lights in the navi computer .

cheers

Well I ordered mine 13 Days ago here in the UK, got a confirmation email saying I would get my first issue within 14 days, and my direct debit has been set up.

Since then... Nothing. I can't add my subscription to my account as it says my postcode is invalid. And when I try to log in on their main website I just get a server fail page. Have emailed them but nothing back yet.

same story here mate, i joined the forum over here
http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/
and they pm'd me after seeing one of my posts.
wanting to get it sorted for me.

join up and get in touch with tony pearson in the ask the publisher section De Agostini , hopefully he can pull a few strings.

they are aware the fan is getting covered in doo doo and are trying to save it asap

shapeways have a 10% off code at the moment until the 20th of april if you want to get some of the 3d printed parts for your falcons.

since these parts are quite pricey this might lessen the blow to your wallets.

THANKYOU10 <--- submit this at checkout

I was born with now hand, well its an unformed left hand.
But tbh its never held me back doing anything.
Maybe its slows me down compared to a two handed guy, but hey I'm just the mindset that thinks try harder..juts try harder.
Also my parents and brothers bought me up well...no sympathy... and not treated any different.

Run out of .25 mm fiber today, so awaiting a shipment of more before i finish the white lights in the navi computer .

cheers

That's really cool that you don't let that stop you and the way your family raised you about it.. I am a Special Ed teacher and I work with kids who have been severely abused and neglected so I love inspirational stories like yours.

I always thought if I lost a limb I would have one of my prosthetics made to look like an Terminator Endoskeleton leg or arm/hand.

Thanks again.

Tom

What is up with the RPF and double posts lately?????

Takes forever, asks if I want to leave the page, etc.

I dunno... been happening a lot here lately as well... seems to happen most when quoting... not sure if that's the problem or not but it would be nice if they could fix the problem!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back