Skyrim Dragon Priest Mask Display

GhostMinion

Sr Member
Hey everybody, just wanted to share progress on one of my current projects. I'm going to make the Dragon Priest masks from Skyrim and set up a nice wall display for them. I plan on making all nine, yes nine, even the "wooden mask". Eventually I will be making Konahrik as well as the center piece of this display.

To do so, I'm using JTM's model. Big thanks to him, and if you yourself want to 3d print or pep one of these you can find the files on thingiverse (JTM's page) or JTM's dragon priest pep thread.

DragonPriestMask_zps37d1f1fa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Konahrik1_zps1863fa42.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So, the plan is to print one, master it, and make a mold. Then I'll cast my nine. Here's how the printing looked, I printed the mask in two halves on my Replicator 2. I used Meshmixer to add supports in between the eye holes and the mouth hole. It's a nice program for this, you can make the little supports easy to snap right off.

DP1.jpgDP2.jpgDP3.jpgDP4.jpg
DP5.jpgDP6.jpgDP7.jpgDP8.jpg

DragonPriestMask2_zpsf135f777.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After printing it up, it was time to smooth it out. I used bondo, thinned out some with fiberglass resin, to do my smoothing work. I wanted the master to be smooth, despite the masks rough texture appearance in the game. After I was satisfied with the smoothing, I applied a few coats of primer and began to sand it down with ultra fine sand paper, giving it a polished surface.

Master2_zps759772e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then on to a clay base for molding.

DragonPriestonClay_zps4febcb37.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DragonPriestMold_zpsfca0cc64.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So, now that that's all done, it's time for the fun part, pulling the casts! Pulled some in SmoothCast 300............

DragonPriestCasts4_zps20c728b2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

........and some in ONYX.

DragonPriestCast3_zps36863ec6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So, I just need to cast all nine and start prepping them for painting! I'm currently thinking on how I can add the color effect of the enchantments. I want it to be present, but subtle.

Anyhow, more progress coming soon! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Very nice work. If you're thinking of adding the color effect of the enchantments you could maybe go the route of filters over your spotlighting for display?

Very cool! I'm glad you finished the printed parts first. It bugs me to no end when people don't fill and sand the printed parts before finishing or molding!

Any further progress on this dude? I love Skyrim props.

Can't wait to see the final display!!!!!

Any further progress on this dude? I love Skyrim props.

Can't wait to see the final display!!!!!

Waiting on some more resin. I've pulled a few casts, and was looking at paint today. But I didn't see anything that looked good, at least not at the hardware store.

Some of the casts I have to keep on hand at the moment since I'm doing a run, though. So, really, just waiting on more resin. :)

Hey guys, just wanted to drop a small update.

Still need to pull the last few casts, and I've been toying with the idea of the best way to add the battle scars. In every picture of each mask, the textures to the models have different battle scarring on each one. I want to try and duplicate this, so we'll see how that goes.

Still drawing blanks as far as how I will paint a couple of these guys, some don't exactly have an easy paintjob.

But, it's not all bad news! Check out the new KONAHRIK MASK!
Konahrik 1.jpg

JTM just finished this beauty up. I'll hopefully get it printed out in the next couple weeks. :D

Stay tuned............

Hey guys, played around with scarring up a mask. Trying to find a good method and was hoping for some advice. I like how it's coming, but it's hard to get nice deep ones. Most are just on the surface.......

That said, what do you guys think?

Scarring_zpsfc7d0149.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Also, wanted to show a sneak peak at the next mask......Miraak.

MasksFront_zps75189009.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• Masks Front.png
    Masks Front.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 155
Re: Skyrim Dragon Priest Mask Display--Konahrik Mask Model Added--

What are you using to make the battle damage? A dremmel will get you as deep as you want to go.

Re: Skyrim Dragon Priest Mask Display--Konahrik Mask Model Added--

Alright guys, got a little bit done on this. I've decided to forget about the enchantment colors. After studying the game models textures, I think they all are different enough to tell apart. I may still use lighting to get the effect.

Anyways, here's the current progress on Vokun:

Vokunwip_zps1a825d86.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And I've got the base coat down for Volsung, gonna be griming this one up tonight.

Volsungwip_zps4e840e0a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've almost got all my casts pulled, and I have a good idea on how I will paint them. The green ones, however, have me thinking still..........

Anyway, what do you guys think so far?

Re: Skyrim Dragon Priest Mask Display--Semi Finished Pic Last Post---

The scaring looks good and the masks look amazing. I can't wait to see the rest of them.

Re: Skyrim Dragon Priest Mask Display--Semi Finished Pic Last Post---

The scaring looks good and the masks look amazing. I can't wait to see the rest of them.

Thank you! Right now I'm going to take a short break from these, I need a little time to plan out how exactly I will paint the green colored ones. They ought to be interesting........

Re: Skyrim Dragon Priest Mask Display--Konahrik Mask 3D Printed--

Little bit of an update. Konahrik mask printed, just need to do the tusks.

KONAHRIK_zpsec9602f9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Got the tusks to Konahrik printed out today. They are a perfect fit, the shape key lines up with the hole perfectly!

tusk1_zps332db19d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

As you can see here, a nice tight fit. :) JTM did a smashing good job with modeling it this way.

tusk 2.jpg

Look what I got from Chris aka GhostMinion yesterday ^^
IMG_3573a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back