Custom Sub Zero

In this thread im going to be showing my homemade sub zero costume. Not based solely off of one game but kinda them all put together. Enjoy! Feedback is appreciated :)

image.jpg

I went to joann fabrics and found this blue diamond textured fabric for $10 a yard..a but pricy but worth it. I wanted 2 lines going across the fabric tho i probably shouldve put 3, basically with the blue fabric i cut 2 strips 2 yards long and about 6 inches wide and sewed them up.

image.jpgimage.jpg
Started making the strips and sewed them down. To make the strips even i used duct tape. I placed a piece of tape on the fabric and cut around it with a pair of scissors. For the trim i cut a long piece of black fabric which i got from walmart and also to save time i used permanent fabric tape for the trim and it avoids the sewing.

image.jpg
I made the belt out of a spare piece of fabric, some craft foam, some fabric glue, and an x-acto knife. I found the pattern on google images and traced it onto the foam then cut it out along with a black circle to go behind it. Then taped and glued it down to the belt, to hold the belt up i use a safety pin hidden under the fabric since its in 2 layers. Pretty secure.

Great work so far. I've thought of doing a Sub Zero suit for over a year, but just haven't gotten out of the planning phase. :( Will eagerly follow your results!

ATM
ShackMan

Tell ya what man, ive been putting so much stuff off. I thought this would be an excellent, simple costume to start out with. And for how much this costs is a fraction of what you could pay for other costumes, personally i think building your own is so much easier and rewarding. Hope to see a sub zero costume from ya one day!

image.jpgimage.jpg
Found some shin guards at walmart for 4.97 for 2. Painted them up and i think they look fairly nice! Definitely had to use plastic primer because the finish one the shin guards was too smooth And the paint would drip off. I used a can of cobalt blue spray paint, and white plastic primer.

image.jpgimage.jpg
Ive had a black morph suit for about a year now that was intended on the use of a batman costume which never worked. So, i cut the arms off a little before the shoulder because the material stretches, also the head was removable without cutting. The face mask i have no idea where to get, there used to be a go kart track here and they gave you the masks to wear under your helmet, so i got it from there before they closed down.

image.jpg
I noticed that sub zero has more..baggy pants than skintight. I work in a kitchen, and my company has provided me with a pair of these kitchen pants. Very high quality, durable and look clean. These are 19.00 on happychefuniforms.com tho mine were free. I put them overtop of the morphsuit and leave basically a skintight sleeveless shirt on top from the morphsuit. Then the actual costume goes on.

Look good, especially for free. If I ever get back in this project, I was looking at using black "karate" uniform pants. Tabi boots, and shin guards (the ones you found look great).

image.jpg
Costume put together, i still need the mask which i have ordered (i have no pepakura talent at all) fairly cheap. $55 also the money is going to a guy in need of some cash so i wanted to help, also provides an excellent product. If interested his name is Tim Blackburn on facebook. I believe i am going to get some more shin guards but much smaller and use them for the arm guards, maybe paint them a little differently too. I definitely will add some either black or silver ribbon to it to change it up a little.

Look good, especially for free. If I ever get back in this project, I was looking at using black "karate" uniform pants. Tabi boots, and shin guards (the ones you found look great).
I think that could work! Ive never been successful in finding tabi boots other than yellow. And for what pants i had laying around i think they look pretty good. Thanks for the compliments! :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back