Iron Man Mark VI build... Advise and thoughts needed

Spirit of ob1

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

So after watching all you guys i decided to try this out for my self, thanks to everyone for the encouragement !
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

here is what I gave so far, but I do have some questions.

photo_zps65c68b60.jpg

There is an extra piece on the bottom, I was wondering if it's needed? After I got to this point I just
left it because it seems I went wrong somewhere on the side.. So I didn't attach it,
photo_zps1b6086ae.jpg

photo_zpsa9fffd0b.jpg

Also, is this piece needed! Or because of the thickness of the foam will it be okay without? Can someone post pics of there build on the section please?

photo_zps9426ccd3.jpg

photo_zps296bd3ff.jpg

photo_zps19667941.jpg

Attachments

• photo_zps65c68b60.jpg
    photo_zps65c68b60.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 153
  • photo_zps9426ccd3.jpg
    photo_zps9426ccd3.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 142
  • photo_zps296bd3ff.jpg
    photo_zps296bd3ff.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 141
  • photo_zps19667941.jpg
    photo_zps19667941.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 151
  • photo_zps1b6086ae.jpg
    photo_zps1b6086ae.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 142
  • photo_zpsa9fffd0b.jpg
    photo_zpsa9fffd0b.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Re: Iron Man Mark VI build

Wow this great man!!! Those lines are stellar! The thin piece your referring to I did leave out. Im not sure it would make a difference if you used it or not as I belive its not visible? Keep it up:thumbsup

Thanks, I wasn't sure weather to add it. The foam I'm using is 5mm. Wasn't sure it it's thick enough...

Your lines and gluing are definitely looking better than mine (I've only completed the left forearm/gauntlet and bicep). Seeing yours, I'm considering switching to the Mark VI chest as it looks like it may be easier than the Mark IV, what with the IV having all the circles. I'll have to examine the PDO for the VI when I get home as I'm in the early stages of cutting out the IV chest so it's definitely not too late to switch.

Very accurate line cutting mate. Great job. If the whole suit ends up with that quality you will have a great suit!

Your lines and gluing are definitely looking better than mine (I've only completed the left forearm/gauntlet and bicep). Seeing yours, I'm considering switching to the Mark VI chest as it looks like it may be easier than the Mark IV, what with the IV having all the circles. I'll have to examine the PDO for the VI when I get home as I'm in the early stages of cutting out the IV chest so it's definitely not too late to switch.

Thanks, I have some mess ups where I started to go to fast only because the glue dries fast! lol. But I know what you mean about the Mark IV those circles
look difficult.

Very accurate line cutting mate. Great job. If the whole suit ends up with that quality you will have a great suit!

Thanks, the foam im using is real easy to cut, I just hope it doesn't backfire on me on durability. Its 5mm and cuts real smooth. I was quite surprised!

But I Really need help with the arms,, I cant figure this out, some pieces seem to small to fit together... So I just customized it.
Can some one show some details of theirs?

Heres what I came up with......... Any Help would be great! :unsure

photo_zps406d26b5.jpg

photo_zpse2f9caa0.jpg

photo_zps612b156e.jpg

Re: Iron Man Mark VI build... Need help

Another update,
Finished a bicep

So far I've been scaling every thing to 25, but I think the biceps are too big?
Can anyone chime in and let me know if this is normal?

Your 1st bicep looks better than any of the 3 I madeby a long ways. Ugh, I don't seem to have what it takes to cut out foam. I'm put together some pepakura helmets with cardstock this week and I'm going to see if I'm better at the fiberglass/resin method. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to cut foam and glue it with the proper precision. It's much harder than it looks. Nice work though.
As far as the size, how much room do you have? I know mine "look" too big, but once I put them on, I didn't have much wiggle room. I built mine on 27.5 scale and the forearm is just big enough as long as I don't add any electronics. I don't have huge arms, i'm 5'10" 175lbs. I'm barrell chested with average biceps and small forearms, or at least not proportionate in my opinion.

Randall, I actually think I have too much room, I would say at Least an inch and a half... I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that big? I've been scaling everything at 25. I'm 5'11 180 lbs. average built size...

- - - Updated - - -

Finished the back, don't know what to do with the holes I cut out??????????

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm having problems with the back,

Is it supposed to have this big gap? By the neck bone!.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I saw that pic, the spacing is there, but I have a gap, the shoulder parts kinda just tick up in the air? If I push it down it warps the whole thing?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back