Blade Runner Blaster - P.K.D. I 1997 Kit - in box - should I sell?

SkullDroid

I have a Doppelganger / Rick Ross P.K.D. I 1997 kit in storage that I never had the time (or guts) to build. Should I sell it or hold on to it for it's historical value?

Opinions?

pkd_1_1997.jpg

Personally I would sell it. Sure it's a great piece but the value is dropping daily due to the collectible market demand for metal upgrades.
Of course that's just me.

Yep. Sell it......But of course the ultimate decision is yours to make. :thumbsup
I bought an original PKD-1 kit complete with instructions and box, back in 2009.
I started building it in 2009, but have not worked on it since.
Out of the box and fully built it normally weighs about 500 grams (a bit over 1 pound).
....but when mine is complete (don't know when that will be), it will weigh in at 1,300 grams (about 3 pounds)
which is about the weight of a Tomenosuke. How...?... Major modifications with metal "impregnation"
into the resin, and cast/machined metal parts added, but it will still retain the Rick Ross blaster overall look which is so cool.

If you sell it, ask at least $200+ for it....As long as it is not a recast, and is the fair dinkum original Rick Ross cast.

Last edited:
Yep. Sell it......But of course the ultimate decision is yours to make. :thumbsup
I bought an original PKD-1 kit complete with instructions and box, back in 2009.
I started building it in 2009, but have not worked on it since.
Out of the box and fully built it normally weighs about 500 grams (1 pound).
....but when mine is complete (don't know when that will be), it will weigh in at 1,300 grams (3 pounds)
which is about the weight of a Tomenosuke. How...?... Major modifications with metal "impregnation"
into the resin, and cast/machined metal parts added, but it will still retain the Rick Ross blaster overall look which is so cool.

If you sell it, ask at least $200+ for it....As long as it is not a recast, and is the fair dinkum original Rick Ross cast.

hey, the tomenosuke is more like 1800g ;)

hey, the tomenosuke is more like 1800g ;)

Nah...... A major modification to the Tomenosuke will get it towards the 1800g maybe.
Out of the box, the Tomenosukes are around 1300 grams (2.9 to 3 pounds).
The Sidkit and the Worldcon Coyle Blasters are up in the 1750 to 1950g (which is 4 to 4+ pounds)

Nah...... A major modification to the Tomenosuke will get it towards the 1800g maybe.
Out of the box, the Tomenosukes are around 1300 grams (2.9 to 3 pounds).
The Sidkit and the Worldcon Coyle Blasters are up in the 1750 to 1950g (which is 4 to 4+ pounds)

ahah, yeah sorry, my mistake, lost a good occasion to shut my mouth there :$

...If you sell it, ask at least $200+ for it....As long as it is not a recast, and is the fair dinkum original Rick Ross cast.

Def not re-cast. Bought in Santa Monica CA back 2002-3, amber grips, electronics, white box with photo (from original post above) on top.

Funny story....apparently airport security folks though I might try to assemble it and hi-jack the plane with it (flying back to SF). They pulled me aside and shipped to me later.

Just make sure you list it in the Junkyard.
I always get suspicious that threads to discuss "selling an item", are really fishing expeditions, for private offers to avoid the premium member fees and deal with the Junk Yard. :lol

But I am sure I am wrong in this case. ;)

Yeah... Same here....Sorry about that Skulldroid...Got side tracked a bit.
That Rick Ross PKD-1 blaster you have for 'possible sale' is so cool........so are cats.:devil

Yeah... Same here....Sorry about that Skulldroid...Got side tracked a bit.
That Rick Ross PKD-1 blaster you have for 'possible sale' is so cool........so are cats.:devil

I figured I'd get the stink eye at some point. I'm really just curious at the moment because it sits buried in storage. Leaning towards keeping it un-built at this point. Still messing with my Tomenosuke.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back