Blade Runner 2049, old and new blasters!

Almost all the pieces in my prop collection are all made from machined metal, most with electronics or moving mechanisms.
Most of them cost hundreds of pounds. But I still call them 'my toys'.
I have no problem with the phrase at all. It doesn't matter and I think we're focusing on the wrong part of the discussion here.

Agreed. My car is my favorite "toy". To me, the implication was that the Tomenosuke "is just a toy" compared to other replicas, not worthy of the price (maybe true?) or it's status as a replica. Definitely got side tracked from original point of discussion. :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not wrong, but the word "toy" was sort of being used in a derogatory sense with respect to the Tomenosuke. Hell, I consider my real firearms to be gadgets for the most part, the only thing I hunt with them is paper.

So let me change the subject: What are we calling the K blaster ? Pflager Katsumata Series K ?

Just thought I'd stick my Tomenosuke in here... skulldroid_blaster-1.jpg

Last edited:
The Tomenosuke only hits three pounds with the Dummy Bullets loaded in according to my scale.

Also every version of the assembled Tomenosuke Blaster has the exact same Plastic to metal ratio. There has never been additions or deletions to metal content going back to first release.

Anyone know if actual .44 rounds fit in the cylinder ? I assume they do.

Tomenosuke dummy Mag 44 SPL fit all blasters. These rounds are a few millimetres shorter than the real 44 SPL rounds.
Real Mag 44 SPL rounds do not fit the Tomenosuke blasters, unless you remove the safety disc that is built into the bullet cylinder.
Mag 44 rounds which are longer than the SPL rounds obviously will not fit the Tomenosuke either due to the built in disc plate.

Tomenosuke dummy Mag 44 SPL fit all blasters. These rounds are a few millimetres shorter than the real 44 SPL rounds.
Real Mag 44 SPL rounds do not fit the Tomenosuke blasters, unless you remove the safety disc that is built into the bullet cylinder.
Mag 44 rounds which are longer than the SPL rounds obviously will not fit the Tomenosuke either due to the built in disc plate.

Ah okay thanks. So you need the replacement cylinder for them to fit .44 special then.

No I don't think this is accurate. The only reason the Tomenosuke has less metal is that Japanese law does not permit the barrel or cylinder to be metal. It not like they set out to make it all plastic. You can replace the barrel and cylinder quite easily with metal once you have it.

Suppose law restrictions are real, probably because the blaster seems a sci-fi gun. Why the tomenosuke's bulldog frame is made in the same way a japanese caps firing gun is made of? Do you remember the bulldogs I shown? The tomenosuke blaster could easily modifiyied to shot caps! I could just made a tutorial if you want. You can just buy 44 special bullets caps firing on yahoo auction japan market.Make an hole in the rear of the bulldog frame to allow the hammer knock on the center of bullet.The tomenosuke's cylinder just rotate exactly in place every time you push the trigger. Naturally you have to make an hole on your hammer and insert a 2mm metal round bar so he can knock to the bottom of bullets. Now you have a tomenosuke blaster that can fire caps.Probably we never fire with a replica that costs arround $1,000, but it would be cool know it can! Probably he could made another run with changes? Sure plastic gun can be deliver all arround the world with not hassle or more easy.Tomenosuke made something more, he occluded hammer hole . As I did for sid, I made the blaster with occluded hammer hole and the hammer have not the knocker, I made also a non rotating cylinder and main barrel occluded too, but some time I had customs trouble.Now a blaster like a Tomenosuke can considered a to. sorry... a special replica prop reproduction.However, I just am making for Sarednab run an Indiana Jones S&W M1917 2nd model, really a difficult project. I am building it with metal, zama, will be a kit.Cost $450 we don't like plastic and collettors don't want a plastic frame and cylinder, otherwise the price would be $300 but......I would prevent myself from realizing it :)

I finally paid off my Tomenosuke 2049 and I finally got it the other day!

I really like it, it's a very impressive piece of engineering, and I really dig the deep amber color of the grips, but it came with a few issues. Right out of the box the grip felt loose (I ended up having to disassemble it and tighten the frame pin screws), and there is a nasty burr on the tail of the receiver which I'll need to file down if I decide to take the plunge and weather it up,

My main problem is the bolt lever which is CRAZY LOOSE! Like, rattling around loose. Has anyone else had this problem with a 2049 Tomen? Is there a way to tighten the bolt?

[url]http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w460/Aldringham/TOMENsml1_zpsu9i9tjdo.jpg[/URL]

I really like it, it's a very impressive piece of engineering, and I really dig the deep amber color of the grips, but it came with a few issues. Right out of the box the grip felt loose (I ended up having to disassemble it and tighten the frame pin screws), and there is a nasty burr on the tail of the receiver which I'll need to file down if I decide to take the plunge and weather it up,

[url]http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w460/Aldringham/TOMENsml2_zpszuo1h8pv.jpg[/URL]

My main problem is the bolt lever which is CRAZY LOOSE! Like, rattling around loose. Has anyone else had this problem with a 2049 Tomen? Is there a way to tighten the bolt?
Take the bolt out & fit a piece of thick felt to the face of the bolt to keep it from flopping open. The floppiness is accurate to the original. Just the way it ends up when modified like that.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w460/Aldringham/TOMENsml1_zpsu9i9tjdo.jpg

Very nice. Will you be weathering the receiver?

Thanks bitfi3nd!

Grub - yes, I think I will at some point, although the factory finish is gorgeous. If I do though I'll have to switch up the barrel to a metal replacement so I can try and coordinate the finish with the receiver, at which point I'll probably want to switch out to a metal cylinder as well. Speaking of finishes, what type of bluing have people used on Tomens? I have some Aluminum Black from when I was putting my DL-44 together but I don't know what Tomenosuke used to make their receivers.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back