Harry Dean Stanton R.I.P.

RIP Harry D

Was extremely lucky enough to catch him and his legendary band back in the day. Walked in an Alien fan and shuffled out a Tex Mex fan.

Right.

IMG_5445.JPG

He'll always be Brett to me.

RIP! :(

I think all the glorification and admiration came from the fact that he was just phenomenally cool, which is a somewhat undefinable quality but instantly recognizable. Some people have it, some people don’t – and he definitely had it.

M

Right

He lived a long good life and appeared in a great many films. I never understood the glorification or admiration of him but I can give him that much.
You can say that about the vast majority of people getting "___________, RIP" threads. I've seen threads for people I have never heard of.

Watched "Lucky" last night and liked it very much. Stanton was really fragile at this stage but he gave a solid, smart, heartfelt performance as a guy facing down mortality. It has some light moments, though, and Tom Skerritt and David Lynch both have small but memorable parts, too. Just make sure you're in the mood for a deliberately slow moving film before you settle in to watch. A respectable final chapter for the Repo Man. RIP Harry Dean Stanton.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back