Jawa costumes for my boys.

cavx

Master Member
I have been a member of the 501st since 2013. Every year in May, we hold Stormtrooper Weekend at Dreamworld.
It is a great weekend and we raise more money for charity at this event than we probably raise at all the others combined .

My boys are both members of the Galactic Academy. Over the past few years, there has been what I can only call snobbery where some of these kids were turning up in costumes as expensive as those worn by the adults in 501st. Now there is nothing wrong with making your costume look as close to screen accurate as possible but when it makes other kids in the GA not want to troop because they feel underdressed, it kind of takes the fun out of the day for them and us as their patents.

So I decided to go a bit out and do these Jawas pretty much based on the CRL for the 501st approved Jawa but was mindful of the budget. I think both came in at about $200. Being GA, there is no approval process and when the boys grow too big, I will mannequin one as I have always wanted a 1:1 Jawa.

So here is my twin Jawa build.

Not sure what the cloth is, it is dark brown and today sprayed different coloured fabric paints to give the cloaks and hoods are more lived in dirty look.

The boots are just covered in strips of cloak cloth.

The standard patterns you find online were used. The pouches for the bandileer were made from vegan leather and pop rivited together. They were weathered today as well.

So a final test wear tonight helped work out what order they need to put on to costume up. Tomorrow is their first troop as Jawas.
e25ec44b1baad88807672f08d5c60c58.jpg
24e2e33e7ab9a071ea4c2cf47e40d03d.jpg
07bde97d8ba03714f6206cef37d6b847.jpg
04c7302a76315002d155c150c3798826.jpg
b9260019dcafd7da3fde5659a736cc51.jpg
b2f3c13307f51f0542043dd55ace6a31.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

That's awesome! A buddy of mine went as a Jawa for Halloween when we were kids and I was so jealous (I was too tall, lol). His Dad was rather artistic so they did it up just like yours with light bulb eyes and he made a Blaster where he put glitter into the barrel and it lit up green and made kind of a grinding noise when you pulled the "trigger" (two nails that completed the circuit).

Cheers!

Dave

I intend to add a light into the ends of the blasters. I justify needed to complete the costumes for 8am today. We are about to go to the parade now.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Super cool. I'd weathered down those robes a little, make them look sandy and Tatooiney... But excellent job for so short time and on budget!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back