F-toys star wars vehicle collection, the list

The downside of this is that the other F-Toys ships (A-Wing, the Y-wing, and the "armored" Y-wing, which appears to be canon now, since it appears in SW Rebels) look large next to the Bandai X-Wing, and that probably carries over into the other Bandai 1:144th ships as well.

I guess I'll just display them on the other side of the Millennium Falcon from the Bandai ships when my fleet is all built up, so it's less noticeable :)

In contrast, the F-Toys B-Wing looks better next to the Bandai X-Wing - the B-Wing is a little on the small side for the other F-toys ships.

Great thread ... and yes I was able to score 2 F-toys Tie-fighters for regular price from a Japanese ebay-seller ... and here's what I intend to use them for :

... to accompany an Anigrand Shuttle Tyderium ... the above picture is from Resin Illuminatie website if I recall correctly and I just had to have them with my Shuttle, once it's finished :wacko

Chaïm

Yeah I guess I was lucky and was able to buy one locally ... that said and having seen your 1: 144 scale models, I also know that the Shuttle Tyderium from Hallmarks is a very nice little yet detailed shuttle ... though it's scale deludes me :wacko

Here you see it next to those X-wing game models ... to give you an idea :

Pictures via google

Chaïm

Last edited:
I'd guess that puts it closer to 1:300-ish? I know the FFG X-wing miniatures scales are all over the place. rebelscale.com says that x-wing is 1:275th.

I took a few more proper comparison shots between the F-Toys X-Wing and the Bandai.

This shot of the rear end shows the wobbliness of the F-toys that I mentioned. The hinge is just not engineered anything like what Bandai can do.

P4247504.jpgP4247503.jpg

And then look at the difference in the top engine deck. It's not even close.

P4247500.jpgP4247498.jpg

And one more comparison of the overall size difference.

P4247495.jpg

Then, of COURSE, while disassembling the F-toys model to give it a paint upgrade and see how the wing hinge could possibly be improved, I accidentally popped off one of the engine nacelles and lost it. I guess that's the one I'll blow up in the trench run....

That Imperial Shuttle by Hallmark is quite larger than the 1/350 ST by F-toys ... anyhow I just wanted to show you a nice option next to Anigrand and F-toys :)

By the way have you purchased any 1/350 AT-AT's by F-toys? You get 2 body's and extra sets of legs so you can choose which position you prefer :

AT-AT with a penny :

1/144 next to the 1/350 by F-toys :

... and next the movie shot :

(Pictures © Chaïm Murzan Photography)

Chaïm

I finally built a Bandai vehicle model Y-wing, so here's a comparison shot of the Y-wings, with both the regular and armor panelled F-toys versions.

P5249654.jpg

Just like with the X-wing, the F-toys is significantly larger, but the Bandai is much more detailed. They both get the shape and proportions pretty spot-on as far as I can tell.

I wasn't sure about the covered Y-wing variant at first, but now that I have it I kinda love it - and it looks very much like the Y-wings seen Star Wars: Rebels when the rebels steal a squadron of them.

I bought an F-Toys Sandcrawler and was pretty impressed by the quality of the moulding. Unfortunately it’s glued together quite well. Not sure how best to dismantle it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back