Todd's Costumes DL-44 ????

The best way, I think is to make a stencil with a circle cut out to the correct dimension. Make a stencil that can withstand light sanding. Place it on the mag well to protect most of the finish and lightly sand off the blueing and then drill a hole in the center.

don't drill a hole... I made that mistake early on. There's no hole

I had a false alarm on my shipping notification. I guess it was something they didn't get cleared from earlier when I ordered something. So I'm still waiting. :unsure

Guys... who is , or does anyone know who Josh Horton from Sugar Grove IL is??????

I got a package with a Todd's blaster from him today, and I haven't got a clue as to who this is. I can't find his name in my email, or Facebook messages, so I can only guess at it being a Forum contact, but he didn't include any reference or notes....

help?

If Josh never turns up, you can send it to me... :lol

My delivery tracking says it's to arrive tomorrow but says it's in California. How is that going to work? Not gonna hold my breath. :/

... PLEASE post pictures :D

I've been dying to see the final product.

Sorry for the crappy phone pictures. My phone has a crappy camera... :(

IMG_20161015_150436517.jpg

IMG_20161015_150439123.jpg

IMG_20161015_151328772.jpg

IMG_20161015_151348324.jpg

IMG_20161015_151420529.jpg

There's some schmultz on the left tine of the internal sight thingy so it's coming apart and back together again but no worries.

I was shocked to receive it assembled. The workmanship is impeccable (as expected). At first I was dismayed that the elevation knob and outer rings weren't brass. Then I checked the website and it appears they are blued/anodized brass so you can weather to taste. Nice touch if so. Thanks, Todd. You set the bar, brother... :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the crappy phone pictures. My phone has a crappy camera... :(

View attachment 672981

View attachment 672982

View attachment 672983

View attachment 672984

View attachment 672985

There's some schmaltz on the left tine of the internal sight thingy so it's coming apart and back together again but no worries.

I was shocked to get it assembled. The workmanship is impeccable (as expected). At first I was dismayed that the elevation knob and outer rings weren't brass. Then I checked the website and it appears they are blued/anodized brass so you can weather to taste. Nice touch if so. Thanks, Todd. You set the bar, brother... :)

The original scopes are painted brass, so you normally won't see brass unless chipped off.

Thanks guys, but Todd and Dave at DEC are the freakin' gods here. How they can make a dream come true as a career is something I will always admire and envy...

mptachenko, If you show me yours, I'll show you mine!? Haha, post a pic of your live-fire and I will immediately do the same? If you don't wanna post one publicly, just IM me and I will reply to you with a pic. I just wanna see how yours came out and how you decided to do your finish and blah, blah, blah..... Come on, bring it on, thanks!

mptachenko, If you show me yours, I'll show you mine!? Haha, post a pic of your live-fire and I will immediately do the same? If you don't wanna post one publicly, just IM me and I will reply to you with a pic. I just wanna see how yours came out and how you decided to do your finish and blah, blah, blah..... Come on, bring it on, thanks!

I started this thread when I began the build

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=263703

I am waiting for the scope from Todd's Costumes. With any luck it should be shipping soon! "FIngers Crossed"

Disappointment after disappointment after disappointment...

Some how I knew to expect this. Broken heat sink and detached from blaster. The scope mount is completely loose and no matter how much I tighten the wheels it still shakes. But the deal breaker for me is the bent brass ring that holds the large glass. I cant remove it as it is jammed in there thanks to the bend.

It was clearly not an issue with the shipping as it was very well packed and the box was in perfect conditions when it arrived. Which means one of two things, A) My blaster was packed like this knowing it was defective, maybe hoping I didnt notice the bends on the ring. or B) someone was extremely rough with this blaster while packing it for shipment.

Now I do Hope Todd has spare parts to fix this for me as this has been the biggest disappointment of the year by far, considering all the B S I've already mentioned in this thread. Website telling me they are in stock and ready to ship when they are not, moths of wait with the same stories every three weeks, and then when its finally here its all broken and assembled terribly.

IMG_2312.JPGIMG_2313.JPGIMG_2314.JPGIMG_2315.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2313.JPG

IMG_2314.JPG

IMG_2315.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back